Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 960876 times)

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #3285 on: October 12, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

I think that I'm going to start a campaign on easy, and just try to go full SHIV as soon as possible. That seems awesome.
end game spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, obviously I'll need grunts to stun me some aliens, but I'm still sticking with the all-SHIV squad as much as possible.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: October 12, 2012, 05:16:22 pm »

I think I'm about to start the final mission. I need advice!

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: October 12, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

Having not yet played XCOM, I'd say Hellsing, since, if I recall correctly, dude's been nothing but 100% badass.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: October 12, 2012, 05:27:14 pm »

Hellsing because when some group pops up behind you he will suddenly have all those powerful combat psyker abilities to blow them into little tiny bits.
Nom nom nom

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: October 12, 2012, 05:36:24 pm »

After a gauntlet of reaction fire I had a 1 health Chrysallid end up standing next to one of my rookies, and her standard arc-thrower gave me 'no target'.  So I guess you need the Advanced one.  Not bad for a rookie, bagging a Chrys as your first kill!
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: October 12, 2012, 05:39:32 pm »

After a gauntlet of reaction fire I had a 1 health Chrysallid end up standing next to one of my rookies, and her standard arc-thrower gave me 'no target'.  So I guess you need the Advanced one.  Not bad for a rookie, bagging a Chrys as your first kill!

Actually Chrysallids can't be stunned period. I can't remember the reason exactly, but I think it's because the scientists are big pansies and don't want to wrestle hand-to-hand with live Chrysallids or something. The same holds true for zombies.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: October 12, 2012, 06:16:34 pm »

Started with this game today and gotten to the first enemy base... And i must say that the game is rather poorly coded.
Units shooting through walls, only distance and whatever cover you're currently hiding behind matters, line of sight behaving rather oddly(like in the enemy base, stand far out on the side near the power cores and you'll trigger most of the enemies on the map)
I feel that what the game renders and what is actually going on is two different things. Could hope that a bunch of patches would improve it.

Whoever wrote the dialogue lines didn't think very much about them.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: October 12, 2012, 06:43:12 pm »

I have a SHIV that for, this mission for some reason, turned into a headless female soldier.
my dnd character infiltrated my game.

EDIT: Also she's equipped only with an assault rifle, and just panicked in game.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:49:28 pm by Robosaur »
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: October 12, 2012, 06:56:49 pm »

That... is awesome.

Also, wow, the gift of Psionics is really really rare. Most of my elite soldiers don't have it, only "Angel" that I mentioned a while ago does. Now I'm starting to test the untrained new recruits. What about you guys? How many out of all your soldiers have Psionics?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: October 12, 2012, 06:58:56 pm »

Also, wow, the gift of Psionics is really really rare. Most of my elite soldiers don't have it, only "Angel" that I mentioned a while ago does. Now I'm starting to test the untrained new recruits. What about you guys? How many out of all your soldiers have Psionics?
its roughly 1 in 5-20 depending on how high rank
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: October 12, 2012, 07:01:58 pm »

Kinda funny because on my test run... my first three test subjects... Two of them awakened.

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: October 12, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

5 of 15, for me.  Although one of my soldiers is a DF malingerer, who just sits in the hospital and never leaves.  He's caught some bug that leaves him eternally wounded, with no timer, so he's never been tested.  Actually, make that 5/18 - I did hire a batch, and dismissed a few who came up negative.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: October 12, 2012, 07:09:01 pm »

Kinda funny because on my test run... my first three test subjects... Two of them awakened.
Same here. A support and a heavy. They're supermonsters right now, capable of handling massive hordes of stuff.

Other than those two I didn't have any luck with others.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:33 pm »

Here they are, folks: the last best hope for humanity!

Spoiler: Hellsing (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Socks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Medi-san (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Combo (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Prototype (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: October 12, 2012, 07:48:41 pm »

Socks looks to be Scottish.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 625