Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961415 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #2565 on: October 08, 2012, 02:35:35 pm »

You are still lucky, we have to wait until thursday night for it to unlock here.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: October 08, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

Now I wish I ducked out and stayed out like I said. Dammit Fenrif jealousy is oozing from my fucking PORES.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: October 08, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

I don't understand why he got it early.  Was the XBOX version released earlier or something?  What's going on?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: October 08, 2012, 03:03:20 pm »

I don't understand why he got it early.  Was the XBOX version released earlier or something?  What's going on?

You're being trolled. By aliens.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: October 08, 2012, 03:04:23 pm »

I require more funds vespene gas to purchase this game!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: October 08, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

I will admit that the start of Xcom and the unfinished ending of Xcom Apoc were REALLY Earthocentric

We obviously weren't the good guys at either of those situations.

What would we have done if the sectoids did come in peace?

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: October 08, 2012, 03:42:35 pm »

Send their remains home in a rocket with a plaque marked "They came in peace; they returned in pieces"
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: October 08, 2012, 03:44:50 pm »

I will admit that the start of Xcom and the unfinished ending of Xcom Apoc were REALLY Earthocentric

We obviously weren't the good guys at either of those situations.

I am confused, I thought the start of X-Com involved aliens killing civilians.  I can't say about the ending of XCom apoc, though.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: October 08, 2012, 03:46:22 pm »

In the start of the first X-com game, not counting the intro, all the sectiods are doing is flyover-recon. However, if you let them go, you get a terror mission pretty quickly, so there's that to think about.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: October 08, 2012, 03:49:00 pm »

In the start of the first X-com game, not counting the intro, all the sectiods are doing is flyover-recon. However, if you let them go, you get a terror mission pretty quickly, so there's that to think about.

Yeah I assumed there was already a terror mission/abductions/other horrible things before the game started, which is why X-Com was founded.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #2575 on: October 08, 2012, 03:50:13 pm »

Terror missions with sectoids and cyberdisks murdering everyone in a moscow suburb. Shots coming from the dark. Sectoid walks right up to my last squaddie. *zap*.

*curls into fetal position*
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: October 08, 2012, 03:53:22 pm »

Yes, but as I said. What would you have done if they really did come in peace but your attacks convinced them otherwise?

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: October 08, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »

Yes, but as I said. What would you have done if they really did come in peace but your attacks convinced them otherwise?
Load another magazine.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: October 08, 2012, 04:07:32 pm »

Well, if there's no choice, we go to war. If we can say, "Hey, we fucked up, our bad," then we send diplomats.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: October 08, 2012, 04:09:14 pm »

Well I've finally caved and pre-ordered. Curse you peer-pressure. And if it doesn't turn out to be good, at least I get cool TF2 items.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 625