Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64200 times)

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #525 on: January 31, 2012, 12:45:34 am »

Sorry it's late. Oh, and I forgot to abandon before uploading. >.>

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5422
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 31, 2012, 03:55:05 am »

Alternatively, someone could make a clear and marked path to a Curious Underground Structure (look for an Upright Admantine Sword in your Rooms list), and the adventurer could unleash them on his own :P
And don't we have a tour guide/bookkeeper to prevent us from unknowingly wandering into hell?

Makes me sad that NPCs don't tell much information about nearby sites.

Alternatively, someone could make a clear and marked path to a Curious Underground Structure (look for an Upright Admantine Sword in your Rooms list), and the adventurer could unleash them on his own :P
And don't we have a tour guide/bookkeeper to prevent us from unknowingly wandering into hell?

This was a good idea, then the adventurer also get some goode equipment before venturing down :P
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 31, 2012, 12:06:20 pm »

Sorry it's late. Oh, and I forgot to abandon before uploading. >.>

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=5422
i dont think you are late.
wasnt the time limit midnight tonight?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:30 pm »

Nope. Midnight as in about twelve hours ago. I got it in about forty-five minutes late. :P

Anyway, who's next for the test world?
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 31, 2012, 01:04:06 pm »

I could go if there wasn't anyone else waiting on it...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 31, 2012, 01:06:10 pm »

i dont think there is
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 31, 2012, 01:40:45 pm »

yay!

I can start on it after my geology club meeting today. Assuming I find gas money to drive all the way over there...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 31, 2012, 02:21:32 pm »

I'll be taking the #5 spot if ya don't minds. You really should've genned the pocket world using the prototype map and params, would've given us much better data to work off of.

While I'm at it, I decided to do a bit more experimenting with ghosts.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Sadistic ghosts can't scare adventurers to death. But they can slow your progress to a crawl with all those nasty ailments.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Once you've entered their line of sight, not only are they completely relentless in their pursuit of ye adventurer, but they also ignore companions. Kid-friendly dungeonsmiths may wish to exorcise such fiends prior to abandoning.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 02:35:40 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 31, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

Edit: I hit Quote instead of Modify there.

Oi Blank, seems humans/elves/goblins can't appoint a chief medical officer, so no health screen for them. (though I'd like to think goblins are above such things)
And why did you replace the human 'mayor' with 'founder'? It looks pretty odd in legends for someone to be appointed founder of a city... centuries after the place was built.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:00:10 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2012, 03:35:44 pm »

Edit: I hit Quote instead of Modify there.

Oi Blank, seems humans/elves/goblins can't appoint a chief medical officer, so no health screen for them. (though I'd like to think goblins are above such things)
And why did you replace the human 'mayor' with 'founder'? It looks pretty odd in legends for someone to be appointed founder of a city... centuries after the place was built.

Damnit! That was supposed to be the replacement for expedition leader! I'll straighten it out, or maybe just stick with expedition leader? You've made me question how my decision affects legends mode...
And leaving out the chief medical officers was an aesthetic/cultural choice. Dwarves being the only civilization that officially recognizes physical medicinal practices, rather than druidic or faith/superstition-based healing. Or in the case of goblins; "Fuck the weak!"
All civilizations can of course have doctors (and I'm fairly certain they'll still do their jobs without a boss around. Maybe. Maybe you should help check up on that too?), but dwarven beaurocracy, much like modern western societies, demands a beaurocrat to regulate just about everything, especially things they can tax. The difference is that dwarves are intelligent enough to hire a DOCTOR to regulate their doctors, while we hire some dumbass that should be hanged for treason.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 03:37:51 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 31, 2012, 04:20:45 pm »

Aye, good point. The health system seems to be working fine for elves (and goblins, regrettably). Though, due to being unable to mine stone, they'd have to go to great lengths to get mechanisms for traction benches (or go the blasphemous route and buy a pick from someone).

According to one of my default worlds, group nobles normally don't even show up on legends. That includes Expedition Leaders, Mayors, and whatever the elven equivalent of those is. Not sure why it's different for your elves and humans.  Goblins are fine though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 05:51:57 pm by Spish »

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 31, 2012, 04:31:34 pm »

The difference is that dwarves are intelligent enough to hire a DOCTOR to regulate their doctors, while we hire some dumbass that should be hanged for treason.
i love you dude.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 31, 2012, 06:42:27 pm »

Elves, humans, and goblins don't appear to have many nobles in the first palce, especially any that resemble mayors.
I make Spellcrafts!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #538 on: January 31, 2012, 06:44:12 pm »

Elves, humans, and goblins don't appear to have many nobles in the first palce, especially any that resemble mayors.

Elves have a military leader, if that counts...

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 31, 2012, 07:57:50 pm »

yeah, and the goblin military leader is called the prophet of armok or something like that.
call me stupid, but i always believed armok was a dwarven god.
Am i mistaken?
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 54