Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 962235 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #1125 on: June 02, 2012, 05:14:46 am »

I used to love the economic scale of the original. You could read all the guides you wanted, but when it came down to it, 4 scouts were always better than one tank.

One person, one laser pistol and some extra electro-flares on their belt. Guess what your job is rookie? You're on point. Find us some stuff to shoot.

Actually, I used to love laser pistols full stop. Every rocket launcher came with a laser pistol in my Xcom. Everyone else got a laser rifle. Or a heavy plasma, small launcher or blaster bombs. But there was always a laser in there somewhere, just in case.

The best thing Earth ever did in Xcom was develop their own, home-grown weaponry. Lasers really are cool.
It's a game. Have fun.

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: June 02, 2012, 01:05:12 pm »

I don't know, I always found tanks much more durable than cannon fodder, since they can take more hits and sometimes the shots miss them although graphically it's depicted as being hit. For me, a tank could survive 10+ missions, depending on how you use it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: June 02, 2012, 03:17:07 pm »

I don't know, I always found tanks much more durable than cannon fodder, since they can take more hits and sometimes the shots miss them although graphically it's depicted as being hit. For me, a tank could survive 10+ missions, depending on how you use it.

I was always fantastically unlucky with tanks. They tended to die in a single shot for me.

I just realised something... This game is going to be very easy. It all makes sense now.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: June 02, 2012, 03:27:13 pm »

Except that there will be psi. And you don't initially have it.
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: June 02, 2012, 03:33:00 pm »

I was always fantastically unlucky with tanks. They tended to die in a single shot for me.

I just realised something... This game is going to be very easy. It all makes sense now.

There is a "classical" difficulty level, though I'm not sure to which actual difficulty level in the original will it correspond.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: June 02, 2012, 04:03:43 pm »

My guess is it will just enhance the enemies on missings by giving them more health and damage.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: June 02, 2012, 04:07:38 pm »

My guess is it will just enhance the enemies on missings by giving them more health and damage.

To be fair, isn't that what the original did too? At least their health and numbers increased if nothing else.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: June 03, 2012, 12:07:12 am »

There is a "classical" difficulty level, though I'm not sure to which actual difficulty level in the original will it correspond.

All difficulty levels autobugged to Beginner, so obviously it just makes the game easier.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Domenique

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:30 am »

All difficulty levels autobugged to Beginner, so obviously it just makes the game easier.

There were patches and fixes. Also, Superhuman made powerful aliens appear faster, you needed to shoot down less ufos for retalation (some people report that they get attacked at the first week of the game).

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:09 pm »

XCOM E3 2012 Trailer here. Spoiler alert, once again.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: June 04, 2012, 04:31:48 pm »

Really. I think these guys have done more press and made more videos than most AAA games. It seems like every week there's a new interview or trailer.

I'm ready to give you my money Firaxis. Less talky and showy, more release-y!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: June 04, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »

Really. I think these guys have done more press and made more videos than most AAA games. It seems like every week there's a new interview or trailer.

I'm ready to give you my money Firaxis. Less talky and showy, more release-y!

Nah, you just got a few die-hards who keep scrounging up every little tid-bit of information there is on the interweb. ;) And it is nothing compared to the amount of info about Borderlands 2. Or Spec Ops the Line. 2K is really betting heavily on those two.

But I do agree with the shutupandtakemymoney.jpg sentiment. If only I could carbon-freeze myself till October ...
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: June 04, 2012, 05:43:26 pm »

The trailer was pretty meh. I don't like those hype action inter-spaced with short text blurbs type trailers. At least it's not wub wub...

Excited about the game though.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: June 04, 2012, 07:21:43 pm »

I liked the trailer, it felt suitably menacing.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: June 04, 2012, 07:41:50 pm »

The trailer was pretty meh. I don't like those hype action inter-spaced with short text blurbs type trailers. At least it's not wub wub...

Excited about the game though.

Agreed.  If it was just for that trailer, I'd be expecting a GoW type game.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 625