Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Animal Caretaker  (Read 749 times)

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
Animal Caretaker
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:04:12 am »

Does anything practice this? Pen/Pasture large animal doesn't and will be done with animal caretaking set on or off

I have a suturer set only to all healthcare labours and Animal Care and he's Rusty at animal care with no job right now even though I have a ton of pastured cavies. These seem to be brought food while in cages so why doesn't animal care influence cavy-feeding at the very least

It's not necessary for pit/pond large animal either. What does Animal Care do?
Oh, someone finally died of thirst

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Animal Caretaker
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 10:06:22 am »

Short answer: Not a lot at all.

Longer answer: Supposed to be linked to caring for wounded animals, feeding them when they are unable to graze (caged) and so on. It dont work. It probably will in the future, especially when animals other than grazers will need to eat.
This is a blank sig.

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 11:12:36 am »

OK. So it might be used when they feed a caged cavy. I thought just anyone would do that

Jack was a Legomaniac. Then they treated him with Thorazine. Now all he does is watch TV

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 07:58:57 pm »

OK. So it might be used when they feed a caged cavy. I thought just anyone would do that

Nope. Just caged Dorfs. Even that's rare :P

flamoot

• Bay Watcher
  • Jack was a Legomaniac.
    • View Profile
    • ansistego
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 08:54:37 am »

I bet it did use Animal Care when they brought food to cavies in cages though. What other animals will they feed while caged on an animal stockpile, by the way? I've only seen this with cavies I think. Why should they be special that way? Is this something meant to apply to all animals later on?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 01:14:30 am »

I bet it did use Animal Care when they brought food to cavies in cages though. What other animals will they feed while caged on an animal stockpile, by the way? I've only seen this with cavies I think. Why should they be special that way? Is this something meant to apply to all animals later on?

They'll feed grazers and carnivores that don't have [NO_EAT]