Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62830 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »

Phantom Several of your arguments seem to be repeats from other people. Can you explain to me why you thought my earlier question was 'pointed and fishy-ing'?
I nearly missed this, basically it was a little too specific to be an innocent question, it fell almost under role-fishing but not quite.

@zombie urist: To drive my point home. Give a worded reason why you don't suspect either one of them for being scum, unless you are scum yourself.

Also, on your question to Phantom, an IC just said your question was role-fishy. You didn't even explain why you asked such. Your words and questions contradict themselves yet again.

His target was Dariush and you. How are you bringing Phantom into that?
I think that he's referring to Andrew's statement that:
As for who is the scummiest after Daruish? You and Phantom seem to be next in line.
The you being Urist.
I'm not sure that that's it though.
zombie urist: Were you referring to that statement or are you trying to associate me with you for some reason?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2012, 10:35:07 pm »

The double FOS was to drive the point home that I'm suspicious of him, in retrospect it was a little unnecessary, why are you asking?  It seems like a rather useless question.
My argument towards you was mostly a repeat, but I felt like I should point it out since I was the one being asked, any others are a case of saying what I was going to say before I could say it.
I'm asking because I too felt it was unnecessary. It feels like a bussing attempt. When you realized your arguments were already said, why didn't you try to provide new insight on the issue instead?

Phantom Several of your arguments seem to be repeats from other people. Can you explain to me why you thought my earlier question was 'pointed and fishy-ing'?
I nearly missed this, basically it was a little too specific to be an innocent question, it fell almost under role-fishing but not quite.
So now you're saying its not quite role-fishing. What do you really think?

I think that he's referring to Andrew's statement that:
As for who is the scummiest after Daruish? You and Phantom seem to be next in line.
The you being Urist. I'm not sure that that's it though.
zombie urist: Were you referring to that statement or are you trying to associate me with you for some reason?
Yes that was the quote I was referring to. I want to know Andrew's reasons, not associate anybody with anyone else.

@zombie urist: To drive my point home. Give a worded reason why you don't suspect either one of them for being scum, unless you are scum yourself.
Why did you attitude suddenly change?
I currently don't suspect either ICs because they have been helping and scumhunting. I'm slightly concerned that Daruish hasn't been as active.

Also, on your question to Phantom, an IC just said your question was role-fishy. You didn't even explain why you asked such. Your words and questions contradict themselves yet again.
He didn't ask me to explain. If you want an explanation, its because I felt Phantom's answer was very specific whereas Andrew's question was very open. Phantom's answer is more appropriate for a "why do you think scum NK'd Klingon" rather than the broad "What do you think about the NK."

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2012, 10:39:47 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 - zombie urist, Tiruin,
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin -
zombie urist -
Strategia -
Jim Groovester -
Dariush - Andrew425,

Not Voting - Strategia, Phantom of The Library, Jim Groovester, Dariush,

Day Ends Wednesday 9 PM Central.

Day Extended to Friday.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 02, 2012, 03:41:44 am »

Ok, many times when I asked a question you piped up and said the question was stupid. At least I was talking instead of popping in just to look active.
Talking is not enough. Asking random questions is not enough. Asking rolefishing questions or simply pointless one is enough inverted. Also, you still didn't answer why the fuck you couldn't find anything more significant to vote over than the fact that Strategia didn't vote at the end of day yesterday. Well, apart from me correcting your mistakes, but that hadrly seems to improve your case.
Everybody knows that RVS is a crapshoot to begin with so why when somebody asks an out of the box question do you rain on his parade? Because you're scum and you want the game to go your way.
I may be a baby-soul-eating jerk when I want to but ICing in BMs is not one of those times. As I already said before, I'm correcting your mistakes.
Giving reasons as for why they are the next scummiest is beneath your notice, oh all-knowing one? (er, ninja'd. Well, whatever. Maybe you'll feel more keen to answer the question this way...)

He didn't ask me to explain. If you want an explanation, its because I felt Phantom's answer was very specific whereas Andrew's question was very open. Phantom's answer is more appropriate for a "why do you think scum NK'd Klingon" rather than the broad "What do you think about the NK."
If he answered "Why do you think scum NK'd Klingon" instead of what he was supposed to answer, why did you ask him the very same question he answered, except worded differently?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 02, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »

Strategia, quit lurking.

I'm pretty curious why you made such a dramatic and severe attack against somebody yesterday, and then you basically completely petered out after you learned you were wrong. You were really hoping that attack would stick, weren't you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 02, 2012, 08:53:48 pm »

Strategia, quit lurking.

I'm pretty curious why you made such a dramatic and severe attack against somebody yesterday, and then you basically completely petered out after you learned you were wrong. You were really hoping that attack would stick, weren't you?

I was just wondering when this was going to happen.

Yes, I was hoping the attack would stick, when I still believed I had a valid point. I didn't, so I reconsidered my strategy. Then when the night lasted for the better part of a week, I got distracted and started doing other stuff (mostly Terraria with a friend), so when activity picked back up I failed to re-focus properly. (Also, I may have jumped the gun a little when joining, since I'd literally only just found out about this board and I'd only read a few pages of one or two threads. I'm not going to back out now, but I probably should've lurked the board a while longer before joining. Blame Darvi and the advertisement in his sig.) I've been meaning to re-read the whole thread again, but I haven't managed to muster the resolve. So I'm going to base this mostly off of a quick browse.

Andrew425, your reason for voting me was..... I unvoted and failed to revote in time? Any reason other than the fact that I was asleep when the day ended you decided to vote for me? (And yes, I know you unvoted me by now.)

Dariush, you haven't said a whole lot other than IC stuff. Why are you active lurking?

I'd also like to question zombie urist, but I can't formulate any good (or even bad) question right now.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2012, 11:23:57 pm »

Between internet shutting down and just regular busy-ness, I don't have time to make a proper reply tonight, I should be able to answer  the questions directed at me tomorrow afternoon.

For now, I just realized that my vote didn't carry over from the first day.  It is still on Strategia

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 03, 2012, 03:00:25 am »

Dariush, you haven't said a whole lot other than IC stuff.
...I don't even know. Maybe... how to put it more delicately... it's because I'm an IC?

I'd also like to question zombie urist, but I can't formulate any good (or even bad) question right now.
You're a nice little hypocrite, accusing me of activelurking while saying the above. What was the purpose of that sentence?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 03, 2012, 06:28:32 am »

Mod Webadict: Friday same time? As in 9pm Central right?

Phantom: Votes don't get carried over in between days, reset every end of day. From where did you think I was eluding any questioning by the way, based on your post this day?

Tiruin Why weren't you answering questions before now?  I can understand you not answering in full right now because you're busy, but what is your reason before this?

zombie urist: I suspect you very muchly. What did you think my attitude was before this and how does that help at all? Also, I'm curious to know why you aren't explaining what you mostly think based on:
He didn't ask me to explain.
You holding something else back there?

Strategia: Do I sense a bit of laziness there? Just ask him a question. You seem passive in my eye but you...rely on the fact that you're new due to the advertising? And you're partly giving up? That's what I got from the gist of your post.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 03, 2012, 09:02:13 am »

Yep. Might be half an hour to two hours off, but I'll try to keep it around 9.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 03, 2012, 11:41:27 am »

zombie urist: I suspect you very muchly. What did you think my attitude was before this and how does that help at all? Also, I'm curious to know why you aren't explaining what you mostly think based on:
He didn't ask me to explain.
You holding something else back there?
I'm mostly talking about this statement. Sounds very forceful, no? So far through the game, I've never seen you make such a statement.
Give a worded reason why you don't suspect either one of them for being scum, unless you are scum yourself.
It matters because a sudden change in demeanor is a scumtell. I explained my reasoning to my question in my earlier post to you. I took Daruish's post to me as advice to avoid asking such questions.

If he answered "Why do you think scum NK'd Klingon" instead of what he was supposed to answer, why did you ask him the very same question he answered, except worded differently?
My question tried to ask what he would have done if he were on the scum team.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2012, 01:23:18 pm »

PFP

The double FOS was to drive the point home that I'm suspicious of him, in retrospect it was a little unnecessary, why are you asking?  It seems like a rather useless question.
My argument towards you was mostly a repeat, but I felt like I should point it out since I was the one being asked, any others are a case of saying what I was going to say before I could say it.
I'm asking because I too felt it was unnecessary. It feels like a bussing attempt. When you realized your arguments were already said, why didn't you try to provide new insight on the issue instead?
Because I did not see any new insight to provide, and since it concerned me I felt it was necessary to show that I was aware of it.

So now you're saying its not quite role-fishing. What do you really think?
It doesn't quite fit the definition of role-fishing as I understand it, but it is a rather useless question, as town you can't gain any information from it, so thus it is either a useless and poorly thought-out question, or a question posed by scum trying to look town.  For the moment I think it's the former.

Phantom: Votes don't get carried over in between days, reset every end of day. From where did you think I was eluding any questioning by the way, based on your post this day?
Mostly this:
Tiruin, there's a bunch of things I want responses to from Day 1, but mostly this:
I read that and I thought that I remembered that you forgot to answer a couple questions, mostly relating to your attack on urist, I unfortunately don't have the time to track them down now, but they were Jim's so he could probably tell you which.  I didn't think especially that you were avoinding questioning, it was a more casual question, I didn't know if you were busy then too or if you just missed them, your case on urist was rather shaky, but your other actions don't look particuraly suspicious to me.

I apologize if I missed anything, I will look over this again hopefully before the day ends.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2012, 01:37:13 pm »

My question tried to ask what he would have done if he were on the scum team.
And what would be your response depending on his answer?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2012, 05:54:16 pm »

Dariush, you haven't said a whole lot other than IC stuff.
...I don't even know. Maybe... how to put it more delicately... it's because I'm an IC?

Well, yes, I realise that, obviously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you for ICing, it's just that you're a playing IC and I haven't really seen you play much.

You're a nice little hypocrite, accusing me of activelurking while saying the above. What was the purpose of that sentence?

Kind of a sub-FoS. I have some niggling suspicions at the back of my mind, quite a few actually, but whenever I try to put them in question form it slips through my fingers. Consider it along the lines of "I'm watching you, ZU". There's something I don't like about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.

Strategia: Do I sense a bit of laziness there? Just ask him a question. You seem passive in my eye but you...rely on the fact that you're new due to the advertising? And you're partly giving up? That's what I got from the gist of your post.

I couldn't think of any particular question to ask. I'm not asking for sympathy or consideration for being new, and I'm not giving up, I'm just saying why my playstyle is all over the place. And acknowledging (albeit belatedly) that Darvi's advertising worked. You know what? I'll do my best not to mention it again. I'm as tired of saying it as you are of reading it.

I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.

Oh, and please give me more reasons to suspect you. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to present a convincing argument based on them, as opposed to my previous vote.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2012, 05:59:13 pm »

Dariush, day ends today. Where's your vote going to be?

I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.

These are made up accusations. These are exactly the kind of accusations people make when they want to vote somebody but haven't paid enough attention to the game or are knowledgeable enough about their target's actions to provide any concrete evidence.

Prove each and every one, bandwagoning scum.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23