Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 958582 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #5565 on: February 01, 2013, 09:14:32 pm »

Or he was off away from the truck at the time and the ship landed on him
It's FEF, not FEOF

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: February 01, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »

Damn it, i want this SO much, i hope this has a special on steam so i can buy it

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #5567 on: February 01, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

I should mention, whilst I was looking at the truck, I noticed a mouse crawling by (The UFO crashes are fairly populated by small animals.). Then an owl proceeded to fly down and pin the mouse down before flying off with it. The fact that they bothered programming this . . . even if the animations for the animals are a bit jarring.

Also, on my first play-though of the game, I assaulted a ship that, according the the Hyperwave Beacon, was harvesting 'live' specimens. So I decided to pay attention when I got there, and saw that there were deer corpses and organs everywhere, something I never really noticed beforehand.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:57:48 pm by Mageziya »
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5568 on: February 01, 2013, 10:06:11 pm »

I should mention, whilst I was looking at the truck, I noticed a mouse crawling by (The UFO crashes are fairly populated by small animals.). Then an owl proceeded to fly down and pin the mouse down before flying off with it. The fact that they bothered programming this . . . even if the animations for the animals are a bit jarring.

Also, on my first play-though of the game, I assaulted a ship that, according the the Hyperwave Beacon, was harvesting 'live' specimens. So I decided to pay attention when I got there, and saw that there were deer corpses and organs everywhere, something I never really noticed beforehand.

I guess The Dev Team Thinks of Everything, huh?
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: February 01, 2013, 10:07:16 pm »

Shame on you, trying to suck people into that particular Black Hole of Wasted Time :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #5570 on: February 02, 2013, 08:06:10 am »

Shame on you, trying to suck people into that particular Black Hole of Wasted Time :P

Hey, your choice if you click the link. Everyone knows that TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5571 on: February 02, 2013, 08:18:07 am »

Hey, your choice if you click the link. Everyone knows that TV Tropes Will Ruin Your Life.

Linking TV tropes is getting lazier and lazier.

Originally it was used just to essentially explain concepts without needing to write it out. Now it is just "TVtropes link! Yep that is my comment alright".

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5572 on: February 02, 2013, 10:45:13 am »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #5573 on: February 02, 2013, 12:13:08 pm »

I guess The Dev Team Thinks of Everything, huh?
I clicked it.. Damn it I clicked the link! Four hours down the drain and I never finished uploading my daily video. Sonofabitch.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5574 on: February 02, 2013, 12:16:14 pm »

Originally it was used just to essentially explain concepts without needing to write it out. Now it is just "TVtropes link! Yep that is my comment alright".
Quit being one of these, why don't you?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5575 on: February 02, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »

Every tvtropes post is terrible.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5576 on: February 10, 2013, 02:50:48 am »

Just played this for the first time, joined by 2 friends as a co-op Ironman run on Classic difficulty. Let me tell you a little story about a man named Humberto.

Born in a small town in Argentina, Humberto Castillo had the build of a linebacker, and a heart of gold. The lone survivor of first contact with the aliens, he went on to become a Heavy operative, and the star of the X-Com program. When X-Com shot down their first UFO, he lead the charge on the ground. When terror struck the streets of Germany, he held his team together long enough to get the job done. When the council needed a VIP extracted from a ravaged city, and when everyone who deployed with him was dead or dying, Humberto stood his ground, squared off against 4 Sectoids and 2 Thin Men, and won, carrying critically wounded Squaddie Flores back to safety. Though wounded on countless missions, Humberto "The Man" never asked for medical attention in the field, always saving it for the rookies. When he wasn't recovering from grievous wounds that would have killed a lesser man, Humberto deployed on every mission throughout the lifetime of the X-Com project.

Months after first contact, with satellites being shot down, Asia falling to Chrysalids, and humanity rapidly losing ground, things were looking grim. The X-Com project was suffering in both funding and manpower, and had resorted to selling their cutting-edge technology and alien salvage just to bring in enough fresh recruits to fight. Only a few parts of South America, Africa, and Europe remained outside a state of mass hysteria. Every other veteran operative on the X-Com project, from the most elite sniper to the greenest medic, had died as the cities of the world fell... all but Humberto.

It was there, in the ruined streets of his beloved Argentina, that Humberto lead humanity's final stand against the aliens. His squad were pinned down in a warehouse by Floaters, who were firing on anyone who emerged from the building. With two of his rookies already gunned down, he ran out into a parking lot in a desperate move, and against impossible odds cleared the skies long enough to let the rookies escape the warehouse, and make a break for the transport. Over-exposed, 3 hulking Mutons charged across the parking lot at Humberto, but rather than retreat with his rookies he met them in battle. Sustaining heavy fire, he still managed to fire his single-shot rocket launcher to demolish a car, and the Muton hiding behind it. A few rounds of concentrated LMG fire took out the second, but it was a lucky shot from the third Muton that finally ended Humberto's life, and with it the X-Com project.

Though what remained of humanity's legacy was crumbling down around them, those three rookies Humberto gave his life to save held their ground against the invasion... and held it to the very last. It's what Humberto would have done.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 02:56:23 am by Solifuge »

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #5577 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:49 pm »

Hold the phone.

What co-op?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Brotato

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Destroyer of Threads!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5578 on: February 10, 2013, 11:40:22 pm »

Just played this for the first time, joined by 2 friends as a co-op...

Wait, what?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where people will hold a logical discussion about why dwarves are putting on clothes.
OK, I have to reload the save.
There was a bit of a problem regarding flashfreezing, a ballistae, and a barrel of dwarven ale. Gonna fix it up.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5579 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:51 pm »

The secret co-op DLC we gave to everybody. Everybody EXCEPT GRAKELIN AND BROTATO, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 370 371 [372] 373 374 ... 625