Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16

Author Topic: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!  (Read 84445 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday, dear Toady!
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2009, 01:56:34 am »

Wait wait wait...  like I said it was an early birthday present, my birthday isn't until April 17th (note the dates in the early posts of this thread).

Wow toadies B-day is three days before mine?

Anyways happy early birthday.
Toady's birthday is 8 days before mine!
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Markham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.boogatech.com
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2009, 10:50:27 am »

That cat isn't anywhere near the 'e' key. This must be a shoop.

Technically he is, since the picture appears to be flipped horizontally - look at the position of the arrow key block.

Maverick

• Bay Watcher
  • Ragle-fraggle, zip zop zoobity bop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2009, 10:57:11 am »

Nah, his head's still a row or two short.
The +green glass screen+ explodes!
The flying green glass shard hits Maverick in the head!
It is badly gashed!
Maverick cancels Learn Dwarf Fortress: Job object lost or destroyed.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 14, 2009, 02:11:01 pm »

Nah, his head's still a row or two short.

He uses dvorak, OK

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 14, 2009, 03:19:45 pm »

That cat isn't anywhere near the 'e' key. This must be a shoop.

Technically he is, since the picture appears to be flipped horizontally - look at the position of the arrow key block.

Or he's using a left hand keyboard...
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 14, 2009, 03:34:58 pm »

Do they read backwards too?   ;D

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2009, 05:00:17 am »

Devblog entry from 04/11/2009:

I got it placing a series of open layers locally now, so it seems everything is set up properly from the world down to the level of the tiles in play. Now I just need to flesh out those maps a bit and get the critters living there to feel some real progress. List updated.

Scamps fell asleep on my shoulder like a very tired parrot today.

D'Awwww
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

ShadeJS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 15, 2009, 12:46:37 pm »

The cats stay inside and the dog stays outside.  And he only bothers them if they walk up to the back door.

Really depends on the animals; The black one is technically a cat; the white one is either a dog or a horse, though this picture is from a while ago, so he's grown a little since then.

They are still great friends... somewhere I have a picture of the cat curled up on top of him. In fact he spends most of his time cowering to our old cat.

I'd say the secret is you have to introduce the puppy to the cat once the cat feels secure in it's place. At least a few months should pass.

I come from the forests of the North. If you look at the blank spot on the map on the North side of lake Huron, that's where. Even though it got freakishly cold, my dad refused to let the cat or dog in unless it got below -30 C (-22 F). The cat used to sleep on top of the dog in the doghouse when it got far enough below zero-- It was pretty cute, they were 'friends', and they even hunted together.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2009, 07:39:47 am »

"Scamps carries toys to the room he wants play in (generally where I'm at), he can open my cardboard boxes, and he has learned how to pull out the plugs of my electrical cords."

Scamps is going to be a real badass cat!  :D

Glory of Arioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2009, 12:33:38 pm »

It's fortunate to hear that Scamps has not fallen prey to the "Too Injured" bug that's been plaguing all the cats I've seen recently.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2009, 01:04:38 pm »

"Scamps carries toys to the room he wants play in (generally where I'm at), he can open my cardboard boxes, and he has learned how to pull out the plugs of my electrical cords."

This is bad.
Toady One The Great, legendary programmer, cancels job: improve DF; interupted by Scamps.

D:
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:42 pm »

He prolly has [CAN_LEARN] in his raw :P

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2009, 01:40:58 pm »

Scamps + [CAN_LEARN] = "awww, hey scamps!, Wait, what are you doing with that gun... NOooo agghahahha"

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:46 pm »

Scamps + [CAN_LEARN] = "awww, hey scamps!, Wait, what are you doing with that gun... NOooo agghahahha"

Or:
Toady one wakes up and goes to computer: "time to code", checks files "hey, I wasn't this far yesterday"...

THAT would be great. Scamps, the programming cat!

Walliard

• Bay Watcher
  • On Break
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2009, 03:37:43 pm »

Toady isn't sharing the source code with anyone, no matter how cuddly-wuddly.
Toady, how much of DF is inspired by Labyrinth? Is Armok actually David Bowie? Because that would simultaneously be disturbing and awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 16