Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54

Author Topic: Got a neeto idea (want in?)  (Read 64300 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Got a neeto idea (want in?)
« Reply #360 on: January 18, 2012, 11:24:37 pm »

That sounds good.

I'm working on getting the other civs in a playable state. Kobolds were easy enough since my main uploaded mod has "cobalds" which use a very basic noble structure to get them off the ground. I just copied that and reworked some parts of it.

Working on elves now since they had the most actual nobles set up already, then humans and gobbos.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 18, 2012, 11:44:29 pm »

Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.
"Tigermen are lazy and worthless... but not MY friend, Grroawarul."

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2012, 11:44:49 am »

Oliolli, you ninja! I was about to post almost exactly the same message! :P

Double ninja-ception guys. I was going to post the exact same message :/

Nice work on your spot checks :P

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

clockout1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2012, 12:57:50 pm »

Is there an announced release date for the new version of DF yet?

And also, are we going to start right away with the new version, or wait a few releases for potential bugs to be ironed out?
*insert witty signature here*

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2012, 02:06:34 pm »

Nope. Toady probably never will. When it's done, Toady will drop a nuclear bomb shell on everyone's weak minds with a massive release which will no doubt cause many casualties on both sides of the effort.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

And also, are we going to start right away with the new version, or wait a few releases for potential bugs to be ironed out?

I think one brave soul should start right away. The rest of us will have... a little bit of time to practice while waiting for our turn.
Quote from: KodKod
Quote from: enizer
"unit list other: 248, all kobolds"
"Hunt them for sport.

The Least Dangerous Game."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2012, 06:42:44 pm »

Well, one thing's for certain: Poindexterity and Girlinhat are going to be in for a !!FUN!! time :D

Nope. Toady probably never will. When it's done, Toady will drop a nuclear bomb shell on everyone's weak minds with a massive release which will no doubt cause many casualties on both sides of the effort.

Wait, who's on the other side?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2012, 03:43:31 am »

Sorry for the double-post. Never accept second-page status!

~10th generation prototype is up. Since so little input has been provided for the landscape and biomes, they haven't really been changed. However, the save now uses vanilla raws plus the requested mods: playability of all normally-sentient races (including the normally non-sentient sasquatch and yeti) in adventure mode, and all 5 vanilla civilizations playable in fortress mode.

Everybody please download and play around with the file, and state absolutely every issue with the playability of any race or civilization in either mode!

DOWNLOAD!

And don't forget to mention any modifications you think will be necessary for the respectful adoration of this community-tailored adventuring world by the majority of the community!
I make Spellcrafts!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2012, 08:23:29 am »

Wait, who's on the other side?

Casual gamers? Or perhaps it's Toady versus the Community?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »

Dunno. Keep in mind this isn't the final world, and Perfect World doesn't have the capacity to modify good/evil alignments, probably because the good/evil-ness of a region only affects one biome. Unlike savagery which can vary immensely across that same biome (northern half of an evil ocean could be calm and the south savage.

But there ARE deserts for sure, even in the north (which is tropical.)
I make Spellcrafts!

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2012, 07:55:48 pm »

I can't embark from a Kobold civ? Are they all dead? I understand that kobolds will be less likely to starve in the next version though, so that shouldn't be a problem then.

Still testing.
Don't dwarven ladies know they're beautiful the way they are? They don't need to starve themselves to look like those elven bitches.

Cellmonk

• Bay Watcher
  • You might find it, whatever it is.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2012, 08:35:55 pm »

I can't embark from a Kobold civ? Are they all dead? I understand that kobolds will be less likely to starve in the next version though, so that shouldn't be a problem then.

Still testing.

Kobolds never survive at all in this version, because they lack farming. One can add the No_Eat tag to them before gen in order to have a healthy supply.

I don't know if toady1 is planning to fix stuff like this next release. For all the amazing features he adds, he tends to ignore certain bugs, though he always has gotten around to it eventually....

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2012, 08:47:49 pm »

Still testing.

Kobolds never survive at all in this version, because they lack farming. One can add the No_Eat tag to them before gen in order to have a healthy supply.

I don't know if toady1 is planning to fix stuff like this next release. For all the amazing features he adds, he tends to ignore certain bugs, though he always has gotten around to it eventually....

Devlog.

"I also put in some extra precautions and tweaks so that dwarves form markets properly and are more survivable in world gen. Kobolds as well."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2012, 09:37:20 pm »

Thanks for the heads up. Knew I forgot something.

Turns out there are exactly 11 kobolds left in this world, all in bandit camps. Talk about an endangered species...

I'll try to solve that issue as well as some others I've found.

Anything else blatantly obvious?
I make Spellcrafts!

ayoriceball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2012, 10:35:02 pm »

Thanks for the heads up. Knew I forgot something.

Turns out there are exactly 11 kobolds left in this world, all in bandit camps. Talk about an endangered species...

I'll try to solve that issue as well as some others I've found.

Anything else blatantly obvious?

Playing as an elf is quite strange. You can activate mining, but not embark with a pick or metal or stone... same with woodcutting- no axes to embark with. :(

Also, I cannot form a military (yet?) ! D:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 54