Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961997 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1425 on: August 26, 2012, 02:23:02 pm »

I heard they're these things people have which they take breaks or relax in. But it's just something I heard from a coworker and he heard it from someone else, so I don't really know if it's true or not.

The last time I checked, a regular week was work work work work work sleep laundry.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:47 pm »

Lol...

Wait until you guys have full time jobs. Then you'll really know the meaning of no free time.

Every time I see anything that says something is happening on a weekday I'm like... "well, guess I can't see that".

Some of us already do, though when I started working I though I'll figure out a way to have free time. Wrong and wrong.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1427 on: August 26, 2012, 04:05:25 pm »

Well, seems like I won't really be able to catch it, unless I have a short work day tomorrow (not likely) and finish before teh afternoon. Otherwise, I hope they upload it to Youtube for those who missed it.

Also after having watched the preview videos, I'm so excited for the eventual release, I'm probably going to start playing the classic game after I finish off Starcon2.

Heh, funny how I spent so much on the Steam Summer Sale, and I'm still devoting alot of time on these classics.

Not to mention all the fun that comes with making spreadsheets to simplify the games a little more. Starcon especially; in regards to certain things not normally visible in-game (like total mineral value, overall value of your ship, relative distance chart for Quasi-space and Hyper-space travel (maximizing fuel efficiency), and Melnorme Credits and how much you'll have after collecting BIO and Rainbow Worlds.

EDIT:
Come to think of it, why is making certain tools for games more fun than the games themselves? It's like having a big toy that comes in a large box, and spending more time playing with the box.

EDIT EDIT:
Uh oh, speaking of nostalgia, I might be doing similar stuff with other classics like Master of Orion (speed up research and construction efficiency) and XCOM (optimize military and track overall economy).
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:14:43 pm by Itnetlolor »

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 26, 2012, 04:07:57 pm »

Well, seems like I won't really be able to catch it, unless I have a short work day tomorrow (not likely) and finish before teh afternoon. Otherwise, I hope they upload it to Youtube for those who missed it.

Also after having watched the preview videos, I'm so excited for the eventual release, I'm probably going to start playing the classic game after I finish off Starcon2.

Heh, funny how I spent so much on the Steam Summer Sale, and I'm still devoting alot of time on these classics.

Well, they should release it somewhere, since only doing a livestream and not uploading it means that a lot of us won't be able to see it and is basically stupid.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2012, 04:10:56 am »

Normally, once the broadcast is over, you can re-watch it by looking up the video section. They have all the footage from E3 and so on still on-file, so, I guess that the same will apply for the feed. If we're lucky, it might even get uploaded to the Youtube channel, but re-watching the feed later is the best option.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 27, 2012, 11:57:41 am »

Stream imminent, for you people that aren't working.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 27, 2012, 12:05:43 pm »

Watching stream. They just confirmed that X-COM is a social dating game.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 27, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »

I knew it!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 27, 2012, 12:53:59 pm »

Chryssalids! And Cyberdisks!

In the same terror mission!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 27, 2012, 12:57:52 pm »

That sounds...painful.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 27, 2012, 01:02:13 pm »

That sounds...painful.
The Cyberdisks still explode and the Chryssalids can jump.

Edit: PC UI to be shown at PAX.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 01:10:53 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »

So, the stream is over and on the whole, I'd say things look pretty great. The actual tactical gameplay looked (to me) a lot like the original, but with more stuff and functionality, which I think is great. At least it resembled the way I play the original, which is what's important to me.

I'm still not sure about the class system, it might redeem itself after you get used to it, but for now I'll remain a bit sceptical.

The maps they played on were good maps, nothing mind-blowing and neither bad. Hopefully there'll be a lot of maps, playing the same maps could easily get old pretty fast.

On a side note: I'm glad there's an actual, useful, sniper in this, as opposed to the lack of one in the original and the pitifully weak one from Apocalypse.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 27, 2012, 01:26:48 pm »

Want to re-watch the stream? Click here.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 27, 2012, 01:55:26 pm »

The Sniper is still vulnerable to getting murderficated by a cyberdisk, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 27, 2012, 01:57:32 pm »

Naturally. I wouldn't have it any other way!
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 625