Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64224 times)

DwarvenScience

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Surgeon, Legendary Consoler
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2012, 03:27:35 am »

I agree with the single-world sentiment. Community games take forever anyway; it's the updates that make them fun to read and play!

I have no objection to waiting 210 days for my turn, this world is going to be awesome :D as long as there is continued interest and nobody finds a way to actually doom the whole world we could potentially have something for the bay12 history books.

The more adventuring logs and fortress overseer stories the better IMO, they help flesh out the world and provide intrigue and motivation for adventuring
Give a dwarf a fire and he is warm for the night
Light a dwarf on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2012, 03:50:44 am »

and nobody finds a way to actually doom the whole world
So tempting... can't... resist...
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2012, 05:13:01 am »

and nobody finds a way to actually doom the whole world
So tempting... can't... resist...
I wonder... with the pump... and the magma

bragos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2012, 07:23:37 am »

Sing me up as well!

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 13, 2012, 07:36:52 am »

A couple more people, and at 10 days per turn we'll have 370 days before this is finished. That more then a full year. But ifigure at least a few people will drop out or something. Is there any rule about posting once you start, So we know you're doing it?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2012, 08:02:23 am »

A couple more people, and at 10 days per turn we'll have 370 days before this is finished. That more then a full year. But ifigure at least a few people will drop out or something. Is there any rule about posting once you start, So we know you're doing it?

That doesn't factor in people who finish their turn early :|

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2012, 08:17:22 am »

370 days?

F**k I would have loved to make an adventurer slaying deathtrap assuming I can figure out the whole putting the save back up for downloads part.

heck sign me up anyway, people will probably drop out and who knows I might even remember I'm suppose to do this.  :P

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2012, 08:43:46 am »

Then, in 2013:

"Wha? I'm supposed to take up a succession game? Wait, a succession world? When did I sign up for that?

Ah yes, a year ago."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 13, 2012, 08:46:34 am »

Think of the number of patches there will probably be... :D We'll just have to see how Toady's work progresses through the year(s).
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

starshard0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 13, 2012, 08:46:40 am »

We could always shorten the turn time to 7 days if it's going to be a huge issue.

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 13, 2012, 08:50:11 am »

We could always shorten the turn time to 7 days if it's going to be a huge issue.
With my other duties, 7 days will probably not be enough to guarantee a complete fort. For me, that's probably 5-10 in-game years. As such, I still prefer the 10-day limit.
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

Pranz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 13, 2012, 10:12:30 am »

I think there was a suggestion couple of pages back about checking in when you're picking up the saves. No checkin in two days and you're skipped. I like this suggestion, anyone that keeps up with rules have other suggestions? Else i'll say we go with this one.
DF Valentine
I punched a hamsterwoman in the mouth and her teeth exploded out of his head like gory shrapnel and littered the ground. Happy Valentines Day.

Fluffkind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 13, 2012, 12:09:42 pm »

Totally signing up for this. Actually, I like entering late when there are plenty of other forts out already, think it will make for a more interesting game.

A thought: I remember something about a new economy system where it actually tracks the objects you sell as these start moving about the world, going from merchant to merchant. So what if we could come across items in caravans that previous forts dumped there. We could practically order items for future forts from a fort 50 years in the past! I'd like some GDSs for my forest embark, The mountainhomes mandate it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #268 on: January 13, 2012, 12:15:05 pm »

Totally signing up for this. Actually, I like entering late when there are plenty of other forts out already, think it will make for a more interesting game.

A thought: I remember something about a new economy system where it actually tracks the objects you sell as these start moving about the world, going from merchant to merchant. So what if we could come across items in caravans that previous forts dumped there. We could practically order items for future forts from a fort 50 years in the past! I'd like some GDSs for my forest embark, The mountainhomes mandate it.

Cue the Hannibal moment when you planned it all along. Or sell some sort of masterwork ring which has to be dumped in the nearest volcano ;p

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 13, 2012, 02:21:41 pm »

Cue the Hannibal moment when you planned it all along. Or sell some sort of masterwork ring which has to be dumped in the nearest volcano ;p

Three rings for the elven kings under the sky
Seven for the dwarf lords in their halls of stone....

That sounds fair. The elves get three and are forced to go shelterless, while we take seven and get to live in bad-ass fortresses. Though if we took those three, we'd have ten....
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 54