Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 959669 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #4620 on: October 28, 2012, 11:11:22 pm »

I've only seen it miss once, it flew past the aliens I wanted to kill and blew up the far wall. I think it scatters randomly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: October 28, 2012, 11:11:42 pm »

What happens when the rocket misses? It never happened to me.

Has it a chance of splashing early killing the assault frontline?

It just goes off at an odd angle and ruins your shot, so it could kill your assault frontline if you're unlucky and it angles towards them.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: October 28, 2012, 11:12:30 pm »

Oh dont worry it does not explode early, it simply shoot random in a 15degree either left or right angle from your shot, either before or after its time and in a 15 degree randomness from your *locked* location wich can end up heavily wounding your front line, or shooting nothing at all.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: October 28, 2012, 11:12:56 pm »

I played with a mod that made it so the AI will:
1) prioritize attacking civilians in terror missions
2) always spawn zombies when killed by chrysalids off the map (I didn't even realize the vanilla game didn't do this)

It was in my iron man impossible marathon game. Holy jesus cow that was terrifying. 12 zombies jumping out of the fow at the same time, then turning into chrysalids the next turn is horrifying! I think that was the first ever time I lost a terror mission. My most advanced piece of technology in that battle was a medkit lol. Damn you marathooooonnnn!!!!

I think it is interesting that the zombies are actually more scary then the Crysalids. Then again we all know how powerful punches are.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: October 28, 2012, 11:18:19 pm »

Oh dont worry it does not explode early, it simply shoot random in a 15degree either left or right angle from your shot, either before or after its time and in a 15 degree randomness from your *locked* location wich can end up heavily wounding your front line, or shooting nothing at all.

Lol and to think I used it mostly for surgical strikes extremely near my own units and it even saved everyone collettive asses a couple of time.

I'll be less liberal with it

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: October 28, 2012, 11:20:54 pm »

It's odd. I've missed 95%+ shots plenty of times before. I've only ever seen a rocket scatter once, and at worse it was simply ineffective rather than contrary to my goals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: October 28, 2012, 11:47:12 pm »

It's odd. I've missed 95%+ shots plenty of times before. I've only ever seen a rocket scatter once, and at worse it was simply ineffective rather than contrary to my goals.

This. I had my sniper miss on a 95% shot, twice in a row, on a frakking muton not in cover, about thirty feet distant. Never had a rocket scatter.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: October 28, 2012, 11:51:13 pm »

This. I had my sniper miss on a 95% shot, twice in a row, on a frakking muton not in cover, about thirty feet distant. Never had a rocket scatter.
That's nothing compared to missing a point-blank shotgun blast at 98% :P
Oh god, the RAGE...

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: October 29, 2012, 12:00:49 am »

Oh god, the RAGE...
Happent to me... missed a 85% shot, got a scattered frocket and missed one of a rapid fire shot at 95 or was it 98% i dont remember. And because of that i lost a colonel support... THAT is raging, needless to say i savescummed that one, i can take bullshit but there is limit...
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: October 29, 2012, 12:01:49 am »

Oh god, the RAGE...

But, missing two 95% shots in a ROW. That's a five percent chance of a five percent chance.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: October 29, 2012, 12:08:58 am »

Oh god, the RAGE...

But, missing two 95% shots in a ROW. That's a five percent chance of a five percent chance.
Ok, that's pretty bad. Most comparable shot I can think of was when my heavy missed two shots against a coverless Outsider at 88% chance each.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: October 29, 2012, 12:38:20 am »

Chryssalid on a roof makes a zombie, that zombie takes the fastest route to get to my guys, goes for the ladder, can't get its shit together and falls to the ground, on its head and goes, 'uuuuurgh', but takes no damage from a four-storey drop.  Then makes the rest of its move right up to my assault and punches him.  My Assault's next turn is to point-blank his alloy cannon - zombie learns to re-die.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Nelia Hawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: October 29, 2012, 01:29:23 am »

all the "missed at 95%" talk makes me think if it would have been better when they wouldnt have used % numbers but instead some "very low/low/medium/high/very high" words instead to show how likely your going to hit?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: October 29, 2012, 01:33:12 am »

If they did that, I'd assume people would then start complaining about the lack of clear percentages.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: October 29, 2012, 01:35:57 am »

If they did that, I'd assume people would then start complaining about the lack of clear percentages.
Especially considering the first game displayed said percentages. It'd just be one more "dumbing down" for folks to wail about.

Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 625