Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961031 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #3030 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38:11 am »

Honestly I consider Thinmen more dangerous then Floaters.

Thinmen have a tendency to turn any free turn you don't kill one into death. As well they tend to be agile and take cover more then floaters.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3031 on: October 11, 2012, 11:44:43 am »

Wait, Bulletstorm lets you fire TWICE? WHAT THE HECK! I always assumed it would only let you know after you had fired. Jeez. Never saw that picked!
Yep. It sounds like a mediocre skill but its actually pretty fantastic. My heavy that took it can blast away at the aliens twice a turn, or shoot and then move.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3032 on: October 11, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »

Hmmm... this is odd. 5 1/2 hours to go until it unlocks here and the game has suddenly decided to start downloading around 1.9 Gb of data while still saying it is preloading.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3033 on: October 11, 2012, 12:31:22 pm »

Hmmm... this is odd. 5 1/2 hours to go until it unlocks here and the game has suddenly decided to start downloading around 1.9 Gb of data while still saying it is preloading.
Prepatching!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: October 11, 2012, 12:33:15 pm »

yeah there is in fact... what two?  Three? updates already.   Also titan armor+nanofibre vest on max rank assault=4 bars of health.. aka the same? if not more health then a muton beserker!
Nom nom nom

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: October 11, 2012, 12:34:06 pm »

Yep. It sounds like a mediocre skill but its actually pretty fantastic. My heavy that took it can blast away at the aliens twice a turn, or shoot and then move.

Sounds like a great tool for strategic retreats and VIP missions. Can you fire then overwatch?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3036 on: October 11, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »

Hum, I am pretty sure you can since the second action is just a normal turn.

Oh and heavy floaters.... OMGWTFBBQ  They have so much health, damage, AND they throw grenades.  qq I thought beserkers and sectoid commanders were bad these guys are like hell.  Though I think cyberdiscs still rank number one for most annoying enemy
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 12:36:32 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: October 11, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »

We need a way to incorporate laying down into the game. I'd love to be able to slingshot my sniper to the top of a building and have him lay down to a) get a steadier shot and b) not get his head blasted off for leaving it up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3038 on: October 11, 2012, 12:44:42 pm »

Sounds like a great tool for strategic retreats and VIP missions. Can you fire then overwatch?
Yep you can, as I recall.

We need a way to incorporate laying down into the game. I'd love to be able to slingshot my sniper to the top of a building and have him lay down to a) get a steadier shot and b) not get his head blasted off for leaving it up.
Yes.. kneeling/prone stances really should have been included. A sniper climbing up a building is not going to just stand there like a dumbass holding his rifle at rest and looking around, making a perfect target against the sky.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #3039 on: October 11, 2012, 12:46:44 pm »

Goddamn it, got about an hour to get this downloaded and play it (93%, 1MB/s, COME ON! I pre-loaded this thing, what the hell?) before I go to a friends gig tonight. Tomorrow night is a beer festival right after work, so no way I'll be able to play it until the weekend, and considering how hung over I'll be on Saturday...

I hate being all adult.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: October 11, 2012, 12:48:00 pm »

@forsaken1111:

Kind of a surprising omission, considering that kneeling at least was in the original.

I know it's superseded in many cases by the cover system but...it wouldn't have been hard to add in.

Then again...they were really worried about people getting 'confused' by anything remotely complicated. That's the main reason grenades all blow up instantly and the proximity grenades were left out. So...maybe they tried it and the focus groups were all stupid and confused?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: October 11, 2012, 12:51:23 pm »

Yeah, that's probably the biggest problem with elevation right now. There's normally no cover up there, so any sniper who goes onto a roof is basically food unless he's standing waaaaay back with the ally vision shooty perk thing.

My latest classic ironman run (11th attempt) has been pretty damn successful so far. I actually made it to the alien base! I've already shot down and cleared a couple of large UFOs with zero casualties each time. I have two majors, a couple of lieutenants, etc. Full carapace armour on everyone, laser rifles for everyone, 6 satellites. I can't wait to see how the game will bend me over and make me scream.

This is the furthest I've ever gone. I've kept myself pretty spoiler free on this game for the most part and I very often die to the surprises it throws at me. Like Mutons and their stupid stat boosting auras. So if there's anything special in the alien base that can throw a curveball, I think I will be squadwiped.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: October 11, 2012, 12:53:30 pm »

So. Read at your own risk:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: October 11, 2012, 12:55:19 pm »

Nope, not reading it. Though I'll probably be back here in a few hours crying about all my super soldiers being teamwiped by whatever you put in that spoiler.  8)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: October 11, 2012, 12:56:34 pm »

Going by your previous post, it's nothing you haven't already seen :P

Just spoiling it for the people who haven't played yet.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 625