Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 960196 times)

krisslanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #4290 on: October 22, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »

Maybe it's redundant since I linked to my old post, but yeah: You can enable armor colors, but not armor decals, helmets or Guile Hair. Honestly armor colors are by far the most important of those there; it really does help you identify your guys and, y'know, it's cool.

Mind you still kinda wished they gave you more color control anyway. The fact that you can only chose between bright red and bright red... kinda doesn't help the feeling of the game.
Eh wot? There's like 32 colors or something. It's not a color wheel but it's not bad either.

The Guile Hair was an entirely separate bonus from the deco pack I think.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: October 22, 2012, 08:57:23 pm »

Yeah but the problem is that most of those colors Sensai are "Toy colors" more fit for Warhammer 40,000 then Xcom.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: October 22, 2012, 08:59:12 pm »

Yeah but the problem is that most of those colors Sensai are "Toy colors" more fit for Warhammer 40,000 then Xcom.

Well, if you don't want those colours why don't you use the realistic default colors :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: October 22, 2012, 09:05:55 pm »

Well, if you don't want those colours why don't you use the realistic default colors :P

I do silly

I only use muted colors.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: October 22, 2012, 09:08:40 pm »

Welp, I don't have a "XComGame.ini". I have an XComGame.int, but I don't think its the same thing.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: October 22, 2012, 09:48:53 pm »

So i just realised that this UFO was *special* but in what way i have no clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C-_P8v25E#t=35m55s

Anybody ever encountered a UFO like that?

In french he says "We found a new contact emitting strange signal, like if he were looking(searching) for something.

and man... he RAPED my interceptor as you will see ( im playing impossible btw )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: October 22, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

It could be a Satalite destroying UFO

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: October 22, 2012, 09:52:33 pm »

Ahhh yeah maybe thats what he is *searching* but man.... i didnt even assault the base and i get that battleship sized UFO attacking satelites?

I never had a UFO shooting down one of my satelitte yet, can anyone confirm its a sat killer UFO? ( still didnt assault the base yet got stuck with some RL stuff to do )
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: October 23, 2012, 03:17:11 am »

I thought the sat killers only come up if
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

actually that's not really a spoiler, the game actually gives you a warning
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: October 23, 2012, 03:23:11 am »

Random question......

Why is my Support the only member of the team to be a plasma magnet?
(Actually, is plasma magnetic?)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: October 23, 2012, 03:26:46 am »

I think the other classes tend to get cover bonuses later, so the support is probably the easiest to hit.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: October 23, 2012, 04:22:05 am »

Not when the damned floater has to shoot through the Heavy to hit the Support, and an assault was closer with the same cover, ie 1/2.

She gets wounded every mission and has missed four missions so far, her will is so low, she panics at the drop of a plasma pistol and starts babbling about immediate evac, whiny little rich girl.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: October 23, 2012, 04:43:09 am »

Not when the damned floater has to shoot through the Heavy to hit the Support, and an assault was closer with the same cover, ie 1/2.

She gets wounded every mission and has missed four missions so far, her will is so low, she panics at the drop of a plasma pistol and starts babbling about immediate evac, whiny little rich girl NEW SCOUT.

Fixed that for you.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4303 on: October 23, 2012, 04:51:54 am »

So i just realised that this UFO was *special* but in what way i have no clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1C-_P8v25E#t=35m55s

Anybody ever encountered a UFO like that?

In french he says "We found a new contact emitting strange signal, like if he were looking(searching) for something.

and man... he RAPED my interceptor as you will see ( im playing impossible btw )
Its a battleship. You'll likely need a firestorm to bring it down, or at LEAST something better than avalanche missiles.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:37 am »

(Actually, is plasma magnetic?)

Well, according to the current hypothesis in developing real-life plasma weaponry, you'd need a strong centralized magnetic field to keep the plasma stable en route to the target.  Otherwise it just fizzles out after an incredibly short distance.  So, if the aliens had somehow managed to find a way of creating a little projectile field to contain the plasma, then it would certainly be affected by other electromagnetic fields in the area.

So, to not answer your question at all...  Maybe/no.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 625