Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cloth a dwarfs best friend i lied i hate the stuff  (Read 635 times)

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cloth a dwarfs best friend i lied i hate the stuff
« on: January 05, 2012, 07:46:18 pm »

i am quite poor at starting up a cloth industry so i always buy and embark with several plant fiber and silk cloth usually about 5 each and then let my sheep make yarn so my moody dwarfs wont go insane and bite the heads off puppys but i am having a problem first year someone want cloth right off the bat its a secret mood as well and that only complicates things because she needs cloth but i have several of each type dose this dwof need a larger amount than i have ? whats the max of one type of material used at once 

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile
Re: Cloth a dwarfs best friend i lied i hate the stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:37 pm »

do you have wool cloth?

oh, I see it there now, I don't know for a maximum amount though
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 08:47:25 pm by Crashmaster »

obradenj

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:43:01 pm »

he went mad and is now ready to be released onto some gobs but yes i had some produced in time for her

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:39:49 pm »

Here's a quantum stockpile of full-stops/periods.

Please, use them to your hearts content.

As for your question, I've had that problem before. I believe the wiki says that the dwarf wants wool cloth, but even if I have every kind of cloth available, the dwarf won't take any. It could be a bug, but It's more likely that there's some hard to obtain and nondescript kind of cloth that the dwarf wants.
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 11:08:13 pm »

The primary material will be listed once, even if more than one piece is needed. If a dwarf wants a specific type of cloth (say, wool) they may need multiple pieces of that one type of cloth (so if you have 3 wool and a bin of plant fiber, and they absolutely must have 4 pieces of wool, the mood fails).

Also, I don't think thread can be used in moods so make sure you weave extra thread or the moody dwarves wont claim it.

Babylon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 01:41:15 pm »

Doesn't silk also show up as unspecified cloth?

Jenniretta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 02:18:32 pm »

plant fiber, silk, and wool are indistinguashable from what thwe dwarf is muttering in secretive and possessed moods, fey moods are the only one (except maybe fell moods) that will differentiate between types of cloth.