Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961620 times)

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #2370 on: October 04, 2012, 12:59:16 pm »

I don't know why everyone is getting picky over the healing animation

Well no one is really up in arms about it. It is just something to talk about.

I never said up in arms, I said picky.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 04, 2012, 01:00:16 pm »

Yeah but if I don't say that SOMEONE is going to burst in here and complain about people complaining and how everyone hates the game.

You see why I just usually let people come to the wrong conclusions? :P

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 04, 2012, 01:02:36 pm »

Yeah but if I don't say that SOMEONE is going to burst in here and complain about people complaining and how everyone hates the game.

You see why I just usually let people come to the wrong conclusions? :P

I have more faith in humanity than you, it seems :P
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 04, 2012, 01:03:26 pm »

Faith? That is EXACTLY what happened here earlier. TWICE!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 04, 2012, 01:04:01 pm »

I think that this is basically what they're trying to model in-game for the medical spray. I'm fine with the concept, I just think the animation could have been done a bit better.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: October 04, 2012, 01:04:28 pm »

You silly people and your faith in humanity. I have faith in aliens trying to kill us being a good game. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: October 04, 2012, 01:05:49 pm »

I just figured after the second time they would have learned :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: October 04, 2012, 01:09:24 pm »

As of right now I am thinking of a REALLY obnoxious way of warning people that just because I point something out, have a minor complaint, or am exploring a concept within the game... That I am not saying the game is terrible, not worthwhile, or bad in any sense.

What I am currently thinking of is a large banner that I will put before all my posts with a "!!!WARNING!!!" and all that.

Either that or I will do a full review of everything I know of Xcom so far. So if (or rather... When) anyone says "You hate the game" again I can just slap them and link them my review.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: October 04, 2012, 01:10:30 pm »

Oh man, I want to get this so bad but I'm glad I didn't buy this on impulse last week.  I'm now one paycheck away from being homeless!!   I might have to go back to pimping my ass on the streets for some X-Com.

I always really wanted to be good at the original x-com but I sucked so horribly at it - I didn't care though, it was fun.  This one seems more "friendly" at least.  Look forward to seeing everyones thoughts after release.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #2379 on: October 04, 2012, 01:37:06 pm »

Stem-Gel first aid spray. Patent pending.

On another note.......longest 5 days of my life. I have a million things to do to free up the rest of October but I can't seem to focus on them. I've had 2 XCOM dreams which is odd because I'm not a teenager. Sid Meier owns my ass.

Hahahah, I've been thinking about posting that - except you American people get this stuff way early. I mean, can you even imagine what it's going to be like for the rest of the world? Knowing the Americans are just playing away gleefully and we still have TWO MOAR DAYS TO GO?

Also Postal83, that sounds like it really sucks man :( Best of luck :(

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: October 04, 2012, 02:49:44 pm »

On another note.......longest 5 days of my life. I have a million things to do to free up the rest of October but I can't seem to focus on them. I've had 2 XCOM dreams which is odd because I'm not a teenager. Sid Meier owns my ass.

Hahahah, I've been thinking about posting that - except you American people get this stuff way early. I mean, can you even imagine what it's going to be like for the rest of the world? Knowing the Americans are just playing away gleefully and we still have TWO MOAR DAYS TO GO?

It sounds as if you are a bit jealous of our freedoms, I know for a fact that a troupe of eagles descended from the heavens and dropped the exact amount needed to purchase this game. I guess being the greatest nation to exist or will ever exist has a few benefits. You will have to be contect with your earl grey, limes, and bad dental health.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: October 04, 2012, 03:27:32 pm »

It sounds as if you are a bit jealous of our freedoms, I know for a fact that a troupe of eagles descended from the heavens and dropped the exact amount needed to purchase this game. I guess being the greatest nation to exist or will ever exist has a few benefits. You will have to be contect with your earl grey, limes, and bad dental health.
I'm quite sure bad teeth and horrible food are the main "english" stereotypes.
Brits are also known for being ponces or whatever it is spelled.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: October 04, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »

As of right now I am thinking of a REALLY obnoxious way of warning people that just because I point something out, have a minor complaint, or am exploring a concept within the game... That I am not saying the game is terrible, not worthwhile, or bad in any sense.

What I am currently thinking of is a large banner that I will put before all my posts with a "!!!WARNING!!!" and all that.

Either that or I will do a full review of everything I know of Xcom so far. So if (or rather... When) anyone says "You hate the game" again I can just slap them and link them my review.

That's because you have a way of saying things that tells everyone that you're complaining, even when to you it doesn't mean you're complaining.

So if you say "medicine gun! medicine gun!" or "big dumb speis mareens!" well it sure looks like you're making fun of it.

See, this is a valid complaint about your posts, since it's a style issue instead of a substance issue. Like your complaints about how armor looks.

Trying to actually understand what you mean to say vs. the actual words you say is a LOT of work and gets people frustrated.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 04:06:26 pm by Sergius »

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: October 04, 2012, 04:36:44 pm »

If you want some XCOM Multiplayer Footage, go look at this. Starts at 21:45. Spoiler alert, watch at your own risk, yada yada yada.

Spoiler: Spoiler about OP units (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: October 04, 2012, 04:47:55 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler about OP units (click to show/hide)

Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 625