Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961841 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1635 on: September 10, 2012, 02:17:57 pm »

In other news, heroes are in the game and recruit-able.

I'm betting somewhere, there is a thread on a forum dedicated to bitching about the boobplate.
I've never understood that phenomenon.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: September 10, 2012, 02:31:27 pm »

I'm betting somewhere, there is a thread on a forum dedicated to bitching about the boobplate.
Agreed.  I would also enjoy seeing Sid Meier in a boobplate.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: September 10, 2012, 02:54:47 pm »

Maybe the aliens are intimidated by mammals.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: September 10, 2012, 02:55:45 pm »

Neither have I. If you're wearing the boobplate, either you've got a bit of extra space between you and outside your armor, or its probably more comfortable than the normal plate.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: September 10, 2012, 02:57:37 pm »

I believe the reason most people do not like it is because in medieval combat, a shot to the chest, with a boobplate, would send the sword glancing up at the neck.

However, in X-COM, I believe the aliens are simply intimidated by boobies. It's the only logical explanation.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: September 10, 2012, 03:44:55 pm »

I believe the reason most people do not like it is because in medieval combat, a shot to the chest, with a boobplate, would send the sword glancing up at the neck.

However, in X-COM, I believe the aliens are simply intimidated by boobies. It's the only logical explanation.

It's about the same reason why women don't normally get custom body armor. The breasts more or less catch the bullets, directing them into your center mass.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: September 10, 2012, 03:45:57 pm »

Maybe it matters less against Plasma weapons?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1642 on: September 10, 2012, 03:52:46 pm »

The boob area is the same general viscinity where bulging sectoid biceps would be, so our women look completely ripped and buff and scary to them. That is why they invaded in the first place, because they fear our women and their mighty mammaries.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:58:00 pm by forsaken1111 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: September 10, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »

The boob area is the same general viscinity where bulging sectoid biceps would be, so our women look completely ripped and buff and scary to them. That is why they invaded in the first place, because they fear our women and their might mammaries.
Best idea.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: September 10, 2012, 04:04:50 pm »

Also it is because Xcom would suck without sexyness

I mean... women holding their own based purely on their talents? When the heck has that ever happened?

What we need is women in skin tight armor that shows off their breasts... how else are we supposed to tell which woman is better then the next?

Ohh! suggestion!

Women's breasts should increase size as their skills go up. Perfect idea!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1645 on: September 10, 2012, 04:06:17 pm »

Also the men should wear boobplate too! We can pack that empty space with shield generators and other sci-fi fancyness!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: September 10, 2012, 04:09:50 pm »

Also the men should wear boobplate too! We can pack that empty space with shield generators and other sci-fi fancyness!
Or more armor.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: September 10, 2012, 04:10:32 pm »

No... Men wear crotch plates specifically designed to show off their crotch. Because we are even handed like that.

Either that or they wear no armor, and show off their muscles.

Because THIS IS SPACE MARIN... errr... Xcom.

Honestly I was saying Space Marines half heartedly before... but boobplate pretty much moved it from joke to "Yeah they were really thinking about space marines when designing this game".

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: September 10, 2012, 04:11:36 pm »

Also it is because Xcom would suck without sexyness

I mean... women holding their own based purely on their talents? When the heck has that ever happened?

What we need is women in skin tight armor that shows off their breasts... how else are we supposed to tell which woman is better then the next?

Ohh! suggestion!

Women's breasts should increase size as their skills go up. Perfect idea!
I like the way you think.
Or more armor.
Codpieces. Codpieces with laser rifles in them.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1649 on: September 10, 2012, 04:11:50 pm »

Honestly I was saying Space Marines half heartedly before... but boobplate pretty much moved it from joke to "Yeah they were really thinking about space marines when designing this game".
Wait.. what? Space Marines don't even have womens.
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 625