Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961622 times)

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #2385 on: October 04, 2012, 04:51:41 pm »

Common doesnt mean best, Just need to find a good counter to that and ghost/sectoid commander could be a key to it if you can slip you commander to him :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 04, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »

For the sniper I think it might be sniper wars instead of using ghost armour. Just grab the cheapest floater you can, sectoid with mind merge and your archangel sniper and then once you think you know where their sniper will be drop the floater on him and snipe him. If there is an ability to get sniper to move and shoot (sniper rifle not sidearm) then it just becomes a game of who shows their sniper first.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 04, 2012, 07:33:34 pm »

For the sniper I think it might be sniper wars instead of using ghost armour. Just grab the cheapest floater you can, sectoid with mind merge and your archangel sniper and then once you think you know where their sniper will be drop the floater on him and snipe him. If there is an ability to get sniper to move and shoot (sniper rifle not sidearm) then it just becomes a game of who shows their sniper first.

On Sniper abilities

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 04, 2012, 07:39:01 pm »

On Sniper abilities

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 04, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

Also I should state: I wasn't complaining

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 04, 2012, 07:40:05 pm »

Spoiler: sniper abilities (click to show/hide)

Ninja'd
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 04, 2012, 07:47:23 pm »

I have no idea why you are putting crap in spoiler tags. The whole thread is a spoiler.

Squad Sight is going to be the obvious choice, but I guess to counter float drop it's pretty much going to be crawling through map in clustered (but not too close) formation with constant overwatch to be like an AA battery. Ah so many strategies.

The multiplayer is reminding me more of that old browser game where it's like a chessboard but you select what units your going to put on and their initial position so you have to try and predict what an opponent is going to put.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 04, 2012, 07:51:10 pm »

WARNING: NOT COMPLAINING!

I have no idea why you are putting crap in spoiler tags. The whole thread is a spoiler.

Usually when a whole thread is spoiler you add *Spoiler Alert* or something in it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 04, 2012, 08:04:14 pm »

The multiplayer is reminding me more of that old browser game where it's like a chessboard but you select what units your going to put on and their initial position so you have to try and predict what an opponent is going to put.

Oh man, I freakin' loved that game.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 04, 2012, 08:06:27 pm »

WARNING: NOT COMPLAINING!

Usually when a whole thread is spoiler you add *Spoiler Alert* or something in it.
To be fair, a lot of this is mostly speculation.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 04, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »

I'm going to agree with Meph in that it's part of Neonivek's nature to be the way he is in this thread. I don't actually feel like he's addressed (or understood) any of the posts I brought up. I'll just have to click away from the thread every time he causes it to devolve into a fight over whether the game will be good or bad.

I'll respond to your assertion that I am trying to censor you, however, Neonivek: I am militantly free speech. I respect your right to say things that I might not actually think are bright. This is why I don't click the 'report' button when you respond to personal criticism with sarcasm and ridicule, since I myself have been muted for less. On the same level, I believe in my right to tell you what I think when you do say these things. You should take Sergius's comments to heart: he expressed my opinion far more eloquently than I did.

I would actually like to see a full review, though. I want to know what the "devil's advocate" of the thread claims are the strong points.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 04, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »

I have no idea why, but I am thoroughly enjoying Neonivek's comments these days.
Wherever I go, no matter what thread I read, if it is in other games section, I can always find Neonivek complaining something about it  :)
What a charming lad.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 04, 2012, 09:27:53 pm »

Great... I've become Grumpy Bear.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 04, 2012, 09:50:09 pm »

I've decided to name my first rookie after Neo. If he lives long enough, will earn the nickname Grumpy.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 04, 2012, 09:51:53 pm »

I've decided to name my first rookie after Neo. If he lives long enough, will earn the nickname Grumpy.
...brilliant.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 625