Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64178 times)

Veetor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #540 on: January 31, 2012, 09:37:37 pm »

Question: Cage traps and weapon traps will affect the adventurers?

Ferozstein

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes magma and dwarves for their macabre ways.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 31, 2012, 09:42:49 pm »

Yes to both. Also, avoid cage traps, as currently there's no way to escape from a cage in adventure mode.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 31, 2012, 09:48:46 pm »

Question: Cage traps and weapon traps will affect the adventurers?
If you have it set up as [ADVENTURER_TRAPS:YES] in d_init.txt; which is NO by default.
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 31, 2012, 10:19:19 pm »

Yes to both. Also, avoid cage traps, as currently there's no way to escape from a cage in adventure mode.

Honestly, I kind of feel that we should wait to start this thing with the next version - after all, it is, essentially, just us filling an adventure mode with awesome dungeons, and the next update will let us do so much more crazy shit!
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »

Honestly, I kind of feel that we should wait to start this thing with the next version - after all, it is, essentially, just us filling an adventure mode with awesome dungeons, and the next update will let us do so much more crazy shit!
We are, this is just the testing rounds to try to see what we might need to mod in when the version comes out, and just make a mini test of the idea in general to make sure the rules are going to work.
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2012, 12:53:22 am »

Actually;

DS; there should be a rule that prohibits cage traps be left anywhere within a fortress when it dies. Either don't use them or destroy them early on. That bug would kill all the fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2012, 01:58:28 am »

Savvy, here's the updated rule set.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:46 pm »

Messin' around with the new prototype. First of all, why is the save so ungodly huge? And why does it take 10 seconds to load a conversation with a random civilian? (this was also a problem on prototype XI, but here it's even worse).

There used to be human settlements on the southern coast of the island continent before you savagified over the streams, you should consider bringing em back. If only to maintain that goblin-free questing zone.

In allowing gobbos to bring all the cool pets (The Comedic Seducer has access to ogres, giant olms, giant bats, beak dogs, giant cave spiders :D to name a few), you've also opened them up to the mundane and elfy ones. Shouldn't there be a way to elaborate on their [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS] and [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS] tags while denying them things that would fall under [COMMON_DOMESTIC], [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS] and the like?
By the way, ogres only cost 1 goblinbuck :o

On that note, I'll probably have to test (or better yet someone else, having to do all this modtesting by myself is getting kinda tedious) to see if letting them have pets has any effect on their sieging habits. Like causing them to bring squads of cave crocodiles instead of trolls.

I ordered 6 logs of wood to be acquired from the giving tree, and only got 2 by the time the elf was finished. That seems a bit slow.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 11:00:27 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2012, 10:47:08 pm »

I ordered 6 logs of wood to be acquired from the giving tree, and only got 2 by the time the elf was finished. That seems a bit slow.

Somehow I envision massive elvin wood-production sweatshops.

Also: what skill does the log-production workshop use?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2012, 11:52:10 pm »

That's a lot to process...

Oh, and the reaction is dependent on the plant gatherer (herbalist) labor, and thusly trains it. Herbs for the drug gods!

And before I forget, I'll turn in the test run save in a little while. Unfortunately I accomplished absolutely nothing permanent, because the game crashed on 8-10 hours of work and I'm back to a save in year 2.

I can't think of anything important to mention besides the loss of some ☼ARCHITECTURE☼ and !!elves!!
Loved the site though. Some ungodly amount of mineral clutter and waterfall over rivers.

Alright, here it is.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:27:19 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 02, 2012, 11:11:58 am »

Ah, I most conveniently missed the part where you edited the save into your post. I'll get started on it eventually, but first, some more testing.

My dwarves made a snazzy midnight blue cloak with spines of cow bone coming out of the back, and I stockpile'd it in a small structure made entirely out of windows. I then lair'd the site, abandoned, and reclaimed. Everything was in the same place (even some raw, prepared fish), except for one thing... my awesome cloak was gone.  I further tested this by abandoning another one of my forts (one that had been annihilated and reclaimed with several artifacts), the only artifacts that were still around were the ones that I never took out of the workshops. I was unable to get my workers to move them out of the buildings, and when I deconstructed one of said workshops, the two artifacts that came out were completely invisible for some reason. Then I lair'd, abandoned and reclaimed again, and the two artifacts were gone.

So yeah, apparently any artifacts not inside buildings get poofed out of existence when you end a fortress. (or maybe the dwarves leave with them?) I think we're gonna need that Display Case mod.

3) There's unfortunately no way to divy up the animals the civs get with the elf-tag. As was the problem before adding the elf-tag, goblins wouldn't have ANY sort of animals available.

I'll change the value of ogres though. Were any of the others worth 1 or some similarly low number?
Well there's beak dogs, coming in at 26 goblinbucks. But I quite like that number, personally. I bought 30 and pastured em in the goblin-meeting-hall for fun times :D

If getting goblins to bring other amminals is so hard, how'd you get them to bring trolls in the first place?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:30:24 pm by Spish »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 02, 2012, 01:20:16 pm »

I di nothing to get them to bring trolls, and I'm not quite clear whether that's hardcoded or not anyway (though I suppose I could test...)
I make Spellcrafts!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:33 pm »

I dont know if this has been said, but if you guys want your forts to have more then two migrant waves, you should have at least one mountain.
Dwarves only settle in neutral mountains, i heard.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 02, 2012, 01:37:39 pm »

Should we allow Emergency Reclaims?

Say someone's fortress falls while there's still cage traps or unfinished project areas, should we allow a Reclaim for the sole purpose of fixing things?

Obviously, this wouldn't allow anyone to go beyond their time limit.

Also, if we allow it, I think the Reclaim should be limited to fixing whatever's broke and then re-abandoning.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 02, 2012, 01:56:56 pm »

That sounds like a good idea, yeah. It would demand some announcement, I guess.

And ye there are plenty of mountains.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 54