Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 962119 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1260 on: July 31, 2012, 03:51:08 pm »

I'm fine with it either way. But you know thats going to happen anyway, eventually. You people and your armies of rookies. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 31, 2012, 03:52:05 pm »

Well, yeah. Hell, I expect a mod that completely rebuilds the game so it identical to the original within 6 months of release :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 31, 2012, 03:53:58 pm »

Well, yeah. Hell, I expect a mod that completely rebuilds the game so it identical to the original within 6 months of release :P
TFTD conversion mod as well?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 31, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »

That would take another two months, but yes.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1264 on: July 31, 2012, 03:58:33 pm »

How much have they actually talked about modability / does anyone have a link to one of the news articles / threads / videos that talks about it?

I don't actually recall reading it but the way everyone is going on, I figure that I must have missed it.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 31, 2012, 03:59:30 pm »

A couple of the videos early on talked about moddability, and the devs stated that they want the game to be moddable, but they didn't reveal to what extent.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 31, 2012, 04:06:57 pm »

There has been some talk from them about how much the modding community has helped the Civ series, so they're at least well aware of the benefits of a large modding community.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 31, 2012, 04:27:46 pm »

After watching that picture for around two minutes I now feel tricked.

I do feel that the Guile hair and the armour colour customization should have been included as standard. The armours as a DLC I could understand, since they are purely cosmetic. At least, that's what's going around the official forums. If the new armours were actually different forms of armour, I would find it unfair to restrict those to pre-order stuff.

Not to be "that guy", but I believe what lord cooper was referencing was the odd choice of wording recommending we "watch" the image instead of suggesting we "look at" or "view" it. Whereas he would be implying that he watched the image for 2 minutes expecting something to happen, as if it were a video, say. Hopefully he meant this in jest, but either way his comment did cause me to chuckle.

Heh, shows once again that a) the internet doesn't handle jest well (or sarcasm or irony or anything else not involving a huge amount of smilies) and b) that the English language can catch you with your pants down. As much as I love a fresh breeze now and again, I'll do try to avoid this little mix-up in the future. Cheers for pointing it out to me though because I would have never found it myself.  :D

After watching that picture for around two minutes I now feel tricked.

I do feel that the Guile hair and the armour colour customization should have been included as standard. The armours as a DLC I could understand, since they are purely cosmetic. At least, that's what's going around the official forums. If the new armours were actually different forms of armour, I would find it unfair to restrict those to pre-order stuff.

From what I've heard in the interviews the developers are trying to avoid having any of the DLC include actual game mechanics. So there shouldn't be any new armor or weapon types that are DLC that are anything other than cosmetic.

You are right about that. But ever since Empire Total War, I always take promises made by developpers with a small pinch of salt. So, yeah, the armour thingy will indeed by cosmetic as well. But this small voice at the back of my head is mighty insistant. :) But I'm still getting this game as soon it hits my store.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:29:18 pm by Dohon »
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #1268 on: August 01, 2012, 02:21:53 am »

That would take another two months, but yes.

Don't forget Apocalypse, or as much as they can include from Apoc at least.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: August 01, 2012, 03:13:53 pm »

Just wanna post a heads-up and a warning: the achievements for XCOM Enemy Unknown have been 'leaked' and can be found on the interwebz. I'm not posting a link because calling this a spoiler is the understatement of the year. Use google at your own peril. I glanced at the list and I'm so so so sorry I did. Didn't see them all, but saw enough.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: August 01, 2012, 04:10:47 pm »

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:16:52 pm by Sergius »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: August 01, 2012, 04:14:52 pm »

The image isn't working properly, and you probably shouldn't be posting it anyways.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: August 01, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »

The image isn't working properly, and you probably shouldn't be posting it anyways.

Why shouldn't I.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: August 01, 2012, 04:25:58 pm »

Why shouldn't I.

It's kinda spoilerish and people will probably complain. At the very least can you put in a spoiler tag?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: August 01, 2012, 04:33:36 pm »

Why shouldn't I.

It's kinda spoilerish and people will probably complain. At the very least can you put in a spoiler tag?

Honestly, that is probably fluff text and it probably doesn't mean the exact words it means (as in this is something everyone should know already)
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 625