Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 960309 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #4050 on: October 19, 2012, 12:11:17 pm »

Or you can Run 'n Gun and then go into Overwatch.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4051 on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:00 pm »

Or you can Run 'n Gun and then go into Overwatch.
Thats... what I said.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: October 19, 2012, 12:18:36 pm »

And none of that has anything to do with what the guy was originally asking for. :P

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: October 19, 2012, 12:20:59 pm »

"And now, rookie paleface, I give you your Assaulti Indian name:  Shoots-While-Running"

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: October 19, 2012, 12:25:03 pm »

Doesn't bulestorm allow that? It's of heavies, I think

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:44 pm »

And none of that has anything to do with what the guy was originally asking for. :P

Move-Shoot-Move is basically what the guy is asking for. Like moving between two high cover walls and shooting first alien seen during movement is what the guy is asking for which is move-shoot-move.

Can do that though but you have to make sure enemy dies in one shot and that is using sniper with 'In The Zone' ability, you don't need 'Snapshot' ability but w/o it you will have to use pistol.

Of course what I like is squad of heavies with bulletswarm who can just shoot and scoot so basically will be doing a lot of back-tracking but will be 'see alien->shoot alien-> run away!->repeat'

Bullet swarm allows shoot and scoot, so you can fire then move, but you can't move-fire-move.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4056 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:14 pm »

Bulletswarm allows you to shoot and then move, or shoot and then shoot. Basically all it does is make shooting not end your turn immediately as normal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: October 19, 2012, 01:49:23 pm »

This series of misunderstandings is very entertaining.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4058 on: October 19, 2012, 01:59:56 pm »

This series of misunderstandings is very entertaining.

NO U
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: October 19, 2012, 02:04:18 pm »

I will say one GREAT strategy for some enemies is to have your team bunker back and have one unit go forward enough to draw the attention of aliens... and then have that same unit run away taking cover.

You will often have enemies waste turns double running into range of your attacks.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: October 19, 2012, 09:56:46 pm »

I feel that this game could benefit from a few more mission types. "The police station in under attack, police officers are holed up inside, go save as many as you can" or "The army is combating mutons but need support clearing out a concentration of them". I'd enjoy working with npc's that could actually fight. Especially if you could give them a general tactic, like choices of "suppress and stay back" or "move up with us".

Basically, I want more mission types and npc's that aren't useless as hell. Oh soldier on the bridge, where the hell did your gun go? Get the fuck over here and help. Oh hi mr general, wait, were you seriously down here without a weapon? I thought you came here to fight! Ass.

Of course, this would have to be balanced out by the npc's dying in one hit and having shite accuracy. Don't want to make it too easy.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: October 19, 2012, 10:05:17 pm »

meh, i didn't get much more from this game than i did from any of the UFO games I played.  The tech tree is too limited for that to be fun and eventually the missions are just tedious.

It's a nice game.  I just can't get more than 1/2 a playthrough of one of these games without getting bored with the missions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: October 19, 2012, 10:32:11 pm »

Basically, I want more mission types and npc's that aren't useless as hell. Oh soldier on the bridge, where the hell did your gun go? Get the fuck over here and help. Oh hi mr general, wait, were you seriously down here without a weapon? I thought you came here to fight! Ass.
You don't understand. He was going to go hand-to-hand fistfighting with those sectoids.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: October 19, 2012, 10:37:05 pm »

Alternatively he was scoring consistent crits... but then he had to use up all his badassness in one desperation move to throw his gun at incoming plasma and save himself. Thus, you come in, but since X-Com doesn't have the necessary motor skills required for trading weapons, he has to glower at you as your rookies miss point blank with a shotgun. At a sectopod.

I feel I have explained this adequately. Maybe.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4064 on: October 19, 2012, 11:10:27 pm »

Alternatively he was scoring consistent crits... but then he had to use up all his badassness in one desperation move to throw his gun at incoming plasma and save himself. Thus, you come in, but since X-Com doesn't have the necessary motor skills required for trading weapons, he has to glower at you as your rookies miss point blank with a shotgun. At a sectopod.

I feel I have explained this adequately. Maybe.
Yeah I really kinda wish you had the option to go 'Okay then you seem like a fairly badass dude, have a plasma pistol'
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 625