Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: What's the last funny/random/utterly absurd moment that happened in a game?  (Read 18114 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last funny, random, and utterly absurd moment you've had in a game
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2014, 10:57:45 pm »

Playing Planetside 2, trying to learn the controls.

Threw a grenade over a cliff by accident.

Killed two teammates.

I had a similar experience:

Throw a grenade at an enemy.

Allies clean up the room really quickly.

Grenade goes off, kills an ally, and probably injures several more.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2014, 07:32:41 pm »

This is due for a revival. Arise, my thread.

I had a pretty funny incident occur in ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS where me and my opponent managed to shoot each other, and our spinning post-hit arcs went right into each other, and on/during corkscrew impact, we hit each other again. They scored on the first hit, and I scored on the impact. We flew to opposite sides of the area we were fighting in after the second-impact, and kept fighting without skipping a beat.

Just as well, our dogfights get so close, collisions are rather commonplace (about 5-10 rocket distance maximum for a good 10 seconds average), but not like that. That was something else (also happened from a significant distance when it occurred; it drew an X). Never thought we'd bounce like that.

Planetside 2: I snuck deep into enemy base, had an enemy walk right past me, and not notice me, and walked to a vehicle console. They did not notice me one bit, even standing right in front of them (suicidally testing their vision). I took advantage of it at full force; or full-magazine to the gut, if you will, and laughed so hard, my brothers were wondering what I found so funny. Never thought such a cold method of execution could be so hilarious. Just as well, moments after, I was being chased by a small team, that was probably alerted of the incident (1 or 2 troops, 3 maximum and maybe a sniper), in such a manner, Yakkity Sax could be played to it, and for a good while too (a good 2 minutes, at least; which is a long time by those standards). This is despite the fact my settings were nerfed (to bottom-barrel levels; IE-absolute crap quality settings), and I was lagging a tad the whole time. So, a bit of a badass moment too, for an MMOFPS. Felt like Benny Hill Vash the Stampede the whole time.

Needless to say, my brothers (one being our squad leader) were puzzled by the whole incident.

Another PS2 incident involved a tank running away from combat like cowards. Nobody was chasing them, until I decided to take on the challenge. I was sneaking from atop the mountains, while they were scuttling away in the valley, with nobody after them. Then DEATH FROM ABOVE!!!! I drop from the top of the mountain on to their tank, and gun them down from on top of their cannon, and took out half of their life as they were helplessly trying to shoot me off with the cannon. Then common sense kicked in and one of them bailed out to shoot me from point-blank. Still, I had to pat myself on the back for taking out half of a tank's HP solo, and they didn't see it coming at all. Another random cackle on the comms for my brothers to overhear.

I don't think I should join the military. I'm too hilariously psychotic.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 08:37:25 pm by Itnetlolor »

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2014, 08:07:40 pm »

Playing WoT.
Covering behind a building from arty. Arty hits the building i'm covering behind somehow causing 300 damage (through hard cover) killing the commander and destroying my observation device.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2014, 08:32:25 pm »

Playing dead space, and one of those gits with the explosion arms comes knocking during that section where you have to shoot an asteroid out of the ship

Well I take care of it in the usual manner (trying very hard to conserve cutter ammo and usually succeeding), however, Apparently I hit both the nasty's arm and his explody flesh sack in one shot. It's a one in a million thing, I assure you. Well, the sac explodes, but the graphic for the arm is still there (a big spike made out of texture where the sac would be). Of course, I respond by shooting its leg off, to which it replies by not giving a single fuck and walking forward pretending it has a second leg. By this point i'm being backed into a corner and i'm freaking out a bit, so I shoot it's other leg off.

Apparently this released all the strain built up in it's body, because the git flies into the fucking roof at mach 2, then ricochets and slips through a grate to fall into one of those trademark bottomless pits.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »

Had 2 moments in Quake recently:
•I had the upper hand on an ogre to the point his grenades can't reach me from below. I just grabbed my beer and watched him kill himself with his own grenades (he kept firing right into where he was standing).
•I also witnessed some infighting between a zombie and an ogre. I put my money on the zombie winning, despite the ogre's chainsaw, and not even used grenade launcher. After watching the brawl for 5 minutes as the zombie fainted a few times, and the ogre fruitlessly kept hacking it apart with a chainsaw, the zombie laid in enough chunks of his own flesh into the ogre, he eventually won and started shuffling his way towards me to get rid of any witnesses. Unfortunately for him, I had explosives, speed, and distance.

These zombies are hardcore (knew it since decades ago). Only explosives can kill them deader than dead; anything else, even lightning guns, only stun them for a moment while they pass out (unless you have quad-damage, then a shotgun does well in turning them into chunky salsa, just shoot them at point-blank with the regular one; super, you can have some distance and still chunkify them)). Let's have the slow, yet insanely durable flesh-chucking zombies have a run in Left 4 Dead, and see how (new to Quake) players react to them. There's a reason why every dead body I come across in most games, I toss an explosive on them. Dead or alive, not taking chances; especially in arena matches.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 11:02:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2015, 08:28:51 pm »

* Itnetlolor chants necromancy spell

Just got back into playing GTA again. Vice City to be more precise.

Did the mission to cause a riot, and shut down a business by blowing up the place's trucks. After the fact, I decided to wait out the storm, and loot everyone afterwards. Turns out some security officers survived the riot, and my mission, and only one of them were actively chasing me. The others, however, decided taking down rioters wasn't enough fun, so I followed them for a bit, and watched them start taking down random citizens (mostly gang members, if killing sprees are to be considered in their judgement). It just looked like they were the kind of guards that wanted the job just so they can push people around. The riot was just an excuse to be an ass from that point onward. Fortunately, they were ended by an ambulance eventually.

Another absurd moment. I didn't expect to run an assassination mission of taking out a pizza delivery moped, while on a moped. I lacked an uzi or equivalent, so I had to do an epic grindhouse-style chase, with mopeds. I eventually stopped him enough to jump off my moped and drag them off of theirs and complete the mission. Unfortunately, I lacked a garage to store my new pizza bike.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One from ages ago. Playing Battlefield 2142.
There was a rule that forbids ramming (doing so was a bannable offence) because people used transport helicopters as cruise missiles because they could destroy anything by simply smashing into it.

So i was driving an APC (they have a strictly anti infantry mortar and a EMP grenade launcher) and got attacked by a gunship.
I managed to hit it with the EMP and force it to land. Now since the APC has no damaging weapons to use against gunships i simply decided to ram it... and got banned from the server.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile

Well this wasn't the most recent by any stretch, but had a good one years ago while playing Halo 3 with a friend.

We were messing around with the Foundry, he made a huge symbol or somesuch out of the (FUTURE!)explosive barrels and I dropped some vehicles on it, then we ended up in a firefight.

He killed me several times, but then we were at opposite ends of the map, I threw a grenade at the symbol, it all exploded with neither of us near it, but it LAUNCHED a Jeep, my friend jumped, and wham death by flying Jeep.

Still have that in my video things in game, though don't have to game anymore.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile

This isn't really funny but some of my friends thought it was funny when I showed them it.

So I became really OP in skyrim with all the best equipment and stuff. I was really bored and didn't want to do another repetitive dungeon so I decide to go on a guard murdering rampage.

I also found out that bodies despawn but dropped items do not. So I murdered a huge amount of guards stole their helmets and dropped them into a pile individually. Rinse and repeat.

By the time I had finished the pile had probably at least 300 or so helmets and was spread along a massive area outside Markath. Think like the size of the roof of a house in skyrim then place it on the ground and pile a massive pyramid on top.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Playing Fallout 3 I stumbled upon a merchant fellow or something of the like randomly in the desert. Can't remember what the dialogue
was but after talking to him he said he needed to go somewhere. He started running and for some reason I decided to follow him, just to
find out if he really was going somewhere, if they had coded him to do that.

Well things got hilarious because I ended up following him for an hour! He just kept running and I thought he must stop at some point since there won't be much map left to run to soon. After following him for an hour or so we finally arrived at some bunker, where he just stopped and started standing in front of the bunker door.

That's when I talked to him again, decided to kill him and found a key to the bunker door. Inside was a power armor! It was quite in the beginning too so I was super excited.

Probably the coolest moment I've had in a single-player game ever.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile

talking to someone and accidentally  blowing their head off is always shocking and then hilarious.
It's happened to me in multiple games. Notably FO3, GTA, and RDR
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

talking to someone and accidentally  blowing their head off is always shocking and then hilarious.
It's happened to me in multiple games. Notably FO3, GTA, and RDR

...Wait, what?  I don't remember that ever happening, unless you mean the slave collar stuff in FO3.  Or unless you mean you accidently shot them in the head and killed them, which is hilarious.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

On another WTF note, after scoring a 8+ win streak on toribash yesterday, I lost by breaking my ankle (read: severing) on the floor and getting disqualified when my leg stump touched the floor right after.

I didn't even know such thing could happen, I've broken other joints by impact to the floor before, but never the ankle one :v
Anyway, playing toribash again now. Being a blue belt again after so long is fun. So many win streaks :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2015, 06:04:34 pm »

Kinda reminds me of my playthroughs of NASCAR and ragequitting and just going bumper cars with traffic. Made some pretty nice pileups doing that.

Kind of reminds me of some racing game a bunch of my friends were playing... next car game maybe? I don't remember, I don't own it, I was watching on steam broadcasting.

Anyway there were 5 of them all on voice chat, and for some reason they decided to just line up across the track, bumper to bumper, and completely block it. So they hung back, lined up... the other people in the race go around... and you can practically see the WTF in the lead car's driver when he sees it. He slams the brakes, but he can't stop, and everyone just starts slamming into each other into this giant glorious pile of cars. Eventually enough cars get pushed out of the way that 2 - 3 people can sneak past and they finish the race, but almost all the racers were trapped inside the car blob.

I guess it's a dick move since most people were there to actually have a race, but it was pretty funny and certainly a wtf moment.

(yes I realize I'm replying to a very old comment)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica

Planetside 2:

Defending Subterranean Nanite Analysis is just ridiculous. There are two ways down to the capture point.

The main way down consists of dropping down those gravity pads. Right in front of about 48 engineers, maxes, heavies and medics.
The second, less well known way down consists of a couple of staircases and a hallway. A couple of maxes with engineer support can (usually) hold that no problem.

During the course of the battle there today, I managed to wrack up about 50 certs without shooting anyone. All I did was put down ammo packs and repair maxes and turrets.

The battle finally ended when someone spawned at a neighbouring base, pulled a tank, and then destroyed the enemy Sunderer.

Blood for the Blood God.
Meat for the Meat Grinder.
Glory to the Terran Republic.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9