Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62852 times)

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 1
« Reply #135 on: January 21, 2012, 10:39:31 am »

I'm sorry Jim I wasn't quite sure what to answer. It was more of a lets see what his reaction will be.

I didn't want to triple post when I did have my answer and I ended up falling asleep.

You've been giving the same answer for the past posts, worded differently.

And I get that you voted me...to see my reaction? Ok. No reason or fact behind that.

And, your real answer is...What exactly?

@Strategia: Should've said that question in the bounds of a BM.

Agreed, just answer the question. You say you have an answer but you didn't bother to write it out.  Even a short answer would be better than what you have now.

If you were trying to get a reaction, then you would/should have used a FOS.  It more to me like an OMGUS.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2012, 10:43:07 am »

I'l post in the morning, it's really damned late.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2012, 10:56:35 am »

I'm sorry Jim I wasn't quite sure what to answer. It was more of a lets see what his reaction will be.

I didn't want to triple post when I did have my answer and I ended up falling asleep.

You've been giving the same answer for the past posts, worded differently.

And I get that you voted me...to see my reaction? Ok. No reason or fact behind that.

And, your real answer is...What exactly?

Agreed, just answer the question. You say you have an answer but you didn't bother to write it out.  Even a short answer would be better than what you have now.

If you were trying to get a reaction, then you would/should have used a FOS.  It more to me like an OMGUS.

unvote ; Tiruin

I have answered the question.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2012, 12:51:40 pm »

Same caveats apply, it depends on the specifics of the situation.

Phantom of the Library, why are you covering for zombie urist, chainsawing people who investigate him? Protecting your scumbuddy?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 21, 2012, 01:14:26 pm »

Same caveats apply, it depends on the specifics of the situation.

Phantom of the Library, why are you covering for zombie urist, chainsawing people who investigate him? Protecting your scumbuddy?
I do not believed that I have "chainsawed" anybody who I was not already suspicious of before he even posted.  Yes, I have agreed with him several times recently, but I do not recall a single time that I have "protected" him other than the time that your predecessor accused him of lurking when he had not even logged on since an hour or two before the game started, I was already suspicious of stormtemplar at that point anyway. 

I have agreed with him a lot recently, but that is because he brought up good points that I agreed with.

Besides, if I was scum then the last thing I would want to do is defend my scum-buddy, as that would make it blaringly obvious that we were working together.

What about you Strategia?  If you were scum would you protect your scum-buddy?

I have answered the question.
Please show me your answer, I do not see it anywhere, all I see are a bunch of apologies and dodging.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 21, 2012, 01:34:25 pm »

Actually, it's commong practice to use pressure votes to get a reaction. People may not pay enough attention to a FoS to give a satisfying answer.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 21, 2012, 04:36:50 pm »

Yes, I have agreed with him several times recently, but I do not recall a single time that I have "protected" him other than the time that your predecessor accused him of lurking when he had not even logged on since an hour or two before the game started, I was already suspicious of stormtemplar at that point anyway. 

I see you hitting Tiruin and Stormtemplar for hitting Zombie Urist. You're also lashing out at Ansontan and Chaos Armor simultaneously. "Random Vote Stage" doesn't mean pick a random target with every post. Trying to get the townies to slip up, or just making it seem like you're doing more than just covering your buddy?

Besides, if I was scum then the last thing I would want to do is defend my scum-buddy, as that would make it blaringly obvious that we were working together.

You say that now.

I haven't played enough to have an idea of what I'd do in any given situation. This is Beginner's Mafia, after all. Besides, that's an awfully quick, pointed question. Did I hit a nerve? Did you hope I'd help you deflect suspicion away from yourself?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2012, 04:43:10 pm »

Unvote for now btw. Forgot to put that in there.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2012, 05:27:11 pm »

Yes, I have agreed with him several times recently, but I do not recall a single time that I have "protected" him other than the time that your predecessor accused him of lurking when he had not even logged on since an hour or two before the game started, I was already suspicious of stormtemplar at that point anyway. 

I see you hitting Tiruin and Stormtemplar for hitting Zombie Urist. You're also lashing out at Ansontan and Chaos Armor simultaneously. "Random Vote Stage" doesn't mean pick a random target with every post. Trying to get the townies to slip up, or just making it seem like you're doing more than just covering your buddy?

For one, I have never attacked ansontan, he was my first and only vote, true, but I redacted the vote a while ago and have neither pressured nor attacked him in any way shape or form since, and other than my initial questioning I never have.  You on the other hand seem to be carrying on stormtemplar's fine tradition of making attacks on false premises.

Moreover I just defended Tiruin against zombie urist, if you could please show me all the times you claim I have "covered urist" other than the time that I defended him from stormtemplar when he was making a false claim.  In fact, overall I've defended Tiruin more than urist!  Do you have a single claim that actually holds up under scrutiny?

Ah, there is one, I have been attacking Chaos Armor, but not without reason.  Nearly half his posts have been "I didn't have the time" or "Oh, sorry I missed that."  which is at the very least suspicious, as he seems to be avoiding answering as much as possible.

I haven't played enough to have an idea of what I'd do in any given situation. This is Beginner's Mafia, after all. Besides, that's an awfully quick, pointed question. Did I hit a nerve? Did you hope I'd help you deflect suspicion away from yourself?
I was simply trying to carry on the conversation and make a point.

Strategia:The fact that both you and your predecessor have made so many attacks on false premises, makes me think that you look a lot like scum.  If you aren't, then kindly explain you and your predecessor's actions to me, as I can't see any reason why someone who is town would resort to such tactics.

Once I could understand, but multiple times?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »

For one, I have never attacked ansontan, he was my first and only vote, true, but I redacted the vote a while ago and have neither pressured nor attacked him in any way shape or form since, and other than my initial questioning I never have.

I'll concede you this on the grounds of RVS. I see he can be replaced in my argument however with Andrew245, another random target of yours.

You on the other hand seem to be carrying on stormtemplar's fine tradition of making attacks on false premises.

I don't know what stormtemplar's motivations were, and my attack on you is not on false premises.

Moreover I just defended Tiruin against zombie urist, if you could please show me all the times you claim I have "covered urist" other than the time that I defended him from stormtemplar when he was making a false claim.  In fact, overall I've defended Tiruin more than urist!  Do you have a single claim that actually holds up under scrutiny?

I haven't seen you defend Tiruin once, yet I have seen you speak for zombie urist. You didn't attack stormtemplar for making the false claim, you defended his target. You threw halfhearted attacks hither and yon, even after you started going after Chaos Armor.

Strategia:The fact that both you and your predecessor have made so many attacks on false premises, makes me think that you look a lot like scum.  If you aren't, then kindly explain you and your predecessor's actions to me, as I can't see any reason why someone who is town would resort to such tactics.

Once I could understand, but multiple times?

And there's the almighty Mr. OMGUS. Like I said, I can't speak for stormtemplar, but I've only made one attack before this post. I got suspicious of you when I re-read the thread after joining, so I started pushing. It seems to be working too, you're being very defensive given that this is only my second interaction with you and I've only FoSed you so far. I can't say for sure you're not town, but you're giving me a funny feeling inside, and I'm not talking about the one where I buy you flowers and chocolate.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2012, 11:13:36 pm »

@Chaos Armor:

Also:
Actually, since this is forum mafia, you effectively have infinite time to look over each post you make to make sure what you're saying is exactly what you want to say, and also to make sure that you communicate everything clearly as well.

We have two to three whole days in RL to hash this out. Give something reasonable.

Oh, before you say what you've said before, I'm just trying to get this whole thing straight before there is a mislynch that mostly always happens on the first day.

Anyway, back on topic.

Andrew425:
Anston2000
Two people claim cop, are you more likely to believe the first one or the second one?
Just making up shit as you go is not the way to go. You should ask questions that can at least be plausibly answered, not simply imitate activeness to make sure you aren't going to get lynched as a lurker.
I think it's a valid question, why do you think it isn't?
Why are you being so careless with your posts. A preview would have made it really obvious that something was wrong with your quotes.
Why are you nitpicking?
Why are you asking questions that could well be reasonably answered by seeing them logically? You haven't made a post since Dariush answered you, and it seems that you aren't focusing any effort on anyone else and are just waiting on ansontan2000 to clear himself up. You seem pretty lax in your posts, in my opinion, care to explain why?

Mod/ICs:Didn't know that votes get carried over, do the same questions that people asked stormtemplar get directed to Strategia?

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2012, 12:02:48 am »

I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say it... I have answered your question. Unless you mean another question.

What do you mean my answer was in quotes?

Answered question.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2012, 12:04:43 am »

Ok then, why aren't you adding anything to the general conversation by the way?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2012, 12:10:07 am »

There's something that you'll need to learn very quickly, and that's it you need to answer every single question directed at you, without exception. And you better do a damn good job of answering them, or you'll end up lynched at the end of the day.

Player's don't take it too kindly when they get ignored, and they will get more and more aggressive to get the answers they want. And the thing is, that's optimal play. There's no avoiding it, because good players will not give up until they get an answer they like or they see you dead.

So when I ask you a question about why you voted someone, I want a damn fucking good answer.

Now, I'm not some needlessly harsh taskmaster here to drive you into the ground and beat you to a bloody pulp for every mistake you make. I am very forgiving to Beginners. So I'll ask you a different question instead:

Your answer here, that you were testing his reaction, is contradictory to your answer here, where you state that you voted him because he asked you a hypothetical question you couldn't answer. Why the two stories? It's not because you're scum and you don't have any idea what you're doing, is it? (As a general note, if you keep with the game, you're going to get asked lots and lots and lots of loaded questions, especially if somebody suspects you, which I do. In most cases, they're not interested in getting an answer to their loaded question. Answer the substance of the inquiry with substance.)

You have a few posts you could link to that make you think this way?

This is WIFOM. You should avoid it. It's not really something you can expect scum universally wouldn't do, so it doesn't make a very good defense.

Mod/ICs:Didn't know that votes get carried over, do the same questions that people asked stormtemplar get directed to Strategia?

You can't expect that a replacement will have answers for the player he's replacing.

There's nothing stopping you from asking, however.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2012, 05:34:13 pm »

Unvote

Why are you being so careless with your posts. A preview would have made it really obvious that something was wrong with your quotes.
Why are you nitpicking?
Andrew425 I'm being thorough. Scum aren't going to reveal themselves. You're deflecting my inquiries. Why?

@zombie urist: Phantom explains my idea on the real game. Why did you ask that question anyway? It leads nowhere to finding scum.
"Real" wasn't the correct word to use then. I asked because it makes you are trying to make yourself look like a newbie also.

I'l post in the morning, it's really damned late.
Where is it?

Chaos Armor You've been defensive this entire game. Any reason why you're not scumhunting?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 23