Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62769 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 1
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »

Andrew45 why so interested in my current strategy?, rather than a hypothetical one?  That seems a little scummy to me. 

Sorry for missing this the first time around.

I'm interested in your strategy because I want to know.

I find it interesting that a simple question makes you so edgy. Any reason why that is?

@andrew: I have now, but no, before now I have not heard of it. (Looked it up when you asked) Why do you ask?

Here I will show you an example of it
However, personally I think it's more you being new to this than actual scummy-ness, so for the moment, you're off my radar.

Do you see any other cases of it in your posts?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2012, 07:42:42 pm »

Andrew425 and stormtemplar Instead of copying and pasting what other people said into your quotes, scroll down to the post itself and press the 'insert quote' on the top right corner and delete the irrelevant parts. This makes it easier for us to see who you're responding to.

Stormtemplar you didn't acknowledge my response. Why not?

Why am I being so apologetic, because it is impolite for one to not anwer anothers question. As for why I'm not so confident in my abilities to convey thoughts, it's not a lack of confidence it's a lack of ability. I just have trouble conveying stuff, especially through writing because I cannot convey the emotions as well.
Apologizing three times is a little excessive. If it's impolite to not answer other people's questions, then why haven't you responded to other people's questions. In fact, Tiruin explicitly pointed out that, up until that point, you've only answered a question from the IC.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Sign-Ups: 7/7, 2/2, 1/1
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2012, 07:43:10 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 -
Phantom of The Library - Andrew425,
Tiruin - Dariush, zombie urist,
ansontan2000 - Phantom of The Library,
zombie urist - stormtemplar,
Chaos Armor - Jim Groovester, Tiruin,
stormtemplar - ansontan2000,
Jim Groovester -
Dariush -

Not Voting - Chaos Armor,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2012, 07:56:17 pm »

Why have you asked a question that has such a definite answer about LYLO days?

Because I'm a novice and have no idea whether my questions are any good or not and just going with it.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2012, 08:36:26 pm »

Tiruin I don't think stormtemplar ever had his vote on you. In fact, you chose him in the RVS. And if you are really thinking with every word, then why did you do a triple post instead of taking more time and putting all that into one?

zombie urist: I chose him in the RVS, yes, but that doesn't mean that it is permanently on him. You haven't been asking questions to anyone at all as far as I see.

The triple post, what is wrong with that I ask you? I realized something amiss, posted my thought on it, and then corrected it after re-reading it again.

stormtemplar: You laid a vote on him because...of inactivity? The fact that not all of us are from the same area, and are governed by timezones count here. It's early, too early to even say that he/she 'is inactive'. We have two days at most in RL to go on.

Defend yourself. You just labeled him/her a mafioso.

Easily checked by going to their profile.

Meh, I didn't actually mean it that way, I was just poking him. Should have realized that. I misphrased my question to sound like an accusation.

To be frank, I'm not afraid of answering any relevant questions at all.

But I don't get the bolded part of your post above, and what relation does it have with my choice?

Nervous because of a single vote, zombie urist?

Chaos Armor: You still haven't answered my question. Again.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:11 pm »

unvote
stormtemplar Are you purposely ignoring me?

Tiruin I don't think stormtemplar ever had his vote on you. In fact, you chose him in the RVS. And if you are really thinking with every word, then why did you do a triple post instead of taking more time and putting all that into one?
zombie urist: I chose him in the RVS, yes, but that doesn't mean that it is permanently on him. You haven't been asking questions to anyone at all as far as I see.
The triple post, what is wrong with that I ask you? I realized something amiss, posted my thought on it, and then corrected it after re-reading it again.
Nervous because of a single vote, zombie urist?

I don't understand why you're bolding this part of my post. I'm responding to the fact that you accused him of voting on you when he hasn't. There is nothing wrong with a triple post in itself, but it makes me feel you are going for quantity rather than quality. I understand that votes get thrown around in the RVS and thus am not overly concerned with his vote on me nor your vote on him. How can you say that I'm not asking questions when you just answered one of mine?

The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2012, 09:03:04 pm »

To clarify, you aren't asking questions to other people, specifically.

I don't understand why you're bolding this part of my post. I'm responding to the fact that you accused him of voting on you when he hasn't. There is nothing wrong with a triple post in itself, but it makes me feel you are going for quantity rather than quality. I understand that votes get thrown around in the RVS and thus am not overly concerned with his vote on me nor your vote on him. How can you say that I'm not asking questions when you just answered one of mine?

He did not vote for me, and I know this. I FoS'ed him because of a mistake in understanding, which was cleared.

The bolding, because that certain part of your post caught my attention, why should you dictate how his voting would go?

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2012, 09:30:23 pm »

Chaos Armor: You did answer a question, but only from the IC and not from anyone else. Nervous much, or is this your first real game?

Chaos Armor: Let's say you're scum. It is MYLO (Same amount of players in the BM). There was a claimed cop but his reasons are fallible as the votes are split between your scumminess and the cop's claim due to past mistakes but it's leaning on your side due to the belief that 'if he rolls out scum, the cop is telling the truth'.

How will you turn the tide?

Sorry about that I've been busy and keep missing it. Could you please clarify your statement as I want to make sure that what you are asking me is what you are asking me.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »

Because I'm a novice and have no idea whether my questions are any good or not and just going with it.

So what if you're a novice.

You can explain what you were hoping to gain by asking the question instead of giving an 'I'm a novice' excuse.

Sorry about that I've been busy and keep missing it. Could you please clarify your statement as I want to make sure that what you are asking me is what you are asking me.

The game's right here for you to read. You could ask him what question it was, but you could also go back through the thread and look for it yourself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2012, 11:25:36 pm »

What I meant about missing it is that I read all of the stuff then I start answering the questions then I forget to answer his.

Also I asked him to clarify the question so I know exactly what he wants.
Lurking since 2009

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2012, 12:18:13 am »

Now I get what you meant zombie urist.

You misunderstood, my last sentence was directed @Dariush as he voted for me once, then did it again.
I've been thinking with every word I type down here actually.

You had your vote on me the whole time by the way, or does double voting for one person have any effect?

Also, what exactly I want, is your answer Chaos Armor.

Your answer to that question.

Your complete answer in fact.

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 07:09:40 am »

And I want it clarified.
Lurking since 2009

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2012, 07:24:37 am »

You had your vote on me the whole time by the way, or does double voting for one person have any effect?
No, I just forgot whom I randomvoted at the start.

Why did you choose such an oddly specific question to ask CA? Why didn't you read his response and the request to clarify your question? Finally, why are you so focused on an RVS question?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2012, 08:01:58 am »

To clarify,

Five players in question, if my understanding is correct. 2 scum, 3 town = MYLO. There was a cop claim earlier that day, but due to his/her 'scummy' actions the previous days, doubt arises. Other than his investigations on who is the townie, you were found to be scum.

How would you prove him wrong and what would you do the next day if you live?

@Dariush, I did read his response and request, but I'd thought I made it very clear. His response is his own, I'm not the one to dictate what exactly I want.

This is RVS.

By focused, you mean pressing it on right? He didn't answer it in the first place and he seemed to be avoiding it and only answering the IC, which he cleared up.

And oddly specific?
For those of you who don't know what to do, games usually start with the Random Vote Stage. You should pick a target randomly, vote them, and ask them a question. The sole purpose of this is to get conversation going when there would otherwise be no reason to do that.

Apparently, Chaos Armor and stormtemplar, among the others, aren't initiating any questions. Only answers.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2012, 06:06:53 pm »

I find it interesting that a simple question makes you so edgy. Any reason why that is?

I was attempting to pressure you, as I thought that the question was a bit suspicious.  At the time I had little else to go on, so I decided to try to pressure you some.  You seem clean though so far though.

Unvote Ansontan

Chaos Armor Why have you not asked any questions?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23