Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Another FB thread  (Read 6911 times)

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
Re: Another FB thread
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2012, 08:38:35 am »

Their my dear gentle-dwarf is what we in the buisness of monster weaponisation call a siege killer. If you can figure out a way to make a siege cycle through its chambers etc.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2012, 01:06:08 pm »

Airlocks and bait rooms as necessary. Also, an altar for sacrifices :D

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »

On the topic of forgotten beasts, one just showed up. It's an eyeless rabbit with golden hair and a poisonous sting. Creepy, to say the least.
*insert witty signature here*

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 04:26:30 pm »

I got a block composed of fire. It had a spiral shell and it looked emaciated.

My reaction:

"Alright, it's made of fire, so that will be easy. But it's also a blob, so that could cause a bit of problems. The shell adds some protection too..."

My reaction after the battle:

"Sweet, that was actually really easy. Only two people died - OH GOD THE CAVERNS ARE ON FIRE!!!"
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 07:37:10 pm »

Pour salt water on it! Kill it with salt!

wait, this is dwarf fortress, where nothing ever rusts... :'(

Steel doesn't rust anyways... So how would you know? :d
Merely throwing in some carbon doesn't make iron rustproof. You need some chromium for that.

Here be da proof

How do you know those aren't iron? :p

First off, they are. Steel is iron. With the tiniest bit of carbon usually, though other hardening agents are used as well.  ;)

I haven't seen truly low carbon iron alloys used in nails as of yet. Once I tried to find low carbon (I think the term is "wrought iron") nails for an electromagnet, because I had heard somewhere that they would work better (not sure of that notion). I should have looked in an antique shop.

Also, Maybe I should have been more direct

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 09:15:59 pm »

First off, they are. Steel is iron.
Nope. Iron-Carbon alloy. But you didn't need to say tha-

With the tiniest bit of carbon usually, though other hardening agents are used as well.  ;)

I haven't seen truly low carbon iron alloys used in nails as of yet. Once I tried to find low carbon (I think the term is "wrought iron") nails for an electromagnet, because I had heard somewhere that they would work better (not sure of that notion). I should have looked in an antique shop.

Also, Maybe I should have been more direct

Vic Romano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:55:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just saw this and instantly thought of a FB.  Relevancy questionable.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 08:09:16 pm »

On the topic of forgotten beasties, I currently have one trapped near the edge of my caverns. A humanoid composed of sand with a shell and deadly blood, who I have nicknamed Sandman. I plan to trap him in a special room that contains a special pit, have him killed via marksdwarves, then partially fill the pit with water. where I will then have a few volunteers* hop in and test the effects of said blood.

Already lost two dwarves in this endeavor, so hopefully I don't accidentally overlook some vital detail and screw the whole project up. Wouldn't want their little lives to be lost in vain.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 08:15:09 pm »

On the topic of forgotten beasties, I currently have one trapped near the edge of my caverns. A humanoid composed of sand with a shell and deadly blood, who I have nicknamed Sandman. I plan to trap him in a special room that contains a special pit, have him killed via marksdwarves, then partially fill the pit with water. where I will then have a few volunteers* hop in and test the effects of said blood.

Already lost two dwarves in this endeavor, so hopefully I don't accidentally overlook some vital detail and screw the whole project up. Wouldn't want their little lives to be lost in vain.

If the stuff is deadly, find a way to flood the outside with the contaminated water. Much fun to be had there.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 08:17:33 pm »

I have a FB blob made of native platinum with a poisonous dust that makes the victim's skin, eyes, mouth and lungs rot trapped in a hole in the middle of my second cavern layer.

Not sure what to do with it.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 08:26:43 pm »

I have a FB blob made of native platinum with a poisonous dust that makes the victim's skin, eyes, mouth and lungs rot trapped in a hole in the middle of my second cavern layer.

Dig around it, and carve fortifications in the walls surrounding the pit. Dig out a gas chamber surrounding fortifications. Drop goblins in the chamber, then drop a dog or cat down the pit, onto the said FB. Watch the dust settle on the goblins, and record their slow asphyxiation.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2012, 08:36:04 pm »

That is deliciously evil.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:31 pm »

He wont dust attack creatures he can't path to. From the beasts perspective, the goblins would be collateral damage in his struggle against the puppy/kitteh/dwarven baby. Seems somewhat goblinitic. Though the goblinite might be somewhat contaminated afterwards.  ;)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 01:51:19 am »

victim's skin, eyes, mouth and lungs rot

Eyes. Remove the eyes, train super soldiers.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 05:15:15 am »

victim's skin, eyes, mouth and lungs rot

Eyes. Remove the eyes, train super soldiers.

Remove nerves too. And head.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4