Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64236 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2012, 06:12:02 pm »

I asked to be put in the last at fifty-one. Why wasn't I placed?!

You were! I just haven't posted the updated list. :P

I figured it would be useless to post the list every time there was an addition.

However, I can just post the additions themselves :-\

51)   Brotato
52)   Vehudur
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Phantom of The Library

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO: SUDDEN DISAPPEARANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2012, 06:18:14 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Obtained new avatar idea.
[/quote]
*Tips fish-hat and give an exaggerated bow,*
"Glad I can be of service my friend of many faces."
Gnosis - Torn Ajar -- Text Suggestion Games.
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Terra_Inc

• Bay Watcher
  • insanity++;
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 28, 2012, 06:48:10 pm »

OK then, I'm done. But DFFD is giving me trouble right now... hold on...

EDIT: Whatever. I can't get DFFD to work right now. I've put the save on my site, just DL it from there. I'll put it on DFFD tomorrow, going to bed now.

grab the save here
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:41:23 pm by Terra_Inc »
Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal...

~HPL~

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 28, 2012, 07:49:39 pm »

I don't plan on going very far with these tests, but I have discovered a few things on the surface that could use fixing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is probably not within your modding capabilities, but what if the Giving Tree dispensed wood based on the material you built it with?

Other than that, it would be neat if gobbos could embark with beak dog pets. I'm not sure what this would affect though.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:55:35 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 28, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »

I'm considering how to get beak dogs for goblins. just letting them take wildlife from biomes they possess the same way elves do would end up being a little excessive. I'm also worried about their inability to trade trolls, but that may well be caused by the same circumstances that prevents them from bringing other animals.

I'll definitely make some of the larger weaponry available to goblin-size creatures, since they use them anyway.

And yes, the giving tree's reaction was still kinda messed up in that upload. but no there's no way for it to provide any kind of wood you desire just based on the species of log used to build the tree. You could, say, force it to duplicate a log the elf brings to the tree, though.

This communtiy game is going to be SO MUCH FUN with the new release, though. I'm still fairly apprehensive about modding anything in right now considering the brand new raws that are about to be dumped on us.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:43:24 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
  • Elifre mutters "Project A.R.M.O.K. needs dorfs..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 28, 2012, 09:50:24 pm »

EDIT: Whatever. I can't get DFFD to work right now. I've put the save on my site, just DL it from there. I'll put it on DFFD tomorrow, going to bed now.

grab the save here
Yoink.

I'll have the save ready at midnight on Tuesday, EST.

All hail the mighty Sockthulu. (Or whatever else I decide to do with this).

EDIT:

I'm probably going to do a trial run of Project SPARTAN with this, so I brought 3 turkey gobblers and 10 hens. Anyway, I embarked on the one volcano I could find, and it's pretty cool. It's like Minas Tirith, but with magma. There's iron, copper, tin, gold, silver, and zinc, but no sign of coal or flux. It has trees, though, so I don't need the coal. There's also a partial aquifer and a good bit of clay and soil, so overall a pretty good site. I'm digging my entrance at the top of the volcano, which is barely connected to the mountain at that point.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 11:09:01 pm by Elifre »
All hail the mighty Project A.R.M.O.K.!
Applejack is the worst pony, Loud Whispers.
Quote from: Elifre
Fear the mighty lungfish!
DEAR ARMOK THE TURKEYS ARE HATCHING!
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Poindexterity

• Bay Watcher
  • Listen to my album at www.oldschoolpoindexter.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 28, 2012, 11:51:39 pm »

grab the save here
what all didja wind up doing?
Life (in dwarf fortress) is a cocophany of flavours, each more succulent than the last - why not sample them all?!

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 29, 2012, 01:12:12 am »

So far so good. I finally found the first cavern layer, 155 z-levels below the surface. >.>

What's sad is it goes down to -275 for the very bottom layer, but I suppose that's what happens when you play around with mountains.

In other news, I've yet to find flux, so unless it's under the aquifer, then there isn't likely to be any until I reach the magma sea. That's a good bit further down, sadly. I'm just starting up the fortress, since I didn't really do anything until midnight to keep things fair. It's looking like the mountainhome has no leaders, but given its name, "The Knives of Law", I suspect that's for a reason. There's also some aluminum on the map, so Project SPARTAN will have a decent chance once I can get the metal industry up.

EDIT:

Found some flux in the first cavern, so there's that.

EDIT 2:

What the hell? I found another cavern 240 z levels down, but all it showed me was an enclosed 1x1x2 space. That's not a bloody cavern.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:01:37 am by Elifre »
There is no problem that cannot be solved with the liberal application of magma.
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

bucketHoolave

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 29, 2012, 02:43:50 am »

I want in!  How do i get on the list?

Oh, and this is my first post to the forums, I am a long time lurker.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 29, 2012, 03:11:47 am »

53) bucketHoolave

Well, if you're a long time lurker, you know the drill of welcoming new members.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Elifre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 29, 2012, 03:20:28 am »

I want in!  How do i get on the list?

Oh, and this is my first post to the forums, I am a long time lurker.
BURN HIM WITH MAGMA!

<.<    >.>
Sorry, what?
:D

Anyway, I've worked on the test fort for three and a half hours now, so I'm going to give it a break until tomorrow. I've started up food production and built some workshops, dug down to the magma sea, found candy, found flux, found all three cavern layers, and a bugged fourth layer (1x1 room with a roof a level up. Still don't know what's going on here. >.>), and I got a migrant wave. Nothing useful, other than the one High Master Miner who brought a pick. I also have the Project SPARTAN rooms designated, but that's something I'll work on in a bit.

The plan is to get a child or two in there with enough food and booze to last them fifteen or so years, seal it off (after giving them dogs and care packages), and then dig down to HFS somewhere near the end of my turn. I might have to get a copy of this world before abandoning just to see what happens.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:26:28 am by Elifre »
FOR !!SCIENCE!!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 29, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

I fully expect Girlinhat to try that on her turn, and then set all her dwarves to the -1 (wildlife or other unaffiliated) civ number with runesmith before turning in :D
I make Spellcrafts!

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 29, 2012, 04:00:18 pm »

What number are you guys on on the list?
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 29, 2012, 04:10:28 pm »

grab the save here
Yoink.

Sup?
...Oh hey, how the HFS did I not spot this thread earlier?! D: Damn, sign me up for a turn! By Armok, we shall reach number 55 on the list or... Or nothing, really. But we shall!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 29, 2012, 04:18:59 pm »

What number are you guys on on the list?

13? :P

Were you lookign to join too? You'd end up #55, after Yoink.

You also won't get your turn for a very, very long time. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 54