Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64231 times)

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #495 on: January 29, 2012, 04:22:17 pm »

But still, the later you are on that list, the more interesting your fort will get as you will probably only get dwarves from previous forts. Can't wait to see Pranz show up in another fort (if i keep him alive, that is). Also, engravings and statues and other crafts will have awesome stories.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 29, 2012, 04:25:03 pm »

So, we're waiting for the new version to do this? Awesome. It'll be fun for the first few people, as they get their first real experiences of the madness of Necromancers, Vampires etc in the form of a community game... :D And what's the ruling regarding using a utility to 'embark anywhere'? Personally, I'd just build my fort in some place previously uninhabited, but I imagine embarking on a city/necromancer's tower would be amusing for some.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 29, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »

Embark anywhere would be fun as a testing tool, but if you use it on the main save (that will be passed on) you might destroy some fun stuff for others (like the necromancer towers). Try it after you have passed on your save and write a story about it, but i think it will be better if we leave the embark anywhere tool for the players that download the save.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 29, 2012, 04:36:24 pm »

Well, the rules already specify that you should never threaten the lives of historical figures (besides yuor own dwarves! hah!), so clearly embarking on necromancers' towers or somesuch nonsense would be illegal. Howerver, I don't see anything wrong with embarking in normally-innaccessible wilderness places like in the middle of mountains, or the cliffsides around mountain lakes. I'd love to do that myself, honestly.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #499 on: January 29, 2012, 04:39:46 pm »

Looking forward to the madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 29, 2012, 04:40:27 pm »

Yeah... I guess the possibility of embarking on a human city somehow glitching things up for others would be too much of a risk. Ah well, looking foward to seeing what people do! Also looking fowards to seeing what the next release does to them, what with deadly mists and syndromes and all...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 29, 2012, 04:42:04 pm »

You can embark in a place where there rains blood and magic mists are present, yes?
DF Valentine

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 29, 2012, 04:47:33 pm »

oh yes :D

oh, and I've tamed the seas and conquered the elves' overproduction of wood. All that's left to test and work on is the goblins' hatred of great axes and domesticating any form of animal, or selling them to you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:51:29 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:41 pm »

oh yes :D

oh, and I've tamed the seas and conquered the elves' overproduction of wood. All that's left to test and work on is the goblins' hatred of great axes and domesticating any form of animal, or selling them to you.
And right on time too by the look of it, devlogs lead me to believe that the new release may be within a week.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 29, 2012, 05:32:05 pm »

Goblins are pretty hardcore. Just encountered my first kobold thief, and was expecting the goblin community to run away like elvish sissies.

Instead, all 30 gobbos dogpiled the thief, killed him, butchered his body, and then one of their children made an artifact kobold bone whip out of him.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Apparently goblins react to any kind of threat by murdering it. Shouldn't that be craftgoblinship?

The relatively non-lethal nature of the kobold bone whip makes me wish humans and goblins could make whips out of leather. If only so it were possible to set up an annoying trap hallway that causes the adventurer to be constantly assaulted with whips.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 07:43:04 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 29, 2012, 07:46:40 pm »

Goblins are pretty hardcore. Just encountered my first kobold thief, and was expecting the goblin community to run away like elvish sissies.

Instead, all 30 gobbos dogpiled the thief, killed him, butchered his body, and then one of their children made an artifact kobold bone whip out of him.

Really? when I tested it the goblins would all run away as dwarves do. However, they did kick ass when I drafted the miner into a squad to deal with the ice wolves that were pursuing him. He killed two and permanently crippled the other three. They all fled in terror after that.
I make Spellcrafts!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 29, 2012, 08:10:14 pm »

Nevermind, it seems to only apply to kobold thieves. Odd, I could've sworn they were slaughtering vultures with impunity earlier. But some of them turned around and killed a few elf ambushers (not really saying much because they're elves, they lost 5 men killing 3 unarmed goblin peasants).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 05:20:30 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 29, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »

All that's left to test and work on is the goblins' hatred of great axes and domesticating any form of animal, or selling them to you.
dont worry bout it. the goblins will be fine. they can still make battle axes and those work just fine
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 29, 2012, 09:48:00 pm »

dont worry bout it. the goblins will be fine. they can still make battle axes and those work just fine
This doesn't change the fact that the goblin/human military cannot equip half the weapons they make.

Edit: I was playing around with the abandoned goblin fortress in adventure mode, and saw a violent ghost homing in on my adventurer. I decided, against better judgement, to extend a greeting to this curious interloper. To which he responded by decapitating me as soon as I got close.

That's interesting, I didn't even know ghosts could affect you in adventure mode. Someone could make a neat gimmick out of that.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:46:41 am by Spish »

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2012, 03:38:16 am »

I was playing around with the abandoned goblin fortress in adventure mode, and saw a violent ghost homing in on my adventurer. I decided, against better judgement, to extend a greeting to this curious interloper. To which he responded by decapitating me as soon as I got close.

That's interesting, I didn't even know ghosts could affect you in adventure mode. Someone could make a neat gimmick out of that.
REALLY?!?! neeto!
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 54