Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 962208 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1170 on: June 07, 2012, 05:07:54 pm »

X-Com has never been subtle. Just putting that out there. Cinematic camera is an option that can be disabled though according to Lead Producer.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: June 07, 2012, 05:34:25 pm »

X-Com has never been subtle. Just putting that out there. Cinematic camera is an option that can be disabled though according to Lead Producer.

I would rather put it like this: the first game was subtle because of it's limitations. I still hoped that psi would be invisible. The point about cinematic camera is that I love it, but seeing from an alien's perspective would break the immersion for me, so it's a really hard choice to me.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 07, 2012, 05:36:04 pm »

I actually hope they hot-key it on PC. I'm not going to want it on all the time, but I do want it for those awesome sniper shots and spray-and-pray building assaults.

It also might be like an auto-scout when aliens kill you. It depends on whether you can see how many aliens are with the one that just killed your guy.
It's a game. Have fun.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 07, 2012, 09:29:53 pm »

Maybe they'll put in an option to turn off alien perspective cam?
I'm sure a modder will add that in at some point anyway.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 07, 2012, 10:25:33 pm »

That gameplay footage looked pretty slick. I still dislike the way they handled psi training, but that's just personal preference. I can probably skip it in game anyway and use good old fashioned bullets.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: June 08, 2012, 07:05:49 am »

New footage. Fast forward to 3:51:40. The official 2K feed shows the new mission fully, without interruptions and narrated by Pete Murray from 2K. It also shows interceptors in action and a new mission where they breach a UFO with soldiers decked out with carapace armour and laser weaponry and meet an unknown alien. Both parts are in surprisingly low (blurry) resolution. Will post high-res stuff once I find it.

The interceptor bit looked a bit disappointing since I couldn't discern any options beyond the obious "abort" order. Work-in-progress perhaps.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: June 08, 2012, 12:47:57 pm »

I want it. I want it! WANTWANTWANTWANT!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: June 08, 2012, 12:55:29 pm »

Yeah, really hoping the interceptors get more to them. Making them less interesting than the original is not what I want!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: June 08, 2012, 01:44:29 pm »

Best interceptor system i saw was the one from xenonauts! that is what i call interception :D
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: June 08, 2012, 02:04:43 pm »

Best interceptor system i saw was the one from xenonauts! that is what i call interception :D

Yeah, but it's too micromanagy  for me, I play xenonauts for tactical battles on good old soil. I like the interceptions but essentially they become too much of a chore once you hit 10th ufo.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: June 08, 2012, 10:59:05 pm »

I would rather put it like this: the first game was subtle because of it's limitations

The intro sure wasn't subtle for it's limitations  ;D

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: June 09, 2012, 01:48:47 am »

I would rather put it like this: the first game was subtle because of it's limitations

I was talking about the game :P. Also, the intro was still much more subtle than holding psy-balls in your hands :D.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:52 am »

I was talking about the game :P. Also, the intro was still much more subtle than holding psy-balls in your hands :D.
Jumping out of a rocket powered plane while firing a chaingun into a crowd of people to hit a neon green spandex'd giant monkey is more subtle than glowy hands?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: June 09, 2012, 10:25:03 am »

Jumping out of a rocket powered plane while firing a chaingun into a crowd of people to hit a neon green spandex'd giant monkey is more subtle than glowy hands?
Inaccurate physics and aliens are less out of place than flashy fantasy magic in sci-fi, yes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: June 09, 2012, 10:33:13 am »

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go with "meh" on this one. It's just a visual representation of a gameplay element, and I can't say that I see anything wrong with it.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 625