Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958588 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #6120 on: August 29, 2013, 03:44:22 am »

Polish soldiers were already in Enemy Unknown.

Nope. (unless they were NPCs but that meant they were unarmed and so pathetic even the aliens considered them to be unworthy of even wasting a shot).
http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?140326-XCOM-Nation-Recognition-Guide&highlight=flags

The closest things to Poland were Ukraine and Russia (being slavic and all).

That would actually work very well. Except that the allied turns would take forever  :P

That would depend on how big the attack is and how many comrades you have on the defense mission.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6121 on: August 29, 2013, 04:20:49 am »

Why is it so fucking hard for people to just remake shit that worked. I hate games being taken in "new directions" all the fucking time and it never working out. I'd rather have them just take the cool shit that worked and add more stuff to it rather than take my poor XCOM and try super hard to make it Mass Effect. And it's not even good at being Mass Effect, which is not a very hard thing to do because Mass Effect is so simple it's silly. I'm so sick of people fucking up super easy things. Why do they make it so hard. When we tell them "hey that shit was cool what you did with the thing and the stuff" and they just go "what like this?" and turn it on it's head and then I have to tear my hair out and be angry. Ugh.

But yeah DLC looks nice. Good interview. Super hype.

XCOM: EU is not X-Com, it's a reimagining. It was a brave move, they messed some things up, did some better. I love the XCOM EU gameplay more than the previous one... with X-Com, I'd quit playing in the middle of a bug hunt mission because of all the searching and rearming troops and that boring laser cannon reselling. With XCOM, I'd try up Ironman Classic 50+ times before I quit playing.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6122 on: August 29, 2013, 05:03:56 am »

But hang on, where is the entrance to the base? In the hangar? Or in the main room?
I think I might know a potential elevator, just right of the Situation Room is a room with a desk that has a single computer and three seats (two on one side, and a larger, singular one on the other), not to mention a briefcase, which could mean it could be a recruitment/processing room. It also has a door in the back, yet the room already has a door to the right that allows it easy access right into the main barracks, and a door left into the Situation Room, where it then goes into the main room. The door could be a way to an elevator, since the room does have a very central position.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 05:05:29 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6123 on: August 29, 2013, 05:22:46 am »

But hang on, where is the entrance to the base? In the hangar? Or in the main room?
I think I might know a potential elevator, just right of the Situation Room is a room with a desk that has a single computer and three seats (two on one side, and a larger, singular one on the other), not to mention a briefcase, which could mean it could be a recruitment/processing room. It also has a door in the back, yet the room already has a door to the right that allows it easy access right into the main barracks, and a door left into the Situation Room, where it then goes into the main room. The door could be a way to an elevator, since the room does have a very central position.
I prefer to believe that the room itself is the elevator. Recruits walk in via the 'back' door and the room slowly moves down while the final interview is in progress. Finally, the recruiter say "Okay recruit. Welcome to XCOM." And opens the door to the situation room where videos of alium battles and shit are playing and people are marching by in mech suits with robotanks following them and psychic soldiers are engaged in mind duels over who will pick up tomorrow's breakfast.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6124 on: August 29, 2013, 05:35:38 am »

I prefer to believe that the room itself is the elevator. Recruits walk in via the 'back' door and the room slowly moves down while the final interview is in progress. Finally, the recruiter say "Okay recruit. Welcome to XCOM." And opens the door to the situation room where videos of alium battles and shit are playing and people are marching by in mech suits with robotanks following them and psychic soldiers are engaged in mind duels over who will pick up tomorrow's breakfast.
And so, the first scene of the upcoming XCOM film has been planned out. Now all we need to do is find Jason Statham.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6125 on: August 29, 2013, 06:00:13 am »

I think they would be able to afford a real actor, someone with more emotional range - like a rock for instance.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6126 on: August 29, 2013, 06:19:28 am »

I think they would be able to afford a real actor, someone with more emotional range - like a rock for instance.
You insult the man.

Just look at him, he's pissed.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6127 on: August 29, 2013, 06:22:13 am »

psychic soldiers are engaged in mind duels over who will pick up tomorrow's breakfast.

For two months now, the soldiers of Xcom have not decided what to eat for breakfast, they have simply known what they will eat.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6128 on: August 29, 2013, 06:24:11 am »

psychic soldiers are engaged in mind duels over who will pick up tomorrow's breakfast.

For two months now, the soldiers of Xcom have not decided what to eat for breakfast, they have simply known what they will eat.
In other, unrelated news, the sale of Froot Loops has been quadrupled over the last few months.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6129 on: August 29, 2013, 06:25:19 am »

And so, the first scene of the upcoming XCOM film has been planned out. Now all we need to do is find Jason Statham.
Hey we could sign Ben Affleck for it

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6130 on: August 29, 2013, 06:26:52 am »

In other, unrelated news, the sale of Froot Loops has been quadrupled over the last few months.
And, while the TV keeps changing channel, no-one has seen the remote for at least three weeks.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6131 on: August 29, 2013, 06:29:09 am »

Hey we could sign Ben Affleck for it
Don't go there. Ben Affleck is an accomplished actor who has starred in many good roles.

What we need for an X-Com movie is someone from the B-Movie industry.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6132 on: August 29, 2013, 07:10:10 am »

And, while the TV keeps changing channel, no-one has seen the remote for at least three weeks.
Not to mention Bradford's pants falling down at the worst times, despite him tying them up really tight with several belts.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6133 on: August 29, 2013, 07:25:02 am »

Not to mention Bradford's pants falling down at the worst times, despite him tying them up really tight with several belts.
Well, he thinks they are belts.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6134 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:10 am »

Mechtoids, Ho!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 407 408 [409] 410 411 ... 625