Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Greedy Miner! Your Settlement has been abandoned!  (Read 3335 times)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Greedy Miner! Your Settlement has been abandoned!
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 04:27:48 pm »

DF uses a sans-serif font.
It's possible to use a custom truetype font.

However, if your settlement HAD been abandoned, you wouldn't be viewing the message on the Announcements screen (with the Page 125/125), and if the message WAS on the Announcements screen, there'd be a little green arrow to the left of it. Furthermore, the message isn't lined up vertically with the "Page 125/125" at the top, and its font is different, so this is definitely fake.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 04:33:43 pm »

I stand corrected! Thank you, Quietust!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 11:24:39 pm »

I flarking love Q.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cheifn oHuurn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:05:59 pm »

Well, I stay with my original story. Any other sugestions than "shopped"?
The Swordmaster punches The Animal Caretaker in the head with her right hand, bruising the muscle, jamming the scull through the brain and tearing the brain.
The Animal Caretaker has been knocked unconscious!

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 04:10:41 pm »

Are you sure this is dwarf fortress you're playing?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 04:17:07 pm »

A modded binary?  Although I have no clue where you would have gotten it from or why anyone would bother to mod it like that.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

NecroRebel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 04:28:25 pm »

Your original story is implausible, given that all the more experienced board members, including Quietust who seems to know everything there is to know about the game, say that what you say happened can't happen. Any other evidence that you might have that might make your claims more plausible? More screenshots that don't have inconsistencies like that, a better description of the events that lead up to this occurrence, a save file, anything of that nature? Without such a thing, your behavior is akin to a less-competent troll's, and so you'll unfortunately be treated as a troll :-\
A Better Magma Pump Stack: For all your high-FPS surface-level magma installation needs!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2012, 04:57:15 pm »

More screenshots that don't have inconsistencies like that, a better description of the events that lead up to this occurrence, a save file, anything of that nature? Without such a thing, your behavior is akin to a less-competent troll's, and so you'll unfortunately be treated as a troll

Truth. I'm quite willing to be proven wrong, but otherwise......  :-\
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Esta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:41 pm »

... And then it just went to the homescreen, never saving or anything. Has anyone ever encountered something like this?

Hmm... It's not just the "Greedy Miner" message I'm confused about. Normally, it automatically saves the region after an abandon/overrun of the fort, so you can reclaim it/make another fortress. The lack of an autosave seems very unusual. If it didn't save, then he should be able to restart from the last time he saved.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2012, 09:36:26 pm »

share your save file and we should be able to get some idea as to what happened if actually see the fort. also if this can happen it obviously was not due to the circus (though i have usually quite after breaking into HFS). also it not an army as you would have been given a "YOUR strength was broken text" also that photo looked 100% fake, but that might have just been you trying to back up your story.also has any1 here ever had a fort die to reasons other than the ones I stated, and I mean EVERY DWARF DIED BEFORE YOU QUITE (though it really would not have been abandoned).also take note that such things like starvation or syndrome, or dwarfs killing each other have nothing to do with mining.
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2012, 09:38:43 pm »

We've already determined that this post is a fake, so please stop bumping it and just let it die. If you've got some sort of proof that this is real then feel free to share it, but else wise all that this is doing is bumping down legitimate questions from people who actually need the help; so please just let this thread die.

Thank you,
i2amroy
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: 1 [2]