Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961932 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1515 on: August 31, 2012, 11:34:08 am »

Man, I wish I could watch those at work. Guess I'll be playing catch-up over the weekend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: September 01, 2012, 06:06:23 am »

So the multiplayer looks like hilarious fun. I had to turn it off while watching them play impossible difficulty though, I was trying not the shout at the screen.

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/330851810

Multiplayer, nail bitingly close, nobody post who wins or i'll glare at you: 17:00

Impossible times in single player with terrible RNG: 1:57:00

More multiplayer, short match: 3:20:00
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 04:52:30 am by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: September 04, 2012, 06:56:50 am »

As promised, all the feeds with all the highlights for your viewing pleasure.

Spoiler: Friday Feed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Saturday Feed (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sunday Feed (click to show/hide)

Every segment has a bit of Q&A and chat questions. Even trash-talking and some humour too. :)

Beyond the stream footage, 2K has already uploaded several bits and pieces of the streams.

Fan Footage Stream. This has been shown already about a week ago.
PC Interface reveal
Multiplayer match, first day of PAX

And now ... I'm gonna have a nap.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:03:31 am by Dohon »
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: September 04, 2012, 11:49:12 am »

That's a great video list, Dohon, kudos for putting it together.

I'll have to watch the parts I missed during the weekend at some point.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: September 05, 2012, 08:21:15 am »

I don't mean to pull from the current discussion, but has there been any confirmed mod support?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: September 05, 2012, 09:24:50 am »

I don't mean to pull from the current discussion, but has there been any confirmed mod support?

I belive I heard no on that one. But perhaps post release? I'm afraid I don't have sources for that, but deffinitly heard the no part somewhere semi-reliable...
So, not too much help I guess.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: September 05, 2012, 11:28:58 am »

According to one of the PAX segments, there will not be Mod support on Launch but it is something they are definitely planning on doing.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: September 05, 2012, 04:20:27 pm »

Well, "eventually" is better than the "NO" I expected.

Hm... seems some alien species have an "Elite" or enhanced equivalent to them.

So far, you have normal sectoids and Psychic sectoid commanders.

Mutons and the Muton Berserker.

Floater and Heavy Floater.

... A pattern?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: September 05, 2012, 04:21:37 pm »

That was in the original as well. The various alien races had some "classes" like Navigator and Commander.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: September 05, 2012, 06:14:18 pm »

That was in the original as well. The various alien races had some "classes" like Navigator and Commander.

Well it made sense afterall. Even the X-com units had classifications of humans like "Civilian", "Scientist", "Engineer", "Soldier", and I think... Pilot (I cannot remember if pilots were a thing.

But those are less classes and more like jobs (Ignoring that Captains actually had unique abilities).

Also I'd have a problem with all alien species having a "Elite" version... Except that the original sectoids are all but removed from the game except in name only... So they arn't stepping on their original concept of having elites.

So there is nothing really wrong with having a elite version anymore except that it STRONGLY brings attention to the fact that it is a game (The sectoids had a reason why their elites came in later...). But we have yet to hear how they are introduced. Mind you given how the game is developing so far... I doubt there will be a in game justification.

Also yes... I will never get over this games lack of real Sectoids and fully admit I am irrational.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:16:36 pm by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

Well then mod ye some Olde Sectoidse when you can do that, then.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: September 05, 2012, 06:18:40 pm »

Well then mod ye some Olde Sectoidse when you can do that, then.

Not only does this not count (mods are not vanilla be), it is also not possible.

You cannot just simply add in a alien that looks like a sectoid and shoots things. They are more complex then that.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: September 05, 2012, 06:22:44 pm »

Well, maybe wait and see how things are in the actual campaign. We know that the sectoids at least have psionic commanders who can panic or mind control your guys, so that part is pretty true to the original.

Not sure how aliens will work as far as having medics/pilots/engineers goes. We haven't seen them yet, but that doesn't mean they aren't in the game yet.
Come play Mafia with us!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: September 05, 2012, 06:27:40 pm »

Ohh I wasn't refering to Aliens lacking roles and jobs.

It would be a VERY weird Xcom game that sort of almost entirely misses the point if it had not.

I know I am irrationally mad at the lack of the original sectoids... but even I don't think they will forget that these are essentially supposed to be "Aliens doing their buisness" and not hoards of alien monsters (well... all the time)

Heck if there is one thing I am looking forward to seeing that would be a genuin improvement over the original is different spaceships. I always found it a tad weird that the Floater ships look exactly the same as the Snakemen ships.

Heck if they develop the alien culture better... I may have to rethink my disdain for the game... since that would be one of the few areas where they could outright beat the original. I mean, a "Food Prep" alien for example (who isn't a human cutting butcher) would be interesting. Human artifacts being in some sort of alien office lined with books (of alien sorts) would also be something.

Why do I feel like not only will this not happen but it isn't a good idea?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 06:35:49 pm by Neonivek »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: September 05, 2012, 06:59:17 pm »

I don't think it would be. Any time we try to show alien life it is either extremely... human or so far out there it doesn't make sense that anything would work. Aside from that, I prefer the mystery.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 625