Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26176 times)

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

Yes, I know, Tiruin. You're included (hence why the carriage only having 4 seats is important.)
The only one who did not indicate he/she wished to travel with the party was Tersr.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You see a large building, standing about 4 stories tall. It's far wider than even normal labs though, and it's clear that alot more goes on here than what they would make public. Unfortunately, a good quarter of the building is gone, gutted by a massive explosion. Smoldering ash and flickering flames still linger in the hole, but noone is around at the moment. The lowest point of the gaping hole seems to be low enough that you could reach it with a jump. Inside the wrecked building is dark, and nothing can be seen.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I love a town where fire is allowed to live unmonitored.

Jump into the hole, using Wind Magitech if necessary!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"Great...no sleep tonight. And it's dark. You'd think there would be some lampposts around here or anything. At least we have fire.

"We need a light."

Get something from the remains and create an improvised lantern/light source of it.

Then follow the group in whatever they plan.

"Tina, wait!"

((Are our talismans activated btw?))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

To the hole!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Shush, you! I'm being sneaky!

I'd whistle the Mission Impossible theme at this point, but, y'know, sneaking.

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Freelance crimefighting!
Also I thought you said I knew how to get home from there.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I thought you did, too.
The dice, however, have informed me that, for one reason or another, you do not. (Be glad I didn't give you that Very Lost debuff derm had for awhile.)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I thought you did, too.
The dice, however, have informed me that, for one reason or another, you do not. (Be glad I didn't give you that Very Lost debuff derm had for awhile.)

Well played, good sir GM :P

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[...]

Well played, good sir GM :P
Thank you. If he'd gotten a total of a 6 for trying to figure out where he was, it would have been an auto-success this turn. Alas, he came up just short.

Waiting on FFS. NPC-ing tomorrow evening.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go ahead and NPC me. I don't have much time on the Internet until ideally much later.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 12
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2012, 04:26:35 am »

Turn 12: In which they seek a door, and Tersr is NOT The Goddamn Batman.

Actions:
--------
Jump into the hole, using Wind Magitech if necessary!
(5) You... clear the slight hurdle with ease. Beyond is a large room, missing two walls (to the left, and straight forward), with several singe marks in the middle suggesting wooden tables. Looking past the gaping holes in the rubble of the walls, you see a fairly large crater.

To the hole!
(3) You fail several times at jumping the wall. You blame your dress, and go stomping off to look for the front door to try it. You stomp carefully, though, because you're still not use to heels.

Get something from the remains and create an improvised lantern/light source of it.
Then follow the group in whatever they plan.
((Are our talismans activated btw?))
((Your talismans are in whatever state was last given, as none of you have indicated you wished it to change recently.))
(3) You find a few interesting items and fit them together into something that should serve as a weak electric lamp, but when you turn it on, nothing happens. You know you didn't forget the batteries, though... You attempt the hole with the others, but struggle abit and decide to follow Derek as he goes to find the front door.

(NPC'd): Follow the others. Be useful. Carry Jasper.
(4) The text <AFK> appears above your head, and you move behind Derek, auto-following him. Though it's amusing to watch the AI Pathfinding struggle with obstacles like corners, small gaps, and poles, it does take the others alittle more effort to get you where they want to go. Jasper seems to appreciate the ride, though, even if it is a bit bumpier than usual.

Freelance crimefighting!
(5) Even if both your parents are still alive and you don't think of bats as anything special, you look for some muggers or other criminal lowlife to bring to justice. You find a small group of angry drunks after several minutes, and they pause in the middle of beating up a young teen to oggle you in surprise and confusion. It's surprisingly difficult to beat all of them unconscious, even with the muffin pan you're suddenly holding. You get hit a few times in the process, but the teen is too terrified by you to do anything but run away screaming about psychopathic crossdressers.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(lol @ <AFK>, not exactly at FFS  :P)

"This place must...have another way in.

Improve my lamp, then find that other entrance!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Investigate crater. Use small sustained lightning as light source.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Sneak to the left!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Follow Derek and look for plot-important items in the crater.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13