Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62790 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2012, 08:11:15 am »

StrategiaYou didn't vote at the end of the day. It's ok to mislynch people. It is not ok to not vote. That scummy behaviour
What, really? That's the entire basis for your vote that you can scrap up at the second day?
Jim You actually made it to the second day. How often does this happen? How will you play differently now that you have lived this long?
Kinda ninja'd by Jim, but this is horrific WIFOM and stupid almost-RVS question to accompany it. Don't do it.

If you were mafia, would you have thought to NK Klingon?
Don't rolefish.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 2
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:14 pm »

Phantom Do you think any of the IC's are scum? If you were mafia, would you have thought to NK Klingon?
I don't think one way or the other, I was just asking if it is a possibility, and it's one that no one seems to have considered yet. 
I really don't know if I would have NK'd Klingon if I were scum, as I said before I have no idea why they did it.

Why are you asking such pointed and fishy-ing questions?  I can't tell if you're just investigating or if you're trying to put suspicion on me or something else. 

Either way you're not doing it well.

Tiruin Why weren't you answering questions before now?  I can understand you not answering in full right now because you're busy, but what is your reason before this?

Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2012, 10:37:33 pm »

Extension. This day is taking off a little slow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: January 31, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »

Extension agreed.  There's no way we're going to get done by tomorrow night. 

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2012, 11:11:26 pm »

StrategiaYou didn't vote at the end of the day. It's ok to mislynch people. It is not ok to not vote. That scummy behaviour
What, really? That's the entire basis for your vote that you can scrap up at the second day?
Jim You actually made it to the second day. How often does this happen? How will you play differently now that you have lived this long?
Kinda ninja'd by Jim, but this is horrific WIFOM and stupid almost-RVS question to accompany it. Don't do it.

Dariush Every time you post, you criticize unfairly. If my post does nothing more then get the topics rolling then at least it's a start. All you have done thus far in the game has been to stop any sort of conversation from materializing. That is the scummiest thing to do, making it so the scum don't even have to work for a victory. I'm calling you out scum.

Phantom: What do you think about last night's kill?
Why are you asking? You're not a stranger to Beginner's Mafias, so you know that generally it's a bad idea to look into the nightkill for reads.

I haven't talked much to him and I was curious, I'm not really looking for what he says but how he says it.

Zombie Urist What is up with your nitpicking? Am I not allowed to spell off memory other then scroll through the pages seeing if I spelt everyone's name right?
I just find it annoying. Why are you being so defensive?
It's ok to mislynch people.
Is this something you really want to say?

Jim answered the second question so I will focus on the first. I think you need to figure out the difference between asking questions and being defensive, right now all you're doing is throwing up a wall accusing others, why do you respond to questions like that?
Andrew45: I have no clue why they would NK klingon, he was even asking for replacement.  It doesn't make any sense to me, maybe they didn't know who to NK and decided on the player who wouldn't draw any suspicions towards anybody, maybe they wanted WIFOM to result?  Those are the best guesses I have.

Also, why have you not answered my questions from Day 1?
I don't like how Phantom tried the bandwagon.

Please explain to me how I "tried the bandwagon", what does that even mean?  Are you trying to say that I started one or that I hopped on one?  I don't recall ever doing anything which could be mistaken for either one.

Also why are you not linking many of your quotes?
Strategia had 2 votes on him. You come out swinging with your wall of text voting for him. People give you crap for it and you back off soon after.

And I don't always link my quotes because sometimes it's easier to just copy paste and throw quote tags around then inserting the quote. Or if its too far back

Also Extend
May the mass times acceleration be with you

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2012, 12:25:38 am »

Extension
Phantom Do you think any of the IC's are scum?
Curious question. Do you have reason to think any of the ICs are scum?
It's weird you'd ask him a question about if he thinks two specific people are scum, instead of what his scumpicks are in general.
I have no reason to suspect either you or Daruish of being scum. I'm curious since in his asking, he seems to have some reason of suspecting the ICs.

zombie urist: I don't see Andrew being defensive. It's the spelling of a name.
I do. And it's not just this one incident. I just wanted him to pay more attention to spelling in the future, which only really bothers me personally. But he goes on to continue defending his actions instead of fixing something that's pretty trivial.

Why are you asking such pointed and fishy-ing questions?  I can't tell if you're just investigating or if you're trying to put suspicion on me or something else. 
Do you really feel this way or are you just repeating what Daruish said? As I said above, when you asked whether an IC could be scum it felt like you saw something scummy in their behavior.

Andrew425: Your attitude this entire game seems to be about defending yourself and criticizing anyone who picks on you. You're not only being defensive when I'm questioning you. You tend to respond to questions against you with questions back. This seems to be an attempt to deflect attention away from yourself and not in a good way. Two quick examples are here and here. Normally, asking questions isn't scummy, but you don't seem to be putting much thought into your questions and as such, I think your questions are also attempts to avoid having the spotlight on you.

I'm interested in what you think. Who do you think are the most scummy after Daruish?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2012, 06:24:05 am »

Jim Groovester: Alright, based on your answer I guess that isn't what you wanted.

Other than that (the quote), he gets irked by spelling and formatting, not helpful towards finding scum, which is present above. And he mostly messed up his voting by missing crucial parts of people's posts in the first day, being quick to respond without re-reading if what he was asking was exactly what was meant. I don't think a real townie would do that.

Still, zombie urist, ICs can be scum, why should you not suspect them for any reason? Does their being an IC give them a free town pass?

Also, he just asked you about nitpicking. What is so defensive yourself there?

Phantom of The Library: I didn't see any questions directed to me at all. If you mean by Jim's or the rest, then I see I've answered them in my posts. Unless those were not the answers they, or you wanted, quote it for me and I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

Andrew425: Now you're just hitting the IC because he is giving advice. The ICs are impartial sources of knowledge, they won't abuse their status to throw away a scumhunt on them, if they are scum.

Also, I'm wondering why exactly you posed a question like that to me, rolefishing just like zombie urist?

Extend!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2012, 06:27:34 am »

EBWOP

What is so defensive yourself there?
> Why so defensive yourself there?

Also, 504 gateway error. Almost hit the post button again.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2012, 06:54:50 am »

Dariush Every time you post, you criticize unfairly. If my post does nothing more then get the topics rolling then at least it's a start. All you have done thus far in the game has been to stop any sort of conversation from materializing. That is the scummiest thing to do, making it so the scum don't even have to work for a victory. I'm calling you out scum.
I'm an IC. My task is pointing out your (plural) mistakes for which you'll get lynched in any serious game and figuring out whether you're scum or not for making them. Besides, I fail to see how critisizing your argument (that single stupid-ass one) for Strategia vote constitute 'stopping any sort of conversation from materializing'.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2012, 05:07:52 pm »

Andrew45
Strategia had 2 votes on him. You come out swinging with your wall of text voting for him. People give you crap for it and you back off soon after.

And I don't always link my quotes because sometimes it's easier to just copy paste and throw quote tags around then inserting the quote. Or if its too far back

First of all: Strategia's votes were left over from stormtemplar and everyone almost immediately reassigned them, I was the only person voting for him. 

Second: I fully explained my reasons for attacking him, and he was the one to make the first strike.

Third: I never backed off, in case you haven't been reading my posts, I have been continually attacking him since, perhaps you're confusing me for him, as he's the one who backed off as soon as people started calling him out.

I asked you a simple question and you attacked me on three false premises, moreover you attacked and voted for Dariush when he was just doing his job.  Explain yourself, I fail to see how you're going to though.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2012, 06:36:23 pm »

I'm an IC. My task is pointing out your (plural) mistakes for which you'll get lynched in any serious game and figuring out whether you're scum or not for making them. Besides, I fail to see how critisizing your argument (that single stupid-ass one) for Strategia vote constitute 'stopping any sort of conversation from materializing'.

Ok, many times when I asked a question you piped up and said the question was stupid. At least I was talking instead of popping in just to look active.

Just making up shit as you go is not the way to go. You should ask questions that can at least be plausibly answered, not simply imitate activeness to make sure you aren't going to get lynched as a lurker.

Because your question goes along the lines of 'you can choose to lynch the first person to sign up or the last, whom will you choose?'. There is equal probability of cop claiming and scum counter-fakeclaiming and vice versa. There are far too many other things to consider to simplify the situation to such a question.

Everybody knows that RVS is a crapshoot to begin with so why when somebody asks an out of the box question do you rain on his parade? Because you're scum and you want the game to go your way.

Andrew425: Your attitude this entire game seems to be about defending yourself and criticizing anyone who picks on you. You're not only being defensive when I'm questioning you. You tend to respond to questions against you with questions back. This seems to be an attempt to deflect attention away from yourself and not in a good way. Two quick examples are here and here. Normally, asking questions isn't scummy, but you don't seem to be putting much thought into your questions and as such, I think your questions are also attempts to avoid having the spotlight on you.

I'm interested in what you think. Who do you think are the most scummy after Daruish?

Of course i'm defending myself when someone asks questions. That's the point of the game. And yes I think its a good idea to ask questions back otherwise all you get to do is try to pick apart my statements without making any of your own. As for who is the scummiest after Daruish? You and Phantom seem to be next in line.

Andrew425: Now you're just hitting the IC because he is giving advice. The ICs are impartial sources of knowledge, they won't abuse their status to throw away a scumhunt on them, if they are scum.
Also, I'm wondering why exactly you posed a question like that to me, rolefishing just like zombie urist?

I'm hitting an IC because I think he's scummy. Is that your only reason for voting me? Because you know they can be scum aswell.
It's not a rolefishing question. It's me asking you who you think is the scummiest.

As for Phantoms question, i'm going to go back and reread. I will answer your statements later
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

Of course i'm defending myself when someone asks questions. That's the point of the game. And yes I think its a good idea to ask questions back otherwise all you get to do is try to pick apart my statements without making any of your own. As for who is the scummiest after Daruish? You and Phantom seem to be next in line.
Please explain why you feel this way, it seems to me that what you're just doing is attacking and calling anyone who calls you out as scum.

As for Phantoms question, i'm going to go back and reread. I will answer your statements later
I'm looking forward to hearing you attempt to defend yourself Andrew425.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2012, 07:15:33 pm »

Still, zombie urist, ICs can be scum, why should you not suspect them for any reason? Does their being an IC give them a free town pass?
Also, he just asked you about nitpicking. What is so defensive yourself there?
I never said that ICs should never be suspected, I said that I currently do not suspect either of them of being scum.
As I mentioned earlier, Andrew's behavior is not an isolated incident. I pointed to evidence in my previous post. I do not believe I am being nitpicky in this regard.
Why did you FOS me twice?

Andrew425 I noticed that you tend to appear really angry in response to any criticism. I don't agree that the point of the game is to defend yourself. I believe it is to identify scum. As such, your behavior seems to be really scummy. I also don't quite agree with the questions you are posing. Your questions seem to be using quantity to offset their lack of quality.
I also don't like how all your responses are mostly quotes and really short. Please elaborate on why you believe me and Phantom to be scummy.

Phantom Several of your arguments seem to be repeats from other people. Can you explain to me why you thought my earlier question was 'pointed and fishy-ing'?
You also FOS'd Andrew twice. Is there a reason for doing so?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

Phantom Several of your arguments seem to be repeats from other people. Can you explain to me why you thought my earlier question was 'pointed and fishy-ing'?
You also FOS'd Andrew twice. Is there a reason for doing so?
The double FOS was to drive the point home that I'm suspicious of him, in retrospect it was a little unnecessary, why are you asking?  It seems like a rather useless question.

My argument towards you was mostly a repeat, but I felt like I should point it out since I was the one being asked, any others are a case of saying what I was going to say before I could say it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2012, 09:20:53 pm »

@zombie urist: To drive my point home. Give a worded reason why you don't suspect either one of them for being scum, unless you are scum yourself.

Also, on your question to Phantom, an IC just said your question was role-fishy. You didn't even explain why you asked such. Your words and questions contradict themselves yet again.

Andrew425 I noticed that you tend to appear really angry in response to any criticism. I don't agree that the point of the game is to defend yourself. I believe it is to identify scum. As such, your behavior seems to be really scummy. I also don't quite agree with the questions you are posing. Your questions seem to be using quantity to offset their lack of quality.
I also don't like how all your responses are mostly quotes and really short. Please elaborate on why you believe me and Phantom to be scummy.
What the...

His target was Dariush and you. How are you bringing Phantom into that?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23