Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958583 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #7590 on: February 03, 2014, 04:37:49 pm »

I did that mission with SHIVs, and from what I remember they did not show up.  but a sectoid that I failed to kill was just standing there, doing its idle animation during the events of the cutscene.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 03, 2014, 05:08:22 pm »

Yeah, I've done the dam mission with just robots. It just proceeds as if there was no one there.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:07 pm »

I feel like when SHIVs rescue civilians, in the place of the SHIV saying a line the civilian should yell "Now the Daleks are invading too!" and run away.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kydrasz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: February 03, 2014, 05:10:50 pm »

Already there was a moment where my colonel support shot conventional bullets out of his plasma rifle to stop her from running. That was funny.

It gets better when a sniper does it with a plasma sniper rifle.
Fall seven times, stand up eight.
Spoiler: Inspirational words (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 03, 2014, 05:13:31 pm »

I feel like when SHIVs rescue civilians, in the place of the SHIV saying a line the civilian should yell "Now the Daleks are invading too!" and run away.
Or "It's the robot uprising, run for your lives!" :)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #7595 on: February 03, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »

To clear up confusion on operation progeny, here is the rough sequence of events.

Portent (Month 2) -> Base Defense (Which is triggered by completing base assault.) -> Deluge -> The obviously connected ship mission. (I can't remember its name.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 06:11:56 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 03, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »

Yeah, I've done the dam mission with just robots. It just proceeds as if there was no one there.

So Annette bursts out of the door on her own, argues with herself, then starts running and shoots bullets out of the air to stop herself? Hilarious.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 03, 2014, 08:50:23 pm »

So I met my first sectapod today, actually three of them one right behind the other. I don't see why you guys can be freaked out by them they barely injured my teams rookie. Now when they have a sectoid commander behind along with a few cyberdisk and half a dozen drones, then they become a little annoying.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7598 on: February 03, 2014, 08:54:15 pm »

So I met my first sectapod today, actually three of them one right behind the other. I don't see why you guys can be freaked out by them they barely injured my teams rookie. Now when they have a sectoid commander behind along with a few cyberdisk and half a dozen drones, then they become a little annoying.
What difficulty were you playing on?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: February 03, 2014, 08:58:26 pm »

Is stabbymcstabstab really talking about a Mechoid, not a sectopod?  Sectopods have drones, Mechoids don't.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #7600 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:16 pm »

For confirmation McStab, this is a Sectopod, and this is a Mechtoid.

Which one of these did you see?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 03, 2014, 09:42:31 pm »

You don't even need Psi unlocked to do Progeny.
I thought you were talking about the final mission. And referring to it as "that damn mission".

You know what I think would be hilarious?
If mind-controlled aliens could rescue civilians.

Is stabbymcstabstab really talking about a Mechoid, not a sectopod?  Sectopods have drones, Mechoids don't.
And the sectopod I faced was quite a threat to my (admittedly depleted) A-Team in my cheating easy-level game.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: February 03, 2014, 09:55:12 pm »

And the sectopod I faced was quite a threat to my (admittedly depleted) A-Team in my cheating easy-level game.
Liberal application of HEAT ammo, rockets, and grenades should have helped.. :3
Also, ghost armoured alloy cannon assaults :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 03, 2014, 10:28:43 pm »

I didn't have ghost armor or alloy cannons, and I think my heavy got killed earlier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: February 03, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »

Liberal application of HEAT ammo, rockets, and grenades should have helped.. :3
Also, ghost armored alloy cannon assaults :P
That is basically what I used except my sniper was criting every lovely shoot, and I could down the the damn things in a single volley. Helps a few of my guys had more freaking health the damnable things*.

*I just had a mech get nearly crushed by one of damn things, apparently the things are immune to fire who knew.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 625