Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64237 times)

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #510 on: January 30, 2012, 04:26:20 am »

Well, that's another couple of hours spent on the test world. So far so good, though there was a small invasion from the first cavern layer. A couple of trogs, crundles, and a giant rat, though my miners took care of them pretty easily.

So far I have the Project SPARTAN chamber complete, except for the statues, and I'm starting up the candy processing, but I still only have 19 dwarves and no children. I'm definitely not going to get in a decent test before passing on the world, so I'll need to make a copy of it.

Anyway, should I breach HFS for the save I'm passing along? I feel like it'd be a nice touch. :D
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2012, 10:52:04 am »

Well, that's another couple of hours spent on the test world. So far so good, though there was a small invasion from the first cavern layer. A couple of trogs, crundles, and a giant rat, though my miners took care of them pretty easily.

So far I have the Project SPARTAN chamber complete, except for the statues, and I'm starting up the candy processing, but I still only have 19 dwarves and no children. I'm definitely not going to get in a decent test before passing on the world, so I'll need to make a copy of it.

Anyway, should I breach HFS for the save I'm passing along? I feel like it'd be a nice touch. :D

No.

The whole point of this is to build up a populated world that can be explored, and for each save to leave behind an explorable or living fort/town/whatever.  Breaching HFS -> very short time to explore fort, and lots of dead adventurers.  So breaching HFS just kind of thwarts the purpose of the shared save.

Breaching it after you've passed the save on? Totally fine. But not before.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:32 pm »

Well, if you design your fort as a sort of entrance and do it well, i really see no problem with it. People like obstacles and challenges. But maybe it will affect otherforts aswell?
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2012, 12:12:47 pm »

This is specifically for the five person test world, not the main one.
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: January 30, 2012, 12:35:06 pm »

Well, if you design your fort as a sort of entrance and do it well, i really see no problem with it. People like obstacles and challenges. But maybe it will affect otherforts aswell?

It shouldn't affect other forts, no. HFS outbreaks are highly localized.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: January 30, 2012, 01:06:14 pm »

This is specifically for the five person test world, not the main one.

Sorry, my bad.  I've got no opinion then.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: January 30, 2012, 01:14:35 pm »

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #517 on: January 30, 2012, 02:12:28 pm »

Quote from: Eric Blank
- Elves don't get 20k wood in under 30 seconds anymore.

But... But why? :(

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: January 30, 2012, 03:57:53 pm »

No.

The whole point of this is to build up a populated world that can be explored, and for each save to leave behind an explorable or living fort/town/whatever.  Breaching HFS -> very short time to explore fort, and lots of dead adventurers.  So breaching HFS just kind of thwarts the purpose of the shared save.

What about those of us who want to fight the HFS? As a sort of endgame challenge.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #519 on: January 30, 2012, 04:04:19 pm »

What about those of us who want to fight the HFS? As a sort of endgame challenge.
[/quote]

You'll have to do it on an island or something. Adventurers can swim oceans right? :P

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 30, 2012, 04:12:50 pm »

Alternatively, someone could make a clear and marked path to a Curious Underground Structure (look for an Upright Admantine Sword in your Rooms list), and the adventurer could unleash them on his own :P
And don't we have a tour guide/bookkeeper to prevent us from unknowingly wandering into hell?
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 30, 2012, 04:48:45 pm »

As a matterof fact we do. We'd more or less need an army of scholars to catalogue other information about the world like regional bestiaries, though...
I make Spellcrafts!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #522 on: January 30, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »

As a matterof fact we do. We'd more or less need an army of scholars to catalogue other information about the world like regional bestiaries, though...

*cough cough*

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 30, 2012, 05:19:22 pm »

Are you guys still accepting applicants? Because I really, REALLY want in on this!
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:42 pm »

Aye, we got room all right. Whether or not you actually get a chance to play before the world ends is a different matter altogether. :P
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 54