Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 959607 times)

Carcanken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #4710 on: October 30, 2012, 09:27:57 pm »

Chrysalids are EXTREMELY ANNOYING.

Just instagibbed one of my best soldiers in titan armor. Guess thats what I get for running into 2 packs of 3 Chrysalids at once.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: October 30, 2012, 10:05:28 pm »

Just instagibbed one of my best soldiers in titan armor. Guess thats what I get for running into 2 packs of 3 Chrysalids at once.

That is... impossible.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: October 30, 2012, 10:13:35 pm »

That is... impossible.

Well, if he triggered 2x3=6 Chryssalids at the same time, it's entirely possible that 'instagibbed' can be interpreted as 'died before taking another turn'.

1 Chryssalid can't kill a Titan Armour soldier in one hit... but 6 Chryssalids, one hit each, sure could.  ;)

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: October 31, 2012, 05:06:04 am »

Or playing with second wave options?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: October 31, 2012, 09:53:47 am »

Or playing with second wave options?
I don't think any of the second wave options can do that, unless there's an option that changes the Chrysalid's 6 damage to 30 or something.

In any case, he probably meant he got gangbanged.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:06 am »

I thought chryssalids did 10 damage? Either way, titan armour adds 10 hp, so even 10 damage wouldn't insta-kill someone in titan armour, unless chryssalids can crit.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: October 31, 2012, 10:21:49 am »

Damage Roulette probably effects that if its on, but I don't know by how much. I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up as 1-19 damage or something crazy like that, though.

I think 19 damage could kill a corporal in titan? Maybe with not created equal on? (I'm pretty sure that can lower health...)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: October 31, 2012, 11:06:35 am »

There is also the one that makes any flank an automatic crit, which would make melee units a lot worse since they usually flank you when they attack.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4718 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:00 pm »

I thought chryssalids did 10 damage? Either way, titan armour adds 10 hp, so even 10 damage wouldn't insta-kill someone in titan armour, unless chryssalids can crit.
Not too sure. I normally see them doing 6, even in MP.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: October 31, 2012, 06:17:58 pm »

Not too sure. I normally see them doing 6, even in MP.

Might be a classic/normal thing? I know some aliens get higher HP in classic (mutons get 10 instead of 8 ), so more damage for other aliens wouldn't be terribly far-fetched.

*Silfurdreki rummages around the internet...

Huh, turns out they do get a damage bonus in classic, but only to 8 damage. Must have been a crit with that 10% crit chance they also get that killed my 10 HP guy.

Edit: removed accidental 8)
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: October 31, 2012, 06:35:36 pm »

It's also possible to just uncheck the smileys option in the
  • other options

menu before posting.

Also, Sniper + (imp.)SCOPE + Squadsight + DGG + Archangel suit + Nice, open map.  Just sayin'.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: November 01, 2012, 12:59:08 pm »

In good news, XCom: Enemy Unknown is officially a commercial success! So we should expect lots of add-ons and hopefully some expansions and sequels down the road. :)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: November 01, 2012, 03:26:44 pm »

I just beat it.  Classic, non-ironman.  If I'm feeling up to it I might try an Ironman run, I just wanted to actually get through the game which wasn't going to happen if I kept having to restart.

Shoes...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: November 01, 2012, 03:48:18 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:10 pm »

I like how they explain how each *alien race* came into life etc, and man... that realy show up how human react too haha, poke me ill exterminate you. They poke the human race with abduction and we kicked their arses, in real life the same would happen... exept we would loose because human race as a whole is a big stupid bully with *illusion of grandeur* thinking they are better than anything....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 625