Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961847 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1650 on: September 10, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

Honestly I was saying Space Marines half heartedly before... but boobplate pretty much moved it from joke to "Yeah they were really thinking about space marines when designing this game".
Wait.. what? Space Marines don't even have womens.
A point, he makes it. Unless Neon isn't talking of the 40k Marines.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: September 10, 2012, 04:17:19 pm »

Honestly I was saying Space Marines half heartedly before... but boobplate pretty much moved it from joke to "Yeah they were really thinking about space marines when designing this game".
I think the Adepta Sororitas would qualify.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: September 10, 2012, 04:20:38 pm »

Anyhow now that we officially established the Women's brains are located in their boobs as proven by this game.

The question now is

How many times greater are women's muscles and skin then mens? Given that they seem to have less armor and lack any muscle tone. Obviously I was sleeping through the part of class that told us women's skin was adamantine and their muscles 100 times greater per pound then men.

I mean... this is a game about military units. Why would they dress clearly underqualified women in sexualising outfits unless this was true?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1653 on: September 10, 2012, 04:28:28 pm »

I think the Adepta Sororitas would qualify.
To be a Space Marine one must recieve the implants and go through the change. Its been established afaik that a woman even attempting that would lead to death. While the Adepta Sororitas are badass, they are not space marines.

I mean... this is a game about military units. Why would they dress clearly underqualified women in sexualising outfits unless this was true?
Because boobs = sales and sales > realism ergo boobs > realism

woah... I just posited that boobs are better than reality.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: September 10, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »

You know, the armor is really not that revealing and i heard from alot of women (soldiers) that shape is good for their boob support.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: September 10, 2012, 04:46:57 pm »

You know, the armor is really not that revealing and i heard from alot of women (soldiers) that shape is good for their boob support.

I don't think "that shape" is what they meant.  The main complaint with US Army body armor is about the extra torso length (chafes the hips and rides up when sitting) and extra shoulder width (interferes with shouldering the stock of weapon).  I'm sure the washboard-straight front plate isn't comfortable but there's limits to how much they can curve it and keep ballistic properties.  I'm sure they can still rely on traditional means of 'support'.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: September 10, 2012, 04:53:44 pm »

I leave this thread for one afternoon (local time) and when I come back, I find discussions about boob armour and laser-shooting codpieces. I love you guys.

Nonetheless, to steer the topic back a bit to its original subject ... Here is the XCOM Panel they did at PAX. Here, the dev's show off some earlier prototypes of the game. Some are nice, some are ... not. Plus, the Xcompendables make a small appearance.

Clicky here for footage.

EDIT: Also, RPS has part of their gazzilionth XCOM Interview online. Right after the click.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 04:59:17 pm by Dohon »
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: September 10, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »

Also it is because Xcom would suck without sexyness

I mean... women holding their own based purely on their talents? When the heck has that ever happened?

What we need is women in skin tight armor that shows off their breasts... how else are we supposed to tell which woman is better then the next?

Ohh! suggestion!

Women's breasts should increase size as their skills go up. Perfect idea!

Last point, anyone who complains about this should note that you can customise the armour so that its not a boobplate. The elite soldier pack only gives you extra armour and hair to choose from, if I recall. If its still a problem, feel free.

I leave this thread for one afternoon (local time) and when I come back, I find discussions about boob armour and laser-shooting codpieces. I love you guys.

Nonetheless, to steer the topic back a bit to its original subject ... Here is the XCOM Panel they did at PAX. Here, the dev's show off some earlier prototypes of the game. Some are nice, some are ... not. Plus, the Xcompendables make a small appearance.

Clicky here for footage.

EDIT: Also, RPS has part of their gazzilionth XCOM Interview online. Right after the click.

Jesus christ how many times are they going to do reviews for this? XD
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: September 10, 2012, 05:25:14 pm »

They aren't reviews, they're interviews.

Of which that is Part 5.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:37 pm »

Last point, anyone who complains about this should note that you can customise the armour so that its not a boobplate.

Do you have proof that there is a non-boobplate armor?

Better yet is the chances there will be EXACTLY one.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:33:33 pm by Neonivek »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: September 10, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »

Last point, anyone who complains about this should note that you can customise the armour so that its not a boobplate.

Do you have proof that there is a non-boobplate armor?

Better yet is the chances there will be EXACTLY one.

I posted my background a few pages ago, its there. But, it was a tad covered, so here you go.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

CRUISE MISSILE OF PROOF

Spoiler: I'm so sorry (click to show/hide)

Edit: I know there is more, try looking up the gameplay videos of the terror mission, the recruit, barrett on there is a women that isn't in boob armour.

(Also, aklyon, that's what I meant, its just late here and i'm being silly)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 05:42:59 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:13 pm »

The question is, can the styles be combined?

I don't know about the aliens, but it would terrify the hell out of me if the soldier next to me had an enormous boob plate and an enlarged, laser-firing codpiece.

No seriously, you take point love. I don't want you behind me.......
It's a game. Have fun.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: September 11, 2012, 01:17:58 am »

I should say this since Dogstile did go out of his way to post a picture and inform me... but yes you indeed proved me wrong.

Still STRONGLY wondering if there is a Rambo suit for male characters. It seems so appropriate for this game somehow.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: September 11, 2012, 04:04:48 am »

I would totally use that. I'm actually going to be making characters for all of my friends when I play, so that'll be cool.

Edit:

Reading the comments of that one below really bothered me. Its not enough that they added women (and the one on the right also doesn't have boobplate). Now they're complaining that none of the women are ugly and that they look like "supermodels".
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 04:27:54 am by dogstile »

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: September 11, 2012, 04:09:18 am »

Regarding "boobplate" armour, I believe I posted an article about that somewhere ... Let me look it up.

EDIT: Jup, there is one. Courtesy of Kotaku.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 625