Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958742 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #8056 on: March 23, 2014, 12:36:55 am »

Here you go: http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/411/?

Sadly broken by the most recent update.

This mod is on my list of things to install, for sleeves and other stuff. http://www.nexusmods.com/xcom/mods/474/?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8057 on: March 23, 2014, 01:18:31 am »

Console gaming straight up.

Wheeeeeeee~ Yay Microsoft you're the besttttttttttttttt~
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8061 on: April 05, 2014, 01:16:16 am »

Has anyone bothered to wait after using the Ethereal device, but before attacking the temple ship?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8062 on: April 05, 2014, 01:19:09 am »

Has anyone bothered to wait after using the Ethereal device, but before attacking the temple ship?

I believe the game just continues to go in a circle.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8063 on: April 05, 2014, 01:38:09 am »

Right.. I'll experiment and see what happens then.

EDIT: well, it's a circle. A rather boring circle which you can't speed up.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:07:14 am by crazysheep »

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8064 on: April 18, 2014, 01:19:36 pm »

Bumping to note an interesting bug on the "rescue that general" council mission.
So you know how there's a soldier who is part of Van Doorn's entourage, hiding behind a car (depending on the map) midway between your squad and where Van Doorn is taking cover/hiding? This bug somehow causes this soldier to swap identities with Van Doorn:
Spoiler: bodyswap (click to show/hide)

You can end the mission immediately by sending this guy to the Skyranger. I'd suppose if he were killed, it would cause you to fail the mission too:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm not sure exactly what causes the bug, given that EW decided to crash twice while I was playing. I'd consider it irreproducible for now, so I'll hold on to the save file from this mission.

Also, a little elaboration on the boring circle mentioned in the previous post: you can't timewarp by scanning for activity in mission control, because the game assumes that you're going off to fight the good fight on the temple ship, and removes the option to scan for activity. However, time doesn't stop completely while you stay in mission control, it ticks along at about 1min/sec, so if you're patient enough you can wait things out. Events continue to happen as well - I managed to shoot down a battleship class UFO while waiting for some genemods to complete, and then ended up waiting for the injured from the battleship crash site raid to recover..

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #8065 on: April 19, 2014, 05:44:46 pm »

Yeah I've seen that bug happen in Enemy Unknown with the security guys on the museum map (the one with Thomas Hutch).  I think it happened after a crash; after a couple more soft resets I had control over the target without having gone over to him yet and all of the security detail.  Moving one of the security guys to the extraction zone caused the objectives to be marked as complete but the mission didn't end, and I had to revert to an earlier save.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #8066 on: April 28, 2014, 07:46:02 pm »

So I got this a week ago and am having fun and all. I've currently resigned to playing on the "Normal" difficulty setting, despite combat being a bit less intense, because on Classic the whole world goes panic on me before I even get my first pay check. Any tips on handling it for a beginner?

Oh, and are there any good mods out there you recommend, I'd be grateful for a pointer.
Love, scriver~

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #8067 on: April 28, 2014, 08:06:20 pm »

To manage panic, take abduction missions in the highest level panicking countries, build as many satellites as you can launch each month, make sure you're building at least one new satellite facility each month, and only launch sattelites at the end of the month, a few days before the council report, and prioritize launching over panicking red level countries over any others. Satellites will be your number one method of panic management in early game. After that, make sure you don't screw up too many missions.

As far as good mods go I've heard Long War turns XCOM into a completely rebalanced game. If you've got Enemy Unknown then there should be a working version, but there's also an EW beta mod available. I'd recommend not trying Long War without beating at least one game, and at least trying a couple games on classic. Long War is a huge change to the game, so being good with the basics makes it easier to transition to.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8068 on: April 28, 2014, 08:07:54 pm »

I heard Long War is fantastic. Better play vanilla for a while though.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8069 on: May 08, 2014, 06:07:25 am »

So looks like there's an Android version of XCOM EU out. I almost clicked the buy button immediately, but just wondering if anyone's bought it yet and what is it like?
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 625