Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 625

Author Topic: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)  (Read 961446 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown (New by Firaxis)
« Reply #2280 on: October 02, 2012, 09:22:13 pm »

so this is like the second game I have ever pre-ordered and ... I didn't even notice it had  a bay12 thread XD  Posting to follow haha
Nom nom nom

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: October 02, 2012, 09:27:46 pm »

I just wanna ask a question since I haven't been following this up to avoid spoilers. But well I have a very important question.

Is the heavy laser replacement still gonna be awesome as it should of been?

Seems to be, yeah. It looks like a laser version of the light machine gun the heavies use.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 02, 2012, 09:28:18 pm »

I just wanna ask a question since I haven't been following this up to avoid spoilers. But well I have a very important question.

If, on the odd chance that it isn't, Jake Solomon has been talking about mod support ASAP.

There also appears to be a laser shotgun called the "Scatter Laser".

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 02, 2012, 10:37:01 pm »

If, on the odd chance that it isn't, Jake Solomon has been talking about mod support ASAP.

That seems to be missing the point of lasers.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: October 02, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »

Yeah, I'm aware, but most of this stuff seems to run on Rule of Cool.
That said, what could be better than putting 20 bursts of laser into an alien face all at once?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45:11 pm »

I'd rather burn a hole through the alien head rather than give it a severe sunburn.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 02, 2012, 10:59:49 pm »

What about burning 20 holes?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: October 02, 2012, 11:07:13 pm »

That said, what could be better than putting 20 bursts of laser into an alien face all at once?

Here's an idea: shotguns allow the user to sprint and fire in one turn. Since you don't really have to aim a scattered shot anyway.

Although, there's already an ability for that.
Also often called Boowells.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: October 02, 2012, 11:14:26 pm »

Here's an idea: shotguns allow the user to sprint and fire in one turn. Since you don't really have to aim a scattered shot anyway.

Well, you still have to at least kind of point the gun in the right direction. Also, inb4 "Scout sucks!!!!!qq!!1!1!!!! LOLOLOLOLO"

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: October 02, 2012, 11:33:38 pm »

Well, you still have to at least kind of point the gun in the right direction. Also, inb4 "Scout sucks!!!!!qq!!1!1!!!! LOLOLOLOLO"

Not sure what you mean by that second statement, but I prefer my scout with that Baby-Face's Blaster (that was it, right? The new one?) if it makes any difference. Yeah, you have to kind of point the gun in the right direction, but hey, it adds variety. Plus, it is a potential mainstay of the assault class, I believe. A shotgun with high damage and high speed, but large accuracy drop-off? I can see it being useful in situations, although it'd be hurt a lot by Overwatch.
Also often called Boowells.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: October 02, 2012, 11:41:12 pm »

Eeeeh, I've just noticed that people around here get...touchy about anything that relates to TF2. Or anything that reminds them of TF2. Or anything with even the most vague connection to TF2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: October 03, 2012, 12:40:28 am »

Eeeeh, I've just noticed that people around here get...touchy about anything that relates to TF2. Or anything that reminds them of TF2. Or anything with even the most vague connection to TF2.
There are about 5 people on the Other Games forum that get touchy about everything. Just ignore them and say what you want to say. The many people who are lurking and just reading posts will filter out the idiots.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: October 03, 2012, 12:45:57 am »

There are about 5 people on the Other Games forum that get touchy about everything. Just ignore them and say what you want to say. The many people who are lurking and just reading posts will filter out the idiots.
Oh, no worries there. Anyone gets too uppity with me and I'll just facepunch them into orbit. :P

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 03, 2012, 12:46:49 am »

Also, inb4 "Scout sucks!!!!!qq!!1!1!!!! LOLOLOLOLO"

Arn't scouts actually the defensive masters in the game? or am I thinking of assault?

Who are the ones who actually get to go full speed AND get a free overwatch?

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 03, 2012, 01:51:24 am »

Hmm I found something worrying while playing the demo. From what I can tell, bullets are not actual physical objects. Let me explain.

I have twice now managed to line up the thin men in the warehouse in a row. This lead me to the wonderful idea to fire on the back one of them and hopefully hit both. So far it has either been a complete miss or all bullets hit the targeted back one. Anyone seen something different so I can lay this worry to rest in my head?
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 625