Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Fortune Summoner  (Read 11206 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortune Summoner
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2012, 12:58:57 am »

Does anyone else like using alternate outfits for the characters? My practical side abhors it since it's eating up inventory space that could be used for useful items, but on the other hand my party doesn't look completely drab now.

Anyway, I completed all the Help Dad things:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2012, 01:10:39 am »

I dislike using cosmetic items because it just changes the character sprites, not their portraits or anything else.

Am I the only one annoyed at how the partners don't take their items with them, instead dumping them all into the backpack and letting poor Arche carry everything? I can't dump the stuff in a chest, because I usually have no idea when they'll be re-joining me.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2012, 08:33:36 am »

Ok, i'm level 5 with the best equipment I can currently buy, with a ton of venom-away and wheel slash. BRING IT!

Actually i'll probably have to go back when Sana dies at that underwater bit again...
Everybody!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »

I'm loving this game:)

Just beat the Wind Shrine.  I had to build cash to leather armor Sana first.  I still need to save up for the Iron Sword but that dang capsule game keeps draining me.

Also, after that place I fear a possible water shrine lol.

Fav part:

Merguys: "Our favorite food is MANFLESH"
Arche:  Mine's Taiyaki!  I like the bean paste"
Merguys: "...um"
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 02:06:18 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2012, 05:27:06 pm »

Wait, is this by the same people who made Chantelise? I KNEW it was familiar!

I like how the game over is all lenient and stuff. If it put me back to the title screen or something I'd go blind with madness.
Everybody!

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2012, 05:56:22 pm »

Wait, is this by the same people who made Chantelise? I KNEW it was familiar!

I like how the game over is all lenient and stuff. If it put me back to the title screen or something I'd go blind with madness.

If it were that unforgiving, I'd have rage quitted at Jasper the Douchebag ghost. Fortunately it lets you retry as much as you want penalty-free.

Unless you consider the mark on your status screen a penalty.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 12:47:57 am »

I feel like this game gets drastically easier with Stella backing up a player controlled Arche.  All you need to do is keep them away from her by blocking incoming attacks and she tears them down.  In particular this is very helpful vs the normally complete asshole Cocorats.  Fighting a cocorat solo is horrendous,  that part where Stella has to solo 2 of them basically means can you fire spell them before they hit you first?  I'd rather mothbees than those things.

Massive props to the Dev for making a palette swap fake out.  Yellow slimes having long tentacles totally surprised me :)

I find I like playing as Arche the best due to loving 2d fighters.  It feels like some Fiona Mayfield all over again :)

I just got the 2nd Crest and am endeavoring to find that Herb next.

Also am playing with it set to normal difficulty instead of the default of easy, cause hey challenge is fun.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 12:56:35 am by neotemplar »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 02:50:30 am »

I play as Arche as well. AI Arche might be better than I am, but I'd rather be swinging a sword around than standing back and spamming magic.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2012, 02:11:13 pm »

I play as Arche as well, and I think I'm actually pretty good at controlling her.

Do people consider the names of abilities to be spoilers?

Protips:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 05:24:24 pm »

The best trick I've seen so far is this:

Block, and make them come to you.
The anti lone mothbee pattern is this:  Block while it shotos at you, it will follow with a strafe attempt to sleep you, hit it twice when it does (regular slash or up slash then the power side slash), it backs off and shoots twice, then it sleep strafes, hit it twice again.

You never need to move for this.  Generally not running about at all and instead stepping between blocks will defeat most early foes.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »

You can walk slowly while still blocking, it's a real easy way of getting close to earlier enemies. Just need auto-block on.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2012, 06:36:34 pm »

You can walk slowly while still blocking, it's a real easy way of getting close to earlier enemies. Just need auto-block on.

Auto Block?  I turned that off, I don't need a crutch like that.  Similarly I do not use auto aim in other games, or auto block in 2d fighters.  I don't need or want a computer to assist me in controlling my character.

Update for me is finishing the herb cave.  I had to map the place out by hand lol.  I suspect I will need to do this for all future dungeons.

I'm gonna skip the Short Sword upgrade, too expensive and I found something slightly weaker than it.  Wood armor was worth the cost though.  As is 1 set of thick leather for Stella's solo area.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2012, 06:54:07 pm »

I kept Wood Armor for so long. I actually upgraded straight into iron armor, which is like the best lategame armor you can buy I thinks.

Having dedicated healer really does help though on saving in your armor budget. Sana though, she gets all the armors. All of them.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2012, 08:10:01 pm »

I kept Wood Armor for so long. I actually upgraded straight into iron armor, which is like the best lategame armor you can buy I thinks.

Having dedicated healer really does help though on saving in your armor budget. Sana though, she gets all the armors. All of them.

Yeah Sana helps a bunch, Stella too though if you play Arche to defend her she will tear the foe apart with fire from behind your blocks.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2012, 08:43:11 pm »

Yeah Sana helps a bunch, Stella too though if you play Arche to defend her she will tear the foe apart with fire from behind your blocks.

That works until you get to enemies that tear through your blocks, or worse yet, ignore Arche and aim for your casters. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7