Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 13: In which there aren't muffin pans.  (Read 26199 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 10: Talking, Derming, and ducking.
« Reply #135 on: January 18, 2012, 07:38:26 am »

"Success! Hell yeah!" Derek fist pumps the air."And that was without the overdrive feature(Magitech magician)! Haha! Excellent..." He blinks, seeing everyone cowering behind a table. "Heh, shake it off, this kind of thing happens near daily basis."

"Right, now what all are we going to be battling? Is there a centralized force of them? Why, exactly, are we here?" He pauses. "What time is it?" He glances at the clock. "Yeah, we probably should before any looters get there. It's always fun to go messing around in a competitors crap. You want to walk or ride in style?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:43:18 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 18, 2012, 12:38:26 pm »

"utilise external focii, as Derek is currently attempting, as a way of channeling the energy through a passive medium, allowing a more specific, and more focused, use."

I knew I brought a flute for a reason.

TO THE LABORATORY! Er, the other laboratory. Not the one we're at right now.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 18, 2012, 12:43:53 pm »

Valia hastily agrees with Derek. "I say we ride with style... but how would we do that?

Ride with style.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 18, 2012, 02:56:02 pm »

Derek snorted. "Please, you think the head of scientific development of the city, even if they don't recognize it, lousy ingrates, would be a mere pedestrian?"

Derek strides over to the attached, massive garage door and opens it with a mighty flourish. "Behold!"

Roll for vehicle.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 18, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

"Thanks for the information, I need to head home for something, anything I can do on the way that might help anyone in anyway?"

Head home
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2012, 04:22:38 pm »

((Asking for information doesn't count as an action? Derm truly wins.))
"On that note, you did say we all experience a change when we do..umm...activate it right? Why didn't I?"[/i][/color]
((It doesn't when everyone else is asking too, or almost. And I see you're leaving that up to me? Watch as I masterfully dodge this and place the situation back in your lap. :P))

I knew I brought a flute for a reason.
Yes, because it wouldn't probably fall under the third category instead, right? And either I'm a master of the Indy Ploy, or I really did think far enough ahead to count as "second season-type stuff." I'll leave that up to you...)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2012, 08:49:21 pm »

Nessara smiles at the reactions of everyone else. "Then, let us move," she says."

'Walking sounded much better though...'

Zebrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2012, 03:03:41 pm »

Are you still accepting waitlisters, Theifofdreams?
Kira Mightblade: From flaw in a animation to memetic sex goddess in one thread.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2012, 01:57:53 am »

Yup. As long as you're willing to tolerate it. Though at this rate, someone will get killed soon enough.
I'll get the next turn out shortly.

Zebrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2012, 02:03:26 pm »

Yup. As long as you're willing to tolerate it. Though at this rate, someone will get killed soon enough.
I'll get the next turn out shortly.
Sweet!

Zebrea Odell/ Dark Lily
Female
Appearence: Uninteresting looking 17 year-old girl, with long black hair, tied up in a ponytail. Her hair is hidden under a cap, which, along with her small stature and flat chest(which she is VERY conscious of), give many the impression she is in fact a 14 year-old boy. Uses this to her advantage. Wears a long, black trenchcoat to further conceal her features. / Magical Girl Outfit: Black longcoat, with streaks of purple running through it.
Background: Zebrea grew up in the factory district, and was orphaned at a young age due to a factory explosion. Fell in with a gang of street kids for a time, before the gang fell apart. Has spent most of her life acting like a boy so she could find better jobs, riskier but better paying. Almost no-one knows her true gender. Currently living on the streets, doing odd jobs. Trained knife-fighter.
Abilities: Small Stature, Loner, Tomboy
Inventory: Shiv.
Magical Girl style: Whatever becomes available
HP/MP
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 07:41:48 pm by Zebrian »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 21, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »

Inventory: Talismen of magitech, shiv.
I lol'd. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zebrian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »

Inventory: Talismen of magitech, shiv.
I lol'd. :P
Fixed. Forgot about that. :P

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to be a Steampunk Magical Girl Turn 11
« Reply #147 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »

You know what? It's a pain to make social rolls when you're talking amongst yourselves, so talking is a Free Action from now on, and won't count against your turn, but only when you talk amongst yourselves. Talking to NPCs, or persuading the group to do or not do something everyone else does or does not want to do (depending), will still take a social roll.

Turn 11: In which they forgo sleep for ADVENTURE TIME!

Actions:
--------
Head home
(2) You leave the others to their gleeful exploration after confirming none of them have anything they need from you. You feel Jasper's disapproving stare as you walk away, but you ignore it. Unfortunately, you realize that due to the darkness and your lack of attention when following Derick have left you with very little to go on. You wander around for awhile, and find yourself at a dead end in one of the alley ways. Fortunately, it's not daylight, so you aren't being silhouetted against the mouth of the alley.

Would our glorious ringleader accept the quest to search out the smoke
(X)Talking! Yay!

Roll for vehicle.
(3) You unveil a horse drawn carriage. It's not too impressive, and the horse isn't in the best of conditions, but it's still a vehicle. ... You realize it's good that Paul went home, as this only seats four. And only than, with much complaining and discomfort.

Ride with style.
(5) You get in the carriage and somehow manage to make it look stylish and cool, even crammed in with the others. Jasper even gets on someone else's lap so as to not ruin your dapper turn. You feel pretty smug about this, even if you are REALLY uncomfortable.

TO THE LABORATORY!
(4) You realize that it's dark out, and there's no way to follow the smoke. Jasper points you in the right direction, and even if you do end up taking a few too many side alleys, you get there in mostly one piece. The carriage, however, is chipped and dinged, and you feel alittle bad for it. As you get out of the carriage, you feel like a pteranodon should be swooping down or something, but realize noone here is a doctor, a ninja, or both. Oh well.

Spoiler:  The Monk12 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tersr (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Freeformschooler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  The Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Sidekick: Jasper

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 21, 2012, 10:40:15 pm »

... what do we see when we get there?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Actually, I agreed to go with them. Just forgot to state "Make sure our transport can move". Don't know why I didn't post it, my thoughts must've hung on my wrench. Sorry there.))

Check the surroundings, then enter the lab.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13