Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A little confused on the Military  (Read 369 times)

Khyron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
A little confused on the Military
« on: January 06, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »

What I'd like to do:

• Set a squad so that all members of the squad train unless tired/hungry/thirsty.
  • Set a squad so that X members of the squad stay at their stationed point at all times; if someone's hungry/thirsty/tired and not enough squad members are available they wait until additional members become available to go eat/sleep/whatever. If nobody is hungry/thirsty/tired, then everybody should be at their stationed point.

But if I set a squad of 10 people to train, and choose a minimum of 5, then only 5 of my dwarves actually train, while the rest go back to being civilians and hang around my well. The wiki says that if I don't reduce the 'minimum' number then my dwarves will never eat/sleep/rest.

Is there a way to get the squad to prefer to obey the active order, beyond the minimum, instead of going back to being civilians?

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
Re: A little confused on the Military
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 06:08:35 pm »

Just set the whole squad to "active duty" with no minimum and they'll all train until tired, hungry, etc.

I don't delve into scheduling that much, so I can't help with the second issue.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

GotIt_00

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Liar
    • View Profile
Re: A little confused on the Military
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 07:34:13 pm »

I'm not sure if my suggestion will help you, but I just set the minimum to 8. That way, most of them will be training, and letting 2 off the hook doesn't compromise your efforts quite as drastically.