Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64028 times)

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #765 on: March 03, 2012, 05:28:25 pm »

I went to visit the capital of the Kingdom of Cooperation. When I got there, I noticed that I had a few names to report that I don't recall ever seeing before, and that there was a random dead guy just lying in the keep.

So I consult legends...

Apparently, removing the maxage tags after worldgen doesn't work. The age of death must be hard-coded into their DNA or something (or this is a special case, but I doubt it).
We might have to settle for just giving humans and dwarves reaaaally long lifespans before generating. Removing the age limit prior to worldgen would prevent them from becoming necromancers, everything else can be immortal.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 03, 2012, 05:33:13 pm »

Oh dang. that aint good.

Edit: is it usual for scorching and terrifying environments to be completely devoid of life and unlife? like COMPLETELY EMPTY?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:38:57 pm by Cellmonk »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:21 pm »

It's probably too hot for anything to live there in the first place :P

Which might have something to do with the No Trade thing.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 03, 2012, 06:15:45 pm »

It's probably too hot for anything to live there in the first place :P

Which might have something to do with the No Trade thing.

Ill try to populate it with some dwarven undead. see if the raising the dead randomly thing works.

EDIT: also, this terrifying region is filled with glumprong, feathertree, etc. I thought feathertree only appeared in good regions. Kinda bizarre. and it didn't raise the skin of an animal I slaughered.

I also heard of a case were a good region raised the dead.

If anyone knows how the regional raise mechanics work, please tell me. As always the wiki tells me the opposite of what I observe. Do all evil regions raise dead? or only some?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:32:12 pm by Cellmonk »

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 03, 2012, 08:45:44 pm »

it seems i may need to wait a minute before i start my turn anyhow, huh?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: March 03, 2012, 10:30:39 pm »

Alright, I'm regenning the world with the appropriate raws. Sorry... :\

I wonder how this will affect the history...

Well, looks like it will cahnge A LOT, because I can't get that seed to generate the same world again. I'll find one that has the desired traits if I can. Sorry for the inconvenience  :-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:39:59 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 03, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

Well dang. Does the Name Seed work at least?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 04, 2012, 04:04:48 am »

As far as the region name, yes.

Ok, I've found a world that may be acceptable. Testing now.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:09:00 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: March 04, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »

Hey guys, probably we should add a rule/recommendation that not only aboveground entrance should be visible but that players should outline the borders of his fort in the every cavern he breached as well (circus included). Just in case some people decide to go spelunking.

Also, I understand it may be too late but I hope min cavern openness was set to a hight value and max passage density to something around zero, that'd make spelunking easier. Maybe even so easy that some forts would have underground entrance only (not that I was planning to do that in my fort).

Edit: oh, wait I've learned that from this thread  :o
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 05:41:54 pm by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: March 04, 2012, 09:07:44 pm »

A major job/movement rewrite, eh? Think it might be 34.04 incompatible?

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 04, 2012, 09:27:16 pm »

Possibly, though I doubt it, since Toady usually mentions those things when they come up. In any case, with the time we are taking to hammer out a world everyone can be happy with, we may just end up with 34.05 anyway.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 04, 2012, 09:44:47 pm »

Sorry that it's taking so long, but I've been an idiot thus far and corrected bugs one-at-a-time. :-[
It also didn't help that it took me 12+ hours to find a decent seed after the last major seed-breaking. I'm still using 34.03 and don't look forward to having to seed-surf yet again if it's necessary to update.

That being said, I'm currently correcting a variety of pre-generation-only issues that have suddenly become apparent to me. 5-6 hours is the best estimate of completion.

Nevermind, seed broke already. Tomorrow, then? :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:54:53 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Kofthefens

• Bay Watcher
  • Keep calm and OH GOD CAPYBARAS
    • View Profile
    • Marshland Games
« Reply #777 on: March 04, 2012, 10:37:40 pm »

Sorry that it's taking so long

We don't care. Thank you for taking it upon yourself to do this for us.
I don't care about your indigestion-- How are you is a greeting, not a question.

The epic of Îton Sákrith
The Chronicles of HammerBlaze
My website - Free games

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: March 04, 2012, 11:13:35 pm »

well said.
truly, this world would be rather devoid and boring were it not for you, good sir blank.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 04, 2012, 11:25:24 pm »

well said.
truly, this world would be rather devoid and boring were it not for you, good sir blank.

Indeed. Many thanks, Blank.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54