Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Invaders with candy?  (Read 1565 times)

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Invaders with candy?
« on: January 05, 2012, 03:06:23 am »

How unfair fun would it be if invaders were to wear adamantine armor and weapons? My sisters are playing Fortress Defense and they say once you get a line of traps going, it becomes too easy.

I plan on secretly changing their raws so that invaders will use candy weapons and armor.

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
Re: Invaders with candy?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 03:09:03 am »

Go for it. It's your party, bro.

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 03:57:07 am »

You could also change goblin bones into something as strong as adamantium. And give them wolverine strength healing, and give the the [NO_PAIN] tag. of course if your sisters are on this forum they may be wise to your tricks.

Beware For they could plot Terrible Vengence.

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 03:59:57 am »

Your sisters probably aren't playing with the special edition of Fortress Defence; the one that comes with four [TRAPAVOID] races. They should add that plus Meph's Masterwork (its compatible) as it makes traps a little less unfair.

Oh, and if the traps kill their candy-clad enemies your sisters will now have free candy. It might be worth your while to make their enemies [TRAPAVOID] too.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Prologue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:13:03 am »

Yes, they're not playing V9 but an older version.

They only rely on traps since they think learning the military screen is a daunting challenge (they're still in elementary school). So I don't want to add [TRAPAVOID] to the invaders, but just leave that tag alone for now.

I recently downloaded Meph's Masterwork mod and I want to try it out before I do anything with it.

In my personal mod I'm planning on creating a metal or mineral as strong as candy, but my dwarves will not be able to use it (if I finish tweaking plants).

I forgot about the [NOxxx] tags. I'm going to add those now, and change the invader's tissue with something stronger.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 04:54:34 am »

the issue is that cage traps still bag admantine clad goblins. Maybe you can talk her intro trying my mod? It already has FD included, and has the perk bonus of harder wildlife, harder to set up traps, and much harder to maintain a functional fort due to nobles and trading issues. From my personal opinion, people who think DF being too easy will claw their eyes out with the mod because it's designed so they cant exploit any easy tricks to survive.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 04:58:23 pm »

You could also change goblin bones into something as strong as adamantium. And give them wolverine strength healing, and give the the [NO_PAIN] tag. of course if your sisters are on this forum they may be wise to your tricks.

Beware For they could plot Terrible Vengence.

1. It's Adamantine.
2. Adamantine bones are terrible and break hilariously easily. Adamantine skin layers with something like steel or bronze bones, now that is something.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2012, 05:02:00 pm »

Well, if they won't learn military then you don't have many options.  If you nerf traps, then they don't have the skills to mount a dwarven defense.  I think your only real goal here would be to explain that it'll always be easy until they move past traps, and into militia.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 05:15:40 pm »

Go onto their saves when they're not around, unleash hell, and save again.

OOORR:

Go onto their saves when their not around, deconstruct and rebuild all of their traps with training weapons, and save again.

Sweet, sweet sabotage.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 05:16:44 pm »

Go onto their saves when their not around, deconstruct and rebuild all of their traps with training weapons, and save again.

This. Danger room trained Gobbos ftw.