Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 960765 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #3465 on: October 13, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »

Just reinstall and don't save a million fucking times next time.
Shoes...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: October 13, 2012, 07:43:22 pm »

No, that is a dumb idea. Eventually I'll hit 100 saves again (well it probably glitches close to 100)

If it doesn't fix itself somehow such as by deleting old saves... then there is a problem.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:11 pm »

I call bull...  a Muton naded 2 people that moved up, they could not see one of em.

No, that is a dumb idea. Eventually I'll hit 100 saves again (well it probably glitches close to 100)

If it doesn't fix itself somehow such as by deleting old saves... then there is a problem.
Save over old saves and delete some every now and then.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: October 13, 2012, 07:45:14 pm »

Alternatively, you could be less lazy and actually delete the save files you don't need any more. Its not even thats hard. Just press escape, go to Load Games and use the delete function in that menu.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: October 13, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

I call bull...  a Muton naded 2 people that moved up, they could not see one of em.

Save over old saves and delete some every now and then.

I found a solution. Deleting old saves fixes it.

the issue is when there are too many saves for it to display.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

I too call bull, a muton just ran past 4 of my guys on overwatch and shot my sniper in the head at point blank range, who was also on overwatch.  No on fired.
Nom nom nom

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: October 13, 2012, 08:32:48 pm »

Well, I just finished it, and I have to say I found the ending somewhat lacking.  Normal mode, 295 game days, Steam says 57 hours played (4 games, first 3 aborted at early points).  I have to say, Normal mode is pretty easy, after a certain point.  I lost Russia & the UK fairly early, but then got satellite coverage up and had no panic problems at all.  Having all Major & up, with fully advanced armor & weapons made it pretty easy.  Due to the menu lockup bugs, I did save at the start of every mission, and did savescum a couple of times.

Now that I know some of the quirks & mechanics of the game, I think it's time for Classic Ironman.  I just hope I don't hit any of the major game killing bugs.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: October 13, 2012, 08:39:34 pm »

Anybody up for discussing multiplayer build strategy?

2 sectoids and a sectoid commander seems like a pretty good base of fire for builds that win, and leaves you with 6000 points.  2 Chryssalids is good.  Muton Berserker + 2000 points on what you want is also good, rookie with plasma rifle is a good addition to help deal with flying enemies the sectoids can't kill.

I'm considering trying 3 sectoids+commander and a cyberdisk with drone.  Cyberdisks are pretty OP, it should be a strong build.

I also tried 3 floaters and 2 heavy floaters and wrecked a guy with 2 mutons + elite + sectoid.  I'll have to try again with someone else though to see if that's a strong build or just a fluke.  Hella firepower though, and lots of mobility.  I don't see why it wouldn't be strong.
Shoes...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: October 13, 2012, 08:43:37 pm »

A million cyberdisks? :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:16 pm »

Ten billion cyberdisks. All they need.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: October 13, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

10k point builds, preferably :/
Shoes...

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: October 13, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »

Hrm. I'll have to think about it, see if I can come up with something reasonable by tomorrow.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3477 on: October 13, 2012, 08:55:06 pm »

Anybody up for discussing multiplayer build strategy?
I won a few Ranked matches in a row with one Demolitionist Soldier and 5 Sectoids. It was mostly just for the fun, but I quickly realised that those sectoids can actually ruin someone's day with their sheer volume of suppressing fire. Your aim goes down the tubes and then my soldier blows you away with a Shredder and his Plasma Cannon. The breaker was this one player with three soldiers. Two of them were goo-ified before they even got to shoot since he wasted his initial turns doing who knows what, and then moved up too slowly. By that time I had all my sectoids in good overwatch positions and he actually came into the open (single-player flashback), then his sniper got my Titan-clad soldier with a critical headshot, and killed all 5 sectoids by cloaking into flanking positions and then blowing them away with his plasma pistol.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:57:05 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: October 13, 2012, 08:56:06 pm »

I have work tomorrow, but after that, I should be able to get back to you.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: October 13, 2012, 09:06:13 pm »

I'm playing Normal Ironman. I had to reset my machine when the game glitched out on me and sent my highest ranking guy out of cover. Seriously, the biggest problem with this game is the glitching. I'm fine with losing a guy, even resigned myself to it a few times (all of which have resulted in lucky misses for me) but death by glitch is not cool. Aside from that, normal feels far to easy. My medkits all heal for 10, everyone has the best armour's (besides archangel but psh, who needs fancy pants flying tech?) and one of my main team was a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I even came across a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My sniper and support took it out in one turn. reinforcing my belief that normal is by far to easy. Has anyone actually manufactured guns? I just manufacture the snipers and shotguns and give everyone else light plasma. The accuracy bonus makes those things better than normal plasma.

Oh, every country is also at the lowest panic. I've lost nobody and everyone has a satellite. This is my first runthrough of the game. People weren't kidding when they were talking about classic being the way to go. 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:09:02 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 625