Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64177 times)

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #555 on: February 02, 2012, 04:46:55 pm »

Might've been asked already, but will we be starting right away with the new release, or wait a few for some bugfixes?
*insert witty signature here*

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 02, 2012, 05:46:55 pm »

Should we allow Emergency Reclaims?

Say someone's fortress falls while there's still cage traps or unfinished project areas, should we allow a Reclaim for the sole purpose of fixing things?

Obviously, this wouldn't allow anyone to go beyond their time limit.

Also, if we allow it, I think the Reclaim should be limited to fixing whatever's broke and then re-abandoning.

this might be much too time consuming, but maybe we should have a person who loads up the save after each person and looks over the fort to be sure it conforms to the rules we have set up.

thoughts?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 02, 2012, 07:08:30 pm »

Should we allow Emergency Reclaims?

Say someone's fortress falls while there's still cage traps or unfinished project areas, should we allow a Reclaim for the sole purpose of fixing things?

Obviously, this wouldn't allow anyone to go beyond their time limit.

Also, if we allow it, I think the Reclaim should be limited to fixing whatever's broke and then re-abandoning.

this might be much too time consuming, but maybe we should have a person who loads up the save after each person and looks over the fort to be sure it conforms to the rules we have set up.

thoughts?

Eh, way I see it, we might as well give each other the benefit of the doubt, because that would take FOREVER.

Though, obviously, if somebody IS caught breaking the rules, I think it should be, at least, an immediate skip of their next turn, if not a total ban - the rules aren't THAT complex.

If someone uploaded and then realized "Oh, Armok, I forgot the Cage Traps in Hallway 17 Section 42!", then, obviously, concessions can be made.

tl;dr: We should go by an honor system; if someone is caught rule-breaking, their next turn should be skipped; exceptions apply to honest mistakes if they are reported in a timely manner.
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 02, 2012, 07:21:35 pm »

NEXT TURN?!?!

there's simply no way any of us are getting 2 turns at this, dude.
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 02, 2012, 09:52:02 pm »

Well... We could yell at them and attempt to create a feeling of guilt? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 02, 2012, 10:26:01 pm »

I think an honor system is fine.  Honestly, I don't think the DF forums have a high enough troll ratio to really worry about it.  And frankly, this is DF.  A DF player should be able to handle an occasional GAME OVER, especially when they've decided to explore an abandoned fort.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 02, 2012, 10:28:42 pm »

So I am not allowed to set up a contraption to slowly flood the world with lava?
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 02, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »

So I am not allowed to set up a contraption to slowly flood the world with lava?

Only if you're the last player. ;)
/humor

Nope, since the point of this is to create a world for adventurers to adventure in.  Hopefully we'll make more progress than the last 2 attempts at this that went inactive after not too long.  The new version will help keep interest up, I think.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2012, 10:58:56 pm »

Might've been asked already, but will we be starting right away with the new release, or wait a few for some bugfixes?
For the second time in five pages, yes we are waiting for the new release.  Currently we are just testing the idea and making sure that some of the stuff that's going to be modded in will work, so we can get moving as soon as possible when the new version comes out.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 03, 2012, 12:22:39 am »

*whispers*What were we supposed to be testing with the test world forts? I didn't actually do much besides manage a fort and pass it on...*whispers*
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 03, 2012, 12:24:54 am »

*whispers*What were we supposed to be testing with the test world forts? I didn't actually do much besides manage a fort and pass it on...*whispers*
just to get an idea how tricky it would be to maintain communication as well as the actual logistics of passing saves around. not much else, really.

speaking of which, ummmmm...
whose turn IS it right now?

hehe
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 12:31:58 am by Poindexterity »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 03, 2012, 12:45:25 am »

Spish claimed the next slot, hasn't reported yet since downloading it. That was roughly 11:11 AM February 2nd, it is now about 12:35 am February 3rd. So about 13 hours ago. Plenty of time left on the clock for him.
I make Spellcrafts!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 03, 2012, 12:52:45 am »

i suck at this, and i fear if i dont step my game up before this actually gets started, i may cause the death of it.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 03, 2012, 12:58:21 am »

Well... We could yell at them and attempt to create a feeling of guilt? :P

Or just ಠ_ಠ at them a lot.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 03, 2012, 04:04:39 am »

turn list updated, and i suggest we stop taking applicants at 60, or this is gonna be officially silly.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 54