Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62744 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Sign-Ups: 7/7, 2/2, 1/1
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 12:21:20 pm »

Wow, this game started and it's not even February. Who could have guessed.

Okay, so how are we going to make this work? I think for starters, everyone should post their ideas of strategy. We could either lynch someone inactive under the assumption that the mafia isn't very good, randomly lynch and hope for luck or vote no lynch and wait for some evidence to pop up. Now, someone MIGHT say something incriminating on the first day, but I doubt it, so how do you guys want to play this?
No, no, no. All wrong. All three proposals are horribly wrong. Lynch All Lurkers (the first variant) works very rarely and never on the first day. Random lynch is just plain stupid and is something that shouldn't be even thought about outside of the horrid fuckden that is Epicmafia. No lynch works only on MYLO and in any case there's absolutely nothing that can happen during the night (well, apart from the cop inspection) that can reasonably help town find scum. So yeah, Jim's proposal is the way to go (not to mention standard procedure).

Tiruin, whom from the present (apart from the ICs) would you prefer as your scumbuddy, if you were scum, and why?

Andrew, whom from the present (apart from the ICs) would you fear most as scumteam, if you were town, and why?

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 1
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 12:28:16 pm »

Ansontan: If you were a doctor, how would you decide on whom you would protect each night?
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 12:53:16 pm »

Wow, this game started and it's not even February. Who could have guessed.

Okay, so how are we going to make this work? I think for starters, everyone should post their ideas of strategy. We could either lynch someone inactive under the assumption that the mafia isn't very good, randomly lynch and hope for luck or vote no lynch and wait for some evidence to pop up. Now, someone MIGHT say something incriminating on the first day, but I doubt it, so how do you guys want to play this?
No, no, no. All wrong. All three proposals are horribly wrong. Lynch All Lurkers (the first variant) works very rarely and never on the first day. Random lynch is just plain stupid and is something that shouldn't be even thought about outside of the horrid fuckden that is Epicmafia. No lynch works only on MYLO and in any case there's absolutely nothing that can happen during the night (well, apart from the cop inspection) that can reasonably help town find scum. So yeah, Jim's proposal is the way to go (not to mention standard procedure).

Tiruin, whom from the present (apart from the ICs) would you prefer as your scumbuddy, if you were scum, and why?

Andrew, whom from the present (apart from the ICs) would you fear most as scumteam, if you were town, and why?

Huh, I guess I play mafia with very noob people, because lynch lurkers was standard first day procedure.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 01:19:40 pm »

Let's go team scum!  Steal that gold from those suckers!

Have fun everyone!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 02:00:47 pm »

Tiruin, he hoodwinked me pretty bad last game.

Phantom of The Library

I haven't seen you before, what is your plan on winning the game?

stormtemplar
You are the cop, do you invesitage lurkers or active people?
May the mass times acceleration be with you

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 02:05:31 pm »

Tiruin, he hoodwinked me pretty bad last game.

Phantom of The Library

stormtemplar
You are the cop, do you invesitage lurkers or active people?

Depends, if someone said something suspicious or much of the suspicion was on an active player, I'd investigate him, otherwise I'd stick with inactives.

I'll take twenty!

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 02:37:47 pm »

Webadict, may I be added to the replacement queue? I ask this tentatively because I am in Spain at the moment, and my availability depends on the chance that I fly home within the next few days.

EDIT: And even if it is not immediate, I can still poke in daily at about this time, under good circumstances. Sorry for editing, by the way. (I am not playing, so it is sort of a grey area.)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:50:40 pm by Flandre »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:47 pm »

Webadict, may I be added to the replacement queue? I ask this tentatively because I am in Spain at the moment, and my availability depends on the chance that I fly home within the next few days.
But... nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 03:40:24 pm »

EDIT: And even if it is not immediate, I can still poke in daily at about this time, under good circumstances. Sorry for editing, by the way. (I am not playing, so it is sort of a grey area.)

Thus far I have recorded a grand total of zero fucks given about a non-player editing posts.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 04:12:19 pm »

Thus far I have recorded a grand total of zero fucks given about a non-player editing posts.
Well, it felt rebellious when I did it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 04:57:06 pm »

Huh, I guess I play mafia with very noob people, because lynch lurkers was standard first day procedure.

So I take it you have mafia experience.

How extensive is it?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 05:23:38 pm »

So I take it you have mafia experience.

How extensive is it?

Minimal. I played part of one small game and read a few others. I understand the basics, but very little of the finer points.

I'll take twenty!

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 06:54:33 pm »

Andrew, whom from the present (apart from the ICs) would you fear most as scumteam, if you were town, and why?[/qu :'(in, he hoodwinked me pretty bad last game.

Phantom of The Library

I plan on deducing who is scum and then helping lynch them.

Andrew45 why so interested in my current strategy?, rather than a hypothetical one?  That seems a little scummy to me. 
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 08:10:05 pm »

Question, Why is everyone putting people in red? Isn't that voting to lynch someone? Why would you do that now? I know we're supposed to be aggressive, but if I voted for someone who was already voted for, couldn't the two mafia potentially vote for him and lynch a townie?

I'll take twenty!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 08:12:45 pm »

Question, Why is everyone putting people in red? Isn't that voting to lynch someone? Why would you do that now? I know we're supposed to be aggressive, but if I voted for someone who was already voted for, couldn't the two mafia potentially vote for him and lynch a townie?
In this particular game, no, as Beginner's Mafia does not have hammers. Also, it would reveal the identity of the scum to do this, so it's not usually a good idea unless they can win immediately afterward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23