Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 18134 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last funny, random, and utterly absurd moment you've had in a game
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:46 am »

Playing mafia mod for sc2. I am a jester (my goal is to get the town to lynch me).  I claim to be sheriff and name a random townie as mafia (my plan is that he will turn out innocent and the town will lynch me in punishment). The random townie actually turns out to be mafia. 

I wait a night, survive because a doctor heals me and name the next random person as mafia.

He turns out to be a serial killer.

At this point I am confirmed as a sheriff.  The town trusts me implicitly.  The mafia wants me dead.

Struggle continues until it is down to me, the godfather and some townie.  The godfather is being fairly obvious.

So I claim the townie is mafia.  Townie thinks wtf, maybe a disguiser killed the sheriff, and is the last mafioso so he votes to lynch me.  Godfather thinks "thank the gods, I won!" and votes to lynch me.

They lynch me. One of them is going to commit suicide and I definitely won the game anyways, time to sit back and see who gets the victory screen (my guess is it going to be "mafia won")

No.  The mafioso killed the townie during the night. Since he is the last player left, he gets to commit suicide.

I didn't even know there was a "jester won" victory screen, but there is
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2012, 05:25:36 am »

Fairly par for the course for that kind of game, but while checking a random drawer in Fortune Summoners, I found Underwear.
It's equippable, but does absolutely nothing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2012, 06:15:36 am »

In Far Cry 2.

I'm a hundred yards or so across a valley from a guy with a Carl Gustav, and I have a sniper rifle.  I take aim, he takes aim, it's very intense, very Wild West Showdown.  I pull the trigger a split second before he does and my gun jams.  Fuck.  I survived, we were pretty far apart so I could get to a moderately safe distance.  A few seconds later I shoot him with a rocket in the air and it flips the fuck out.  It starts flying in circles, bouncing around at crazy angles, and after about 10 seconds of this goes flying off in a random direction and goes off.
Shoes...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2012, 06:32:09 am »

Skyrim, I have a bandit character, went to folkreath, into the hall of the dead, and found the priest and some other guy sleeping in two separate beds.  I pickpocketed the priest no problem, but when I tried it on the other guy, he woke up.  I killed him, then I turned my attention to the priest.  You see, the priest's bed had a closet on its left side.  If the priest exited to the right of the bed, he could have walked to me.  But he got out on the left side, which meant he was trapped.

And I had a bloody sword ready to be fed.

Not sure if this is funny or just sadistic. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2012, 06:44:25 am »

Did a flying leap out of my car with the intent of rolling away and it crushing someone. That someone is me.

I jump out of my car, and my car rolls up on top of me and stops.
I die.

GTA:SA, just cruisin'.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:31 am »

I had just killed a faction leader and was surrounded at all angles. I threw some IED's down, detonated them and jumped off a nearby cliff, hoping to see some water below. Falling for what seemed like the longest fall period I've ever had in a game. I landed about 2 feet from a river and SURVIVED. It was awesome.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 10:05:23 am »

I had just killed a faction leader and was surrounded at all angles. I threw some IED's down, detonated them and jumped off a nearby cliff, hoping to see some water below. Falling for what seemed like the longest fall period I've ever had in a game. I landed about 2 feet from a river and SURVIVED. It was awesome.

What game is this?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 10:57:23 am »

In just cause. Two smg's, on top of the really small plane you can call in. Fly past enemy base filled with explosives.

"cool guys don't look at explo- OH SHIT GROUND".
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 11:23:29 am »

What game is this?
Farcry 2
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

Malumium

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »

In Far Cry 2.

I'm a hundred yards or so across a valley from a guy with a Carl Gustav, and I have a sniper rifle.  I take aim, he takes aim, it's very intense, very Wild West Showdown.  I pull the trigger a split second before he does and my gun jams.  Fuck.  I survived, we were pretty far apart so I could get to a moderately safe distance.  A few seconds later I shoot him with a rocket in the air and it flips the fuck out.  It starts flying in circles, bouncing around at crazy angles, and after about 10 seconds of this goes flying off in a random direction and goes off.

Unlucky :P:

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2012, 12:31:31 pm »

Skirmish's brewing. Fail cast Petrifying Gaze. Move away and attempt to bluepill. Hit Flash button.

aaaarrrrrrrrgh.

(League of Legends. Cass is still OP)
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:56 pm »

Farcry 2. I was extremely wounded and looking for a safehouse. I found one and killed the people guarding it. Suddenly, I found LOADS more around the area. I got knocked out, but Josip WhatsHisLastName helped me. After killing all of the people, I noticed one more and headshotted him, killing him instantly. I soon realised that I just shot Josip... Oops...

While it's not random or absurd, it did make me laugh for a few seconds.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 03:29:49 pm by Angel Of Death »

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2012, 08:08:26 pm »

Skyrim:

I had just fast traveled to explore a bit and do some quests real quick, and was immediately attacked by an Apprentice Ice Mage. As I struggled to move close enough to attack (He kept slowing me down) a dragon landed right next to me. My first thought was, "Oh crap, this is going to be a long fight."

I rushed off to deal with the minor menace, first, and quickly dispatched the mage. I turned around, prepared for another epic confrontation with the dragon, only to see that it was completely motionless.

Baffled, I approached it, only to find that it had somehow died. I'm still not sure what killed it - My best guess is that the landing had something to do with it.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2012, 08:36:54 pm »

Skyrim:I was walking to the the thousand steps, 2 dragons attack me and i said "shit" then one for the dragons just drop dead......I laught my head off after that.

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2012, 10:13:25 pm »

I jump out of my car, and my car rolls up on top of me and stops.
I die.

You mean like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBCIgBnhY_E
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9