Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961460 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #2520 on: October 07, 2012, 12:55:40 pm »

Where do you get those codes that make a €47 become €30? I did want Civ 5 though :)

Also, regarding VPN. It's basically a technology that makes the internet think your connection is coming from elsewhere. You do need I'm enrolled in an American university, and can use its VPN services to make the world think I am in the US. I get stuff cheaper that way, when steam thinks $ and € are the same. Either way, all the downloading is done, so I'm guessing all I need is to use the VPN to make Steam think it's time to unlock the game. Hooray!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: October 07, 2012, 01:17:35 pm »

Where do you get those codes that make a €47 become €30? I did want Civ 5 though :)

Also, regarding VPN. It's basically a technology that makes the internet think your connection is coming from elsewhere. You do need I'm enrolled in an American university, and can use its VPN services to make the world think I am in the US. I get stuff cheaper that way, when steam thinks $ and € are the same. Either way, all the downloading is done, so I'm guessing all I need is to use the VPN to make Steam think it's time to unlock the game. Hooray!

Man, how do you set that up? Would love to get around the pointless gap in release dates.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: October 07, 2012, 01:53:49 pm »

I'm torn on whether or not I should buy this.  It looks pretty fun, and the pre-order bonuses are tempting, but $50 is a lot.  It's only a day and a half until it comes out, and if I buy it then I'll miss out on the free copy of Civ 5.

You can buy it for less than that, bud.

I bought mine for £22 via GreenManGaming with a code - which works out around £35.

Have a search across the net - you WILL find it cheaper than $50.

Whitout free copy and steam code, probably.

It's a Steam code, yes, but you do get the pre-order DLC plus the free copy of Civ V (though I've had that since release).

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: October 07, 2012, 03:46:58 pm »

Man, how do you set that up? Would love to get around the pointless gap in release dates.

I used my university's VPN service. I'm not entirely sure if there are other free VPN services. I googled for "VPN north america free" and got this. Perhaps that helps?

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: October 07, 2012, 04:54:17 pm »

You can unlock already o.O
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2525 on: October 07, 2012, 04:56:31 pm »

You can unlock already o.O
Eh? Even with a VPN you wouldn't be able to unlock until it was actually available for unlocking.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: October 07, 2012, 05:11:14 pm »

Only a simple mind can be certain.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: October 07, 2012, 05:19:59 pm »

Only one more day for me.

I think I'll even post an LP in this thread, with me just laughing over and over for 30 minutes.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: October 07, 2012, 05:25:37 pm »

How sad is it that I might get up much earlier than usual just so I can play a few minutes of this before going off to work?

My wife is not going to like that....

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: October 07, 2012, 05:36:10 pm »

How sad is it that I might get up much earlier than usual just so I can play a few minutes of this before going off to work?

My wife is not going to like that....
Heh, do the opposite.

Tell her you're coming to bed late, but actually stay up all night waiting.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: October 07, 2012, 06:44:36 pm »

I think I'll even post an LP in this thread, with me just laughing over and over for 30 minutes.

I swear to god, I will find you and I will kill you out of sheer jealousy. 12th because I have a physical copy suuuuuucks :'(
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: October 07, 2012, 06:54:05 pm »

I swear to god, I will find you and I will kill you out of sheer jealousy. 12th because I have a physical copy suuuuuucks :'(

I'll make sure to send you a link personally! Mwahahaha.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: October 07, 2012, 08:09:03 pm »

What's this? Enemy Unknown comes out on a day I have no school? Oh, what a fortuitous coincidence! :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: October 07, 2012, 09:28:03 pm »

whats this pre-loading is going to take two days on  my current shitty internet NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nom nom nom

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: October 07, 2012, 09:31:15 pm »

whats this pre-loading is going to take two days on  my current shitty internet NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm 17 minutes away from completion :)))
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 625