Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Game Over! Mafia Win!  (Read 62778 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2012, 06:08:58 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 - zombie urist, Tiruin,
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin -
zombie urist - Strategia,
Strategia - Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library,
Jim Groovester -
Dariush - Andrew425,

Not Voting - Dariush,

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Day 2
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2012, 06:13:29 pm »

zombie urist - Strategia,

Derp, I'm a retard.

Regardless, I still want evidence for each of those accusations.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2012, 06:17:21 pm »

zombie urist: Right. Behavior change a scumtell. So would you like me to buddy up and not suspect you, or anyone else?

No.

What are you trying to play by that question? You did see blue text on your name, most of your questions on day 2 are considerably irrelevant as I see it (Analyzing NK's don't give good reads, town could reasonably guess why, scum can just lie and speculate along) and the other reasons are in my posts to you. You nervous I'm attacking you even if it wasn't a vote, well, you have it now.

Andrew425: Why I voted you, you did attack an IC for his criticism, but in the worst way possible. Scumhunt them down if you believe so much but your reason was not even considerable. Any conversation can materialize, but only if you try. That's like an excuse to why you can't attack him.

Strategia: Are you going to defend yourself other than a single post? So where was that question you are trying to formulate?

PPE{Strategia and Jim}: Jim's post let me see I missed something (Strategia's post), leading to strikethrough above.

Bandwagon? I don't see anyone else voting zombie urist.

PPE {Jim again}: Now I get that Bandwagon.

Also, my last post for today, busy in the next hours.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »

K sorry for not posting yesterday.

Andrew425, your reason for voting me was..... I unvoted and failed to revote in time? Any reason other than the fact that I was asleep when the day ended you decided to vote for me? (And yes, I know you unvoted me by now.)

No real reason, I was just poking around.

Phantom I think I was mistaken. I was thinking of Strategia.

Dariush Answering questions isn't scumhunting. Get in here and do something.

Andrew425: Why I voted you, you did attack an IC for his criticism, but in the worst way possible. Scumhunt them down if you believe so much but your reason was not even considerable. Any conversation can materialize, but only if you try. That's like an excuse to why you can't attack him.

If I think a guy is scummy i'm going to go after just about every post of his until he convinces me differently. Sure I may be reaching, but maybe i'll get lucky.

Andrew425 I noticed that you tend to appear really angry in response to any criticism. I don't agree that the point of the game is to defend yourself. I believe it is to identify scum. As such, your behavior seems to be really scummy. I also don't quite agree with the questions you are posing. Your questions seem to be using quantity to offset their lack of quality.
I also don't like how all your responses are mostly quotes and really short. Please elaborate on why you believe me and Phantom to be scummy.

Please don't take my wording as angry. It's just a game.

Though I do not understand your point of view. Yes you should be identifying scum. But if you aren't defending yourself then you aren't doing the town any favors.

I like to be succinct.

I think you're scummy because you nitpick. Instead of making any real argument you just criticize formatting issues.

As for Phantom, I think I meant Strategia who at that time hadn't responded to my criticizims
May the mass times acceleration be with you

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2012, 08:17:10 pm »

I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.
Well what are your reasons for voting for me, other than that you don't like me.
Oh, and please give me more reasons to suspect you. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to present a convincing argument based on them, as opposed to my previous vote.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. You seem to be voting me for the sake of voting, so you don't look scummy, which ironically, is very scummy.

zombie urist: Right. Behavior change a scumtell. So would you like me to buddy up and not suspect you, or anyone else?
No.
What are you trying to play by that question? You did see blue text on your name, most of your questions on day 2 are considerably irrelevant as I see it (Analyzing NK's don't give good reads, town could reasonably guess why, scum can just lie and speculate along) and the other reasons are in my posts to you. You nervous I'm attacking you even if it wasn't a vote, well, you have it now.
That is not what I mean. I don't mean behavior change as in scumhunting to not scumhunting, I mean demeanor change such as from calm to agitated, which is what seemed to happen between those posts. Also if you've been paying attention, I've pretty much dropped that line of questioning.

Andrew425, your reason for voting me was..... I unvoted and failed to revote in time? Any reason other than the fact that I was asleep when the day ended you decided to vote for me? (And yes, I know you unvoted me by now.)
No real reason, I was just poking around.
Phantom I think I was mistaken. I was thinking of Strategia.
You do realize you're responding to Strategia right?

Please don't take my wording as angry. It's just a game.
Though I do not understand your point of view. Yes you should be identifying scum. But if you aren't defending yourself then you aren't doing the town any favors.
I like to be succinct.
I think you're scummy because you nitpick. Instead of making any real argument you just criticize formatting issues.
As for Phantom, I think I meant Strategia who at that time hadn't responded to my criticizims
Your wording feels different when you're defending yourself vs when you're questioning others. If you're going to focus on proving your own innocence you'll never find the scum players.
I've only mentioned syntax errors a few times. I would consider the rest of my posts real arguments.
If you meant Strategia please give me reasons for you picking him.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2012, 11:42:51 pm »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 04, 2012, 12:33:58 am »

Looks like I messed up that time-telling due to timezones. Great...GMT +8 where I am, and I was off by a few hours.

Very strange, from where I see it Strategia already has his reasons on why he is voting you right in that paragraph, just not providing the quotes or evidence to back it up. The reasons are all there zombie urist.

Most of your posts are relaxed and filled with trivialities. Only scum can relax and be passive in their play.

Also, I'm curious to
...you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through.
Well what are your reasons for voting for me, other than that you don't like me.
Quote from: Still Strategia
Oh, and please give me more reasons to suspect you. Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to present a convincing argument based on them, as opposed to my previous vote.
I honestly can't tell if you're serious or not. You seem to be voting me for the sake of voting, so you don't look scummy, which ironically, is very scummy.
You aren't giving anything on that other than waving it off as a joke. You had all the time to see and reply to it, but instead gave replies to everyone else but that scummy looking Strategia. Stop deflecting.

You also aren't pushing your case on Andrew425. If you really believe him to be scum, why rest on just one post to do all that work?

Explain yourself and Get to the Point, Scum!

PPE: Toaster adds something to his quotes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 04, 2012, 12:34:41 am »

EBWOP

Forgot to add the zombie urist in my post. That was directed to him.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 04, 2012, 04:31:02 am »

Well, yes, I realise that, obviously. Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising you for ICing, it's just that you're a playing IC and I haven't really seen you play much.
That I may have, but I prefer lynching over scummy actions rather than stupid mistakes (both on part of the target and the voter), which seems to be the norm.
Kind of a sub-FoS. I have some niggling suspicions at the back of my mind, quite a few actually, but whenever I try to put them in question form it slips through my fingers. Consider it along the lines of "I'm watching you, ZU". There's something I don't like about him, but I couldn't quite put my finger on what.
Water, water, water. You just wrote four sentences that don't even begin making a point.

Dariush Answering questions isn't scumhunting. Get in here and do something.
Sure, just ignore 90% of the contents of my posts. At first I wasn't voting you because I thought that what you were doing was too stupid to be scummy. But since you continue pushing on with your shitridiculous case while ignoring your own hipocrisy (about the 'answering questions' part, which seems to be the only thing you are doing), I'll indulge you. Andrew.

I'm getting mixed feelings from you, zombie urist, but mostly leaning towards "bad". Quite apart from the fact that I don't like how forcefully you jump on typos and formatting errors in a Mafia game, which has no bearing on why I'm voting you now, just wanted to get that out there, you're very keen on spreading suspicion everywhere, between everyone. To me that looks like you're trying your damnedest to prevent or stave off cooperation between the townies, so that it'll be easier to get mislynches and nightkills through. And I'm getting a sneaking suspicion that you're getting help in saying exactly what you need to say. I still don't have a question, but here are my suspicions, and my vote, so no "Strategia didn't vote two nights in a row, he must be scum because he's in a European timezone" stuff this time.
Are you even reading the posts you are quoting? Strategia's reasons are quite plainly outlined up there.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXX - Night 1
« Reply #234 on: February 04, 2012, 04:35:28 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
Andrew425 - zombie urist, Dariush,
Phantom of The Library -
Tiruin -
zombie urist - Strategia, Tiruin,
Strategia - Jim Groovester, Phantom of The Library,
Jim Groovester -
Dariush - Andrew425,

Not Voting -

Day Ends Friday 9 PM Central.

There is a three-way tie. It is recommended you break it before Monday 9 PM Central.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 04, 2012, 06:47:59 pm »

There is a three-way tie. It is recommended you break it before Monday 9 PM Central.

It was nice of you to do this, but you didn't have to. Letting new players make sub-optimal decisions is perfectly fine, since it's an easy mistake to look at and teach what the correct course of action is. I don't care whether the game goes well, just that they're learning.

But webadict brings up a good point: No-lynching is a good idea only in a few select circumstances, and for a small game like this, it's much better to be lynching people than not. Lynches are the town's only recourse to deal with the scum and they're also the town's primary source of investigatory information. It's not milo, so we need to make up our minds and lynch somebody.

Derp, I'm a retard.

Immortalize it forever, why don't you.

Very strange, from where I see it Strategia already has his reasons on why he is voting you right in that paragraph, just not providing the quotes or evidence to back it up. The reasons are all there zombie urist.

You're awfully cool with Strategia's accusation, what with how vague and contentless it is. Have you actually looked at it? What kind of accusation is spreading suspicion and trying to prevent town cooperation?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2012, 01:24:59 am »

@Jim: What I got from what you said is something going along the lines of me defending him. I'm not. I was just pointing out to zombie urist what he missed in his post, though the reasons were not backed up, as Strategia hasn't posted from then on. Which is what I'm waiting for. His explanation and back-up of it which I am also curious on (which may come late as he hasn't logged on since the last post, maybe due to RL or what he said about not giving up would sound like a lie).

Though, why were you quick to name and act as if all those were a bandwagon vote and attack him as if he did it, disregarding the realization later on?

zombie urist:
You hadn't answered this.
My question tried to ask what he would have done if he were on the scum team.
And what would be your response depending on his answer?

Strategia: Where is your defense? You just voted without giving much concrete proof, except for speaking your mind.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2012, 01:59:43 am »

You're reading too much into my question. Did I ask you why you were defending Strategia? No. Why would I want answer to a question I didn't ask?

You say Strategia's reasons for voting are right there, like zombie urist is supposed to respond to them somehow. That's not really possible, given the nature of the accusations.

But really, the point I'm getting at is that a lot of your accusations against zombie urist are weak.

Most of your posts are relaxed and filled with trivialities. Only scum can relax and be passive in their play.

How do you figure? Is being relaxed a scum tell? How are all his posts filled with trivialities? Is attacking targets and defending himself against accusations trivialities? What makes you so sure scum will be relaxed? Or passive?

Though, why were you quick to name and act as if all those were a bandwagon vote and attack him as if he did it, disregarding the realization later on?

I can't parse this sentence.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2012, 03:21:15 am »

You're reading too much into my question. Did I ask you why you were defending Strategia? No. Why would I want answer to a question I didn't ask?

I can't parse this sentence.
On the first paragraph, I was giving what I thought about that question. I was taking "You're awfully cool..." as saying "You seem to be fine with just whatever he said."

On the second:
Dariush, day ends today. Where's your vote going to be?

These are made up accusations. These are exactly the kind of accusations people make when they want to vote somebody but haven't paid enough attention to the game or are knowledgeable enough about their target's actions to provide any concrete evidence.

Prove each and every one, bandwagoning scum.
Other than the realization that it wasn't a bandwagon later on, I saw this as a statement based on if he was bandwagoning (other than the fact that it[Strategia's post] had no basis to hold it up, as in links or quotes).

Which, I guess, leads to both of us wanting Strategia's reply.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2012, 06:54:28 pm »

Strategia: I too am awaiting your reply, give specific reasons as to why you think that urist is scum, and provide examples, right now all you're saying is: "Oooooh, I'm too lazy to actually look for even a single piece of something to back up any claims I might make, but I can't not vote, so I'm going to put my vote on this guy that the other guy voted for so I don't look like I'm attacking a random person, and then I'm going to put down vague reasons why I voted him, so nobody can tell that I just made them up."
We're waiting scumbag.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23